The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I really like Kill la Kill, Buddy Complex, and Norogami!!
Anime keeps distracting me.. When I know I need to study D=
So another weeks viewing at uni as i've not been watching much at home again :tongue:

Sky Blue was a average/poor film despite it all being CGI. Very Final Fantasy esque.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica reached the three episode mark by which we were told it was gunna get good :tongue: I enjoyed it and want to finish when I have time.

Gosick and Monster continued which were both okay. Monster being the better of the two as the whole mystery and detective genre doesn't cut it for me.

Black Lagoon and Deadman Wonderland were two new additions. DW wasn't bad, the music, animation, characters and story all seemed there; Black Lagoon was good and entertaining for me which is unusual as i'm not an action heavy type of person, shall watch after it goes.

EDIT: Anybody watched Giant Killing? I have a craving to satisfy my love of football :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6562
Wow, those last two episodes of Space Dandy - and especially the last one, ep 9 - were outstanding. And that last one was AMAZING! Makes me feel so excited and fuzzy. And apparently it's two-cour! So there may be possibility for a plot still! Things are looking good :biggrin:
15,000 anime episodes GET! Only took me the best part of nine years. :p:

Reply 6564
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
EDIT: Anybody watched Giant Killing? I have a craving to satisfy my love of football :colone:

I watched the first few episodes and mildly enjoyed them, then lost interest. But I probably only lost interest because I'm not that into football or sports anime, and friends who kept up with the show liked it. So it's probably worth at least trying!
finished Usagi Drop at anisoc, one of the cutest and most heart warming shows ive seen :h:

also watched the first ep of a few shows to help decide which show to take on next, Lovely Complex which ive seen twice already but i dont think ive ever get tired of rewatching it as its so good, Tiger and Bunny dubbed, which was done surprisingly well, it really suits this superhero like theme, feels a lot like marvel comics and i quite enjoyed it so might continue with that dubbed in my own time, and some show where this guy was meant to fight Maou-sama but ended up going out with her instead lol cant remember the name :tongue:

ive heard good things about that show, as much as i love football i could never get myself to watch football anime :s-smilie:

Original post by AngryJellyfish

congrats :woo: im just a few hundred short of 5000 :tongue: cant believe ive been an anime fan for 7 years now :eek: :moon:

7 months out of those 9 years are spent watching anime :biggrin:.
Original post by Dilzo999
7 months out of those 9 years are spent watching anime :biggrin:.

Who, me? If so, I'm actually on a solid 8 months. :proud: :p:

The episode that got me passed this most recent milestone was the first ep of Hellsing Ultimate. All material I'd seen before in the first anime adaptation, but much faster paced and better animated. And with more Wakamoto Engrish. :biggrin: Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Giant killing isn't too bad actually, I feared a lot worse from a sports series. Although I must admit I severly doubt anything the lead character does would work in actual football :lol: which is a shame really.

EDIT: I stumbled across a random standalone OVA from 1989 while browsing the shoujo tag :tongue: it happened to be football related so I end up donating ten minutes of my time. It wasn't all bad though despite its two star ranking: Anoko ni 1000%
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6569
Although I must admit I severly doubt anything the lead character does would work in actual football :lol: which is a shame really.

I saw an episode of a football anime called Captain Tsubasa once. One of the characters took a shot and the goalkeeper was holding the ball out of the goal with his hands, with the striker's foot still touching the ball on the other side and the ball still spinning. So one of the striker's teammates jumped in the air and joined hands with the striker, adding his momentum to the force behind the ball, pushing it through the goalie's hands into the net. It was amazing. Not 'amazing' as in 'good', but 'amazing' as in 'I was left amazed'.
Giant Killing pretty much tops my list of anime that need sequels. I really enjoyed it, but the lack of any closure or sign of a second series is a real shame. I may have to check out the manga, if it's scanlated. :beard:
Anyone currently watching Yowamushi Pedal or Ace of Diamonds?
Original post by Pelly360
Anyone currently watching Yowamushi Pedal or Ace of Diamonds?

I'm watching the former, and really like it so far. :yes:
Anyone watching Saki: The Nationals? :unsure: . I reeeeeeaaaaallllyyyy want to, but my exams are in the way :tongue: . How is it? :colone:
Can't believe i've never watched Cardcaptor Sakura in my life, could have sworn I had seen bits as a kid but after watching the first few episodes I can safely say I haven't :tongue:
Same here! My sister told me that we used to watch Cardcaptors when we were kids, but then I watched a few episodes and don't remember it at all :P
I watched a few episodes of Cardcaptors back when I didn't know any better... thinking back on all the stuff they edited... :yucky:

Would definitely be up for watching the unedited, subbed Cardcaptor Sakura, and have been meaning to for a few years, but I say that about a lot of series. :o: One day, I'll clear my backlog!
Reply 6577
Currently rewatching Gundam Wing for like the 7th time......still love this show.

Also started writing my spring season preview.......my arm fecking hurts like hell.
Original post by caraniel
Also started writing my spring season preview.......my arm fecking hurts like hell.

Haha, I've booked next Thursday off work to do the same, I'm hoping to throw it together in a day as I've done for the past couple. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6579
Haha, I've booked next Thursday off work to do the same, I'm hoping to throw it together in a day as I've done for the past couple. :p:

Think I've spent a week so far......but I've only been doing an hour or two here and there. Have all the information and the blog post formatted now, just need to write opinions and hit publish.......hopefully finish today.....maybe.

Latest