The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Erghhh...come on leicester, let the rest of us know!
Original post by g.k.galloway
Erghhh...come on leicester, let the rest of us know!

Original post by bakes100
Nope nothing for me either. Checking my emails frantically as it looks like a couple of Newcastle A101 offers are trickling out too!

Original post by LiSpi
Anyone heard today? My inbox is depressingly quiet..

:frown: I hope you guys get good news soon! I wonder why it has been so quiet today... would be nice to get a trickle each day.
Original post by Amyk89
:frown: I hope you guys get good news soon! I wonder why it has been so quiet today... would be nice to get a trickle each day.

My interview was back in early December! :smile:

Hopefullyyyy we will hear something in the next week or so :smile:

Congrats on your offer!!! :biggrin:
My interview was back in early December! :smile:

Hopefullyyyy we will hear something in the next week or so :smile:

Congrats on your offer!!! :biggrin:

Thanks!!

I think if we knew exactly when we would hear, or a much closer approximation, it would be easier... I don't know why I am still on edge lol I've got lots of nervous energy... I just want people to share it with now!
So does Leicester send an email first, then the update on track?
Original post by Amyk89
Thanks!!

I think if we knew exactly when we would hear, or a much closer approximation, it would be easier... I don't know why I am still on edge lol I've got lots of nervous energy... I just want people to share it with now!

Yeah that would be nicer - also scarier!!

I'm just at the point now where i'm going crazy....in fact...i've been going crazy for a while :biggrin:
Yeah that would be nicer - also scarier!!

I'm just at the point now where i'm going crazy....in fact...i've been going crazy for a while :biggrin:

Oh I've already gone past the point of crazy..... :s-smilie: I think you have to be to sign up for gem and the application process and the workload. I think tomorrow or saturday I will have a massive comedown and just crash from all the nervous energy and excitement!
Original post by Rainman91
KCL Biomed BSc 2:1
UKCAT 737.5 Band 2

Leicester GEM - pre interview score 20/25, interview 27/01/14
Soton GEM - pending
Warwick - rejection 21/01/14
Manchester - interview 11/12/14, offer 29/01/14

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by haribo26
Hi, I'm not a graduate applicant but my stats are:
9 A* 2 A GCSE
AAAAA AS level
Predicted A*A*A*A* at A level
UKCAT 842.5 Band 2
Unis applied to:
Edinburgh, UCL, Leicester, Sheffield

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much. Good luck with your universities and let us know how you get on :smile:

Original post by LiSpi
Anyone heard today? My inbox is depressingly quiet..

Not a whisper today, its really odd. Do you think they just did one day of offers?
Original post by walkers38
So does Leicester send an email first, then the update on track?

Thats what they did for me
Original post by petzneo
Thank you very much. Good luck with your universities and let us know how you get on :smile:

Not a whisper today, its really odd. Do you think they just did one day of offers?

I wonder if its like the december interviews. Send a few invites out but the majority will come pretty much all at once
Reply 2890
Original post by petzneo

I really hope not. But I know a grad interviewed on the 18th of Feb and he got an offer yesterday too, so I'm a bit worried that's it!
Does anyone think that undergrads who interviewed in January may hear back tomorrow?? :smile:
Still not heard ANYTHING at all from Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiSpi
I really hope not. But I know a grad interviewed on the 18th of Feb and he got an offer yesterday too, so I'm a bit worried that's it!

I had a look at new media medicine and how last years offers were like. It looks like they got offers over 2 days in March. One person didn't hear a thing until april and then got an offer and that was it.

Original post by Amyk89
I wonder if its like the december interviews. Send a few invites out but the majority will come pretty much all at once

Im not sure..its all so confusing :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by purple and gold
Does anyone think that undergrads who interviewed in January may hear back tomorrow?? :smile:

No
No

haha, when do you think we will hear back? :biggrin:
Original post by petzneo
I had a look at new media medicine and how last years offers were like. It looks like they got offers over 2 days in March. One person didn't hear a thing until april and then got an offer and that was it.

Im not sure..its all so confusing :frown:

2 days of offers doesn't seem like much at all. For Gem theres 64 places so what 75+ offers? I would think we would have seen more of a representation on here, but I suppose there aren't too many of us Leicester GEMs floating around on here.... I really hope you all hear good news in the next batch of offers
haha, when do you think we will hear back? :biggrin:

I think it will be after the final interview has taken place which is on the 13th.
I think it will be after the final interview has taken place which is on the 13th.

Okay, ahh we will have to wait and see...

Quite possibly, those interviewed late Jan last year starting hearing back on the 7th March...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending