The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
I am angry at Motorcycle Direct insurance. Do not use them as they are incompetent.
Reply 1361
Original post by Juno
I am angry at Motorcycle Direct insurance. Do not use them as they are incompetent.

I'm with 'em at the moment. I'm switching when my renewal comes up though, as they'll charge me a ridiculous price for either of the uni's I'm looking at going to in September!
Original post by Maccees

Is the Aldi stuff generally ok? I need to get myself some, currently using walking boots.

bear in mind its a £30 boot, its not going to last that long (generally), but if its all you can get its better then nothing (if the walking boots do ankle support they should be fine)

Original post by Maccees
I'll probably find more and more uses and accumulate them as well :lol:

Out of interest, do any of you use tinted visors? If you do, do you always carry a clear one around with you?

ive got a fancy reactive pin lock in! goes dark in the sun, clear at nights :yup:
Well a tinted one was £13 delivered off ebay, so I thought rather than buying a pin lock kit and trying to drill all the holes myself etc I'll just get one of them. Only thought about it after we had a bit of rain a few days ago and with the reflection of the light off the road and the sun, I couldn't see :lol:
I was wondering just out of curiosity when purchasing a bike. How much does a complete paint job cost? Roughly or on average in London?
thanks
Original post by Islam Hamza
I was wondering just out of curiosity when purchasing a bike. How much does a complete paint job cost? Roughly or on average in London?
thanks

I say just pick a colour you like to start with :P I imagine custom paint jobs are fairly pricey.
Just letting everyone know that a store my friend works at is selling pairs of dunlop q3's for $180 shipped anywhere in the states and they do ship to the uk too I just don't know for how much. Motomummy.com is the store and they have some pretty epic deals (if you live in the us :colone: )

Now that that is out of the way I got my new Ti exhaust and forgot to get gaskets sooo gonna have to wait a few weeks to put it on.
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Yes and Yes.

This was taken like 2 days before my crash.. I should probably have spent more time looking where I was going and less time poncing about.

Attachment not found

Stuff happens mate, you can sit there thinking you could have prevented it but hell man stuff happens. Getting up and back on the bike is the best thing instead of beating yourself up about it. Though I do have to appreciate that you can joke about it :tongue:

You have to admit though at least you looked good while you were going down :biggrin:
Original post by Texan88

You have to admit though at least you looked good while you were going down :biggrin:

Haha, this is true :P
Original post by Islam Hamza
thanks

What type of bike do you have? Some bike's it's as easy as swapping the fairings for some new ones (around $500 around here) other naked bikes it's basically painting the tank and rear fairing which might cost you around $300 for a well prepped well done job. It all depends on the bike and what you're thinking of doing to it. As well as the person who is painting it.
I used to have the inner Sun visor thing on my old helmet(A flppy uppy helmet) But not on the Arai.

On my AGV(old old helmet) i had a petrol look visor which looked awesome but wasn't that useful.

Atm i use Sunglasses.

WRT Bike insurance MCE are awesome. Breakdown cover included and they've been awesome sorting my claim. Deliver me a very nice hire bike within a week of the accident. The other side is slowing down the actual bike repair but i'm not caring since i'm riding around on a much nicer bike than my one. :P

Only annoying thing is i don't know how long my bike will be so am only putting a tenner of petrol in at a time which means more petrol stops. Don't want to give the bike back with an expensive tank full when i got it empty.
Original post by Motorbiker

Only annoying thing is i don't know how long my bike will be so am only putting a tenner of petrol in at a time which means more petrol stops. Don't want to give the bike back with an expensive tank full when i got it empty.

How you finding the sv? (mine worked for 3 days and broke again- i think she hates me)
Original post by Bathwiggle
How you finding the sv? (mine worked for 3 days and broke again- i think she hates me)

it's already dead again?! jesus what did you do to that thing to make it hate you so.

how are things going with the unruly neighbor?
Original post by Texan88
it's already dead again?! jesus what did you do to that thing to make it hate you so.

how are things going with the unruly neighbor?

neighbour i've not had a repeat, but that might be as my car is still in the way!

Bike worked sat, sun and mon, tues went to go to work, turned it on, it lit up and when i tried to start it, it went 'click.' turned it off and on again (can't blame me for trying!) and it no lights- nothing. So not sure, might be blown fuse or completely knackered battery, i need to look this weekend.
neighbour i've not had a repeat, but that might be as my car is still in the way!

Bike worked sat, sun and mon, tues went to go to work, turned it on, it lit up and when i tried to start it, it went 'click.' turned it off and on again (can't blame me for trying!) and it no lights- nothing. So not sure, might be blown fuse or completely knackered battery, i need to look this weekend.

If it were here I would check it out myself. But you're not sadly.

That said though I'm thinking of moving out of country when I'm done with my schooling. Want to live in a country where I don't have to worry about medical bills and live in a place that isnt so..... ridiculously stupid

She's a nice bike. Nice because she's just a lot more modern but i don't like the riding posititon. Prefer the more upright fazer for sure.

Have heard from insurance that the damage is below the writeoff level so my bike will be fixed and sent back. Eventually.

Also, Riding a bike that's only 2 years old is just nice. Everything still feels new and works correctly. Strong lack of power compared to the fazer though.
She's a nice bike. Nice because she's just a lot more modern but i don't like the riding posititon. Prefer the more upright fazer for sure.

Have heard from insurance that the damage is below the writeoff level so my bike will be fixed and sent back. Eventually.

Also, Riding a bike that's only 2 years old is just nice. Everything still feels new and works correctly. Strong lack of power compared to the fazer though.

Lack of power? :'(
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Lack of power? :'(

Yea, like 70hp compared to 100.

And the delivery is weird. It's all torque and no power.

my fazer has no power at the minute

keeps being a 300cc twin :frown:
Yea, like 70hp compared to 100.

And the delivery is weird. It's all torque and no power.

Torque is what you want :wink: acceleration is the fun bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest