The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine A100 Applicants (2014 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

can anyone thats been unsuccessful broadly talk about their experiences of the mmi? obviously we all signed a confidentiality agreement but its common knowledge stuff like role play or pbl will be one of the stations
I received an offer today at 4pm.

I'm really sorry to all those of you who have been rejected. I didn't get a place last year and have spent this year working at the hospital as a clinical support worker which has given me so so much more knowledge of the general workings of the hospital and it's allowed me to appreciate the work of everyone involved in looking after the patients. It might not seem it now but having a gap year I believe is a huge benefit, I am so glad I had one.

Good luck with all your other unis/future applications.
Original post by Hslancaster

I'm really sorry to all those of you who have been rejected. I didn't get a place last year and have spent this year working at the hospital as a clinical support worker which has given me so so much more knowledge of the general workings of the hospital and it's allowed me to appreciate the work of everyone involved in looking after the patients. It might not seem it now but having a gap year I believe is a huge benefit, I am so glad I had one.

Wow congratulations!!! That's great to hear :smile: out of curiosity, what was the date of your interview?
Reply 344

I was 4th feb too. I haven't heard anything yet. How did you find the mmi? I thought I really messed up 2 maybe 3 stations but the rest I felt were really good. The group activity went fantastic. Congratulations on your offer :smile:
To be honest I didn't think I did that well, there was only about 3/4 stations that I felt I gave decent answers to! And I was really unsure about how I performed at the group interview, I didn't know if I had said too much and seemed too pushy but just goes to show you can't tell how you've done really. What we think they were looking for maybe they weren't :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 346
To be honest I didn't think I did that well, there was only about 3/4 stations that I felt I gave decent answers to! And I was really unsure about how I performed at the group interview, I didn't know if I had said too much and seemed too pushy but just goes to show you can't tell how you've done really. What we think they were looking for maybe they weren't :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. You must have done something right :smile: Well done! I will be obsessively refreshing my emails over the next couple of days, I'm so nervous.
Reply 347

Congratulations!!! There aren't many places at Lancaster so such an achievement!! :biggrin: Ahhh the things I'd do to have an unconditional med offer!
any news today :redface:??
Original post by jesscoulthurst
any news today :redface:??

nothing

really dont understand why lancaster cant let everyone know at the same time
pissing me off cant concentrate on anything keep refreshing my emails
Original post by ihateusernames
nothing

really dont understand why lancaster cant let everyone know at the same time
pissing me off cant concentrate on anything keep refreshing my emails

My phone battery is taking half of the usual time it takes to die because of how many times I'm refreshing :frown:
Original post by Rumschpringe
My phone battery is taking half of the usual time it takes to die because of how many times I'm refreshing :frown:

lool thats funny

yep i think my friends are sick of me constantly checking and then feeling the need to complain to them every time theres no email

how do you think your interview went? i really cant tell but i did really badly on the pbl station even tho i practised for it and everything kicked myself a lot afterwards :frown:
Original post by ihateusernames
lool thats funny

yep i think my friends are sick of me constantly checking and then feeling the need to complain to them every time theres no email

how do you think your interview went? i really cant tell but i did really badly on the pbl station even tho i practised for it and everything kicked myself a lot afterwards :frown:

I actually have no idea. Obviously I found some stations more challenging than others, but it's impossible for me to tell whether they thought my answers were thorough enough or not! I guess it's a matter of time that will tell...
offer today! AAAAH came through at about 1 o clock :biggrin:
Reply 354
When was your interview?? And is it a conditional offer??
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jesscoulthurst
offer today! AAAAH came through at about 1 o clock :biggrin:

Yayy congratulations! :woo: :yay: :birthday:
(edited 3 years ago)
Unconditional offer!!!! Track updated 16:21.... So HAPPPY!! Hahahaaaa!!!😃 my interview was 12th feb. Xx good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats to those who got a place!

I'm sorry to hear about the rejections. This is my third time applying and I got in and so can you just don't give up. Dreams do come true!!! Xx🍀
Original post by Hotfudgechoc
Unconditional offer!!!! Track updated 16:21.... So HAPPPY!! Hahahaaaa!!!😃 my interview was 12th feb. Xx good luck to those still waiting.

I'm sorry to hear about the rejections. This is my third time applying and I got in and so can you just don't give up. Dreams do come true!!! Xx🍀

Aah so happy for you!! I got an offer too this morning :smile: :smile:

Yes that's exactly what I want to say about rejections. DONT GIVE UP!! This is my second time applying and although stressful, see there's light at the end of the tunnel. :biggrin:

Good luck for all of you waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
Original post by Hotfudgechoc

Congratulations!!! :biggrin: I'd literally be jumping round the house Hahahaha, Ahhhh I hope there not sending offers in terms of interview dates! Mine was 12th of Feb too Hahahhaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laurasurreal
Aah so happy for you!! I got an offer too this morning :smile: :smile:

Yes that's exactly what I want to say about rejections. DONT GIVE UP!! This is my second time applying and although stressful, see there's light at the end of the tunnel. :biggrin:

Good luck for all of you waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your offer...bet your over the moon!!! Well done:smile:) and thanks!!! Still happy I can't stop smiling!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending