Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That's the spirit! :yep:

Hahah :smile: thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2681
Original post by Tillsy
Thanks so much! I've been praying too. I know that if I don't get into uni then God has another plan for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if you don't go next year, that doesn't necessarily mean His plan isn't for you to go later on :yep:

TLG, sounds like we have our intention for tomorrow :h:
(A level students)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aula

(A level students)

Indeed :teeth:
Reply 2683
Original post by Aula
And if you don't go next year, that doesn't necessarily mean His plan isn't for you to go later on :yep:

(A level students)

Haha thanks :smile: just been so worried lately. Thanks so much guys :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today in Cath Soc, we pray for all A Level students revising and preparing for summer exams. We invite you to join us in our prayers, in whatever way you see fit :h:
Hi guys,
This is an odd one but could i ask for prayers for my sister, shes just found out her council tax benefit and housing benefit was stopped october so now has to find over £1000 in a month or she will be evicted, what makes her situation worse is that she has a 6 month old baby and is prctically a single mum.
I wish i could help her, but i have no money myself, but i dont want to see her and my nephew homeless, so hoping god will help her out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a question for you guys. God told us in Genesis that we have dominion over all the Earth, and when Jesus told the tree to die and it did He told the disciples not to rejoice/get excited because these things happen iirc. So why is it that when I command a tree to die or command something in nature to do something nothing happens? I don't think it's a question of faith because I believe that it will happen..or atleast I think I believe it will happen anyways.
Original post by PonchoKid
Hi guys,
This is an odd one but could i ask for prayers for my sister, shes just found out her council tax benefit and housing benefit was stopped october so now has to find over £1000 in a month or she will be evicted, what makes her situation worse is that she has a 6 month old baby and is prctically a single mum.
I wish i could help her, but i have no money myself, but i dont want to see her and my nephew homeless, so hoping god will help her out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh **** hun, of course, will get praying. It's horrible when that happens. I can empathise somewhat, since the council have been trying to evict us for a while and we had similar-ish problems. All got resolved though. Can she go to a law firm that takes legal aid cases? :dontknow:

Original post by Entrepreneur123
Got a question for you guys. God told us in Genesis that we have dominion over all the Earth, and when Jesus told the tree to die and it did He told the disciples not to rejoice/get excited because these things happen iirc. So why is it that when I command a tree to die or command something in nature to do something nothing happens? I don't think it's a question of faith because I believe that it will happen..or atleast I think I believe it will happen anyways.

Hate to break it to you but you're not the Messiah, therefore you cannot have that kinda power over the earth! Dominion over the earth means we are stewards of the earth, here to look after it. Not run around commanding trees to die :tongue:
Oh **** hun, of course, will get praying. It's horrible when that happens. I can empathise somewhat, since the council have been trying to evict us for a while and we had similar-ish problems. All got resolved though. Can she go to a law firm that takes legal aid cases? :dontknow:

Shes going to go to CAB when shes stopped crying a bit, shes been homeless before, but not with a baby, and this isnt her fault, they havnt told her all this has been stopped, so she has 5 months of rent and council tax to pay with pretty much no money :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shes going to go to CAB when shes stopped crying a bit, shes been homeless before, but not with a baby, and this isnt her fault, they havnt told her all this has been stopped, so she has 5 months of rent and council tax to pay with pretty much no money :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll make it our prayer intention tomorrow in Cath Soc :sadnod:

:hugs:
We'll make it our prayer intention tomorrow in Cath Soc :sadnod:

:hugs:

Thankyou hun.
I only asked cos when you guys have prayed for me before things have gone right, so i hope it does for her, and i know shell appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2691

Posted from TSR Mobile

CAB is definitely a good bet. If they hadn't told her that the money had stopped, then she should be in a reasonable position for some help.

We've been having similarish issues with my severely autistic uncle - although partly due to incompetence on the part of the care company who deals with him/his finances and stuff. It's lucky he's got a sister who knows what's what and is quite happy to fight and go through hours of getting things sorted for him.

Hate to break it to you but you're not the Messiah, therefore you cannot have that kinda power over the earth! Dominion over the earth means we are stewards of the earth, here to look after it. Not run around commanding trees to die :tongue:

But Jesus told his disciples that they could do it if they have faith? He told them that they'll do much greater works than He done?
But Jesus told his disciples that they could do it if they have faith? He told them that they'll do much greater works than He done?

I suppose maybe it has to be part of God's will for you, for it to actually happen though? :dontknow: You can't do it of yourself: the Holy Spirit has to work through you :yes:

There's also things about do not test God etc. which may be what you're doing.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
There's also things about do not test God etc. which may be what you're doing.

Hmm true that. Anyways was just curious, thanks :smile:
I think Jesus was a good guy and he's a bit of a role model to me and I think Christianity has brought many great things to society but one thing I've always not really understood is the whole "submission to God" thing. I always think of Jesus as a very modest man and part of a community and someone who wouldn't say you should have to "submit" to. Do you think you can be a Christian without submitting to Christ?
Reply 2697
Original post by redbull55
I think Jesus was a good guy and he's a bit of a role model to me and I think Christianity has brought many great things to society but one thing I've always not really understood is the whole "submission to God" thing. I always think of Jesus as a very modest man and part of a community and someone who wouldn't say you should have to "submit" to. Do you think you can be a Christian without submitting to Christ?

Well I think you have to have your sins forgiven to be called a christian, then you can be submissive to the will of God.
Reply 2698
Which denomination do people follow on this thread?
Original post by orebach
Well I think you have to have your sins forgiven to be called a christian, then you can be submissive to the will of God.

I think as long as I am a positive member of my community I am considered a Christian. I really do not think Christianity is about being a virgin 'til you're married. I fail to see how that is a negative thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending