The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

St. Peter's court or Raleigh park for nursing student 2014

Hi guys,

I have received an offer from University of Nottingham to study nursing in September 2014. I've heard a lot about accommodation. I was wondering to live In St. Peter's court as it is all ensuite, I am really fussy when it comes to sharing bathrooms with people and I feel I need a ensuite, however Raleigh park doesn't offer ensuite, is St. Peter's court for away from the QMC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Tolula
Hi guys,

I have received an offer from University of Nottingham to study nursing in September 2014. I've heard a lot about accommodation. I was wondering to live In St. Peter's court as it is all ensuite, I am really fussy when it comes to sharing bathrooms with people and I feel I need a ensuite, however Raleigh park doesn't offer ensuite, is St. Peter's court for away from the QMC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

25-minute walk: http://goo.gl/maps/IbmDI

That said, if you have a bike, 10 mins.

Raleigh isn't too much closer even if you go for the south-most blocks; it'll knock 5 minutes off your walk or a couple of minutes tops off a bike ride.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I guess that is okay then, does places at SPC go fast?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm having the exact same problem! i really dunno where to stay haha, i'm doing adult nursing received my offer this morning & i'm really fussy about sharing bathrooms
Hey! I'm a nursing student at Nottingham. Most of the nursing students go for Raleigh Park, as this is the closest halls to Queens Medical Centre (QMC), which is where your lectures/lots of your placements will be. It's great because Raleigh park have a 'nursing student' option in the application process so you can be placed with other nursing students who will appreciate the early get-ups and night shifts.

Raleigh park does offer ensuite... a lot of flats in Sillitoe have en-suite, I have a few friends that live there.

Raleigh park is between two main roads that run to and from the university campus, one of them passing QMC on the way. This means catching a bus to pretty much anywhere you would need to go as a student is really easy (And cheap, all the buses are no more than a pound).

Raleigh park is also in walking distance of The Crown, which is a pub outside of which is a bus stop that enables you to catch the free Medilink bus which travels between QMC and City Hospital, the two most likely hospitals for you to have a placement in.

Jubilee campus is also near by, so you can get the free hopper bus straight onto campus.

Also, it's one of the closest halls to the city centre, meaning a taxi to and from town is about £5, compared to the £10-15 you'd pay for the various other university halls.

And finally, Lidl, along with a few bars and takeaways (including Dominoes where nursing students get 50% off!) are a 4 minute walk away from your Raleigh park flat/house.

Raleigh park has been such a great place to live as a nursing student, I've applied to stay here again for my second year. :smile:

Anyway, wherever you go, good luck with your exams and such! x
Reply 5
Original post by BananaWhale
Hey! I'm a nursing student at Nottingham. Most of the nursing students go for Raleigh Park, as this is the closest halls to Queens Medical Centre (QMC), which is where your lectures/lots of your placements will be. It's great because Raleigh park have a 'nursing student' option in the application process so you can be placed with other nursing students who will appreciate the early get-ups and night shifts.

Raleigh park does offer ensuite... a lot of flats in Sillitoe have en-suite, I have a few friends that live there.

Raleigh park is between two main roads that run to and from the university campus, one of them passing QMC on the way. This means catching a bus to pretty much anywhere you would need to go as a student is really easy (And cheap, all the buses are no more than a pound).

Raleigh park is also in walking distance of The Crown, which is a pub outside of which is a bus stop that enables you to catch the free Medilink bus which travels between QMC and City Hospital, the two most likely hospitals for you to have a placement in.

Jubilee campus is also near by, so you can get the free hopper bus straight onto campus.

Also, it's one of the closest halls to the city centre, meaning a taxi to and from town is about £5, compared to the £10-15 you'd pay for the various other university halls.

And finally, Lidl, along with a few bars and takeaways (including Dominoes where nursing students get 50% off!) are a 4 minute walk away from your Raleigh park flat/house.

Raleigh park has been such a great place to live as a nursing student, I've applied to stay here again for my second year. :smile:

Hey,
Do you live in the shared bathroom accommodation? If so, how is this? Do nurses choose en-suite?
Reply 6
Original post by BananaWhale

Thanks so much for this, it's really helpful information! I'm not a nursing student but a Physio so I'll be based at the city hospital so it's great to know I can catch the bus from the crown or QMC. Also nice to know there are surrounding health professionals too! Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending