The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Goldsmith Court 2014/15

Hey, I was just wondering if there was any others considering booking accommodation at Goldsmith Court? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm looking at Goldsmith Court, just a bit worried there won't be the same Fresher atmosphere although they do have fresher reps there, so stuck on what to do, it seems nicer and cheaper than the halls of residences :/
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Laurenrxo
I'm looking at Goldsmith Court, just a bit worried there won't be the same Fresher atmosphere although they do have fresher reps there, so stuck on what to do, it seems nicer and cheaper than the halls of residences :/

I've booked a place for there now. I figured it would just be simpler. I think it'll be okay, I mean especially if they have freshers reps. And I really doubt it won't have a good freshers atmosphere. Pretty much all should. But I do understand what you mean though.
Reply 3
Did you get a chance to look around it? and yeah i guess so, just feels a bit different, but the price is so good! i'm going up on the 22nd to look at the halls so i guess if i don't like any of them it'll be Goldsmiths, i like how close it is to the university though!
Reply 4
Original post by Laurenrxo
Did you get a chance to look around it? and yeah i guess so, just feels a bit different, but the price is so good! i'm going up on the 22nd to look at the halls so i guess if i don't like any of them it'll be Goldsmiths, i like how close it is to the university though!

No I didn't get to but I'm pretty confident it will be okay :smile: I'm going on that day too :smile: That's exactly why I want to go. No waking up early ;D
Iv been considering Goldsmiths too! When i went up on saturday for the accommodation open day it wasnt open for viewing, has anyone seen inside of it and know if the rooms are of a decent size?
I've booked goldsmith! Been told by someone that's there that they are majority freshers and the have a freshers rep there!
Original post by emilypattern
I've booked goldsmith! Been told by someone that's there that they are majority freshers and the have a freshers rep there!

Oh thats alright then! What accommodation is it similar too from the uni do you know?
Original post by AlexandraPerry
Oh thats alright then! What accommodation is it similar too from the uni do you know?

Rooms are similar to gill street, quite modern and ensuite bathrooms really nice! Just better value for money it's looking like, and if the freshers experience is more or less the same I'm happy with that!
Reply 9
Rooms are similar to gill street, quite modern and ensuite bathrooms really nice! Just better value for money it's looking like, and if the freshers experience is more or less the same I'm happy with that!

I've booked it too! :smile: What flat are you in?
Original post by Saskia_xo

Are the ensuit bathrooms like wet rooms or do they have a proper shower in them? I might have to book this then! Thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by AlexandraPerry
Are the ensuit bathrooms like wet rooms or do they have a proper shower in them? I might have to book this then! Thank you :smile:

I think they're like a proper shower cubicle type thing. I didn't go for some other accommodation because it was like a wet room. But it should be a cubicle :smile:

Flat 4! :smile: what about you?
Reply 13
Flat 4! :smile: what about you?

OMG ME TOO!!! Room 7!!! :biggrin: I'm so glad I know at least one person now!
OMG ME TOO!!! Room 7!!! :biggrin: I'm so glad I know at least one person now!

I'm in room 5! Ahh me too!:smile: what course are you doing?
Reply 15
I'm in room 5! Ahh me too!:smile: what course are you doing?

I'm doing Psychology with Criminology. What about you? :smile:
I'm doing Psychology with Criminology. What about you? :smile:

Same!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Same!!!! :biggrin:

No way! That's awesome! :smile: You're pretty much stuck with me for the year now hahaa :P By the way, did you find out (when you booked) how much you can pay in August and how much in September? I asked when I booked but they hadn't gotten a number yet.
No way! That's awesome! :smile: You're pretty much stuck with me for the year now hahaa :P By the way, did you find out (when you booked) how much you can pay in August and how much in September? I asked when I booked but they hadn't gotten a number yet.

It was something like £2005 on the 18th august but if you send them your student finance plan they let you pay 6 or 8 weeks rent at £109 and then you can pay the rest when your loan comes in I think x
Reply 19
omg hey girls, i have just booked goldsmith court and im going to be studying psychology and criminology too!! how long will they get back to me with the room number and stuff? Xx

Quick Reply

Latest