The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by separat
Hey guys, been stalking SR since last year, never posted and, in fact, this will be my last time posting:smile:

Got an unconditional offer to study BSc Philosophy and Economics based on achieved A*AAAa in A-levels last year. (Russian, Maths, Econs, Bio, EngLang)
I sent off my application on October 9th, had a strongest in cohort email way back in time; 4, 7 week emails, which they were late with; March 17th e-mail last friday.

It took me 2 Oxford rejections and very late rejection last year to get through this, hard time hopefully well paid off. So don't let yourself down, guys! And for those still waiting - keep it up!

I sent it off on the 9th too and just got an offer for the same course!!!!! I have also dealt through an oxford rejection. Dont worry dude I know how it feels but at least we got in !!!!!! lucky yours is unconditional though! I still have to get the grades :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bshrestha
Just got an offer from Philospohy and Economics! SO HAPPY! After my rejection from Oxford, LSE was my last hope! Now I am really scared of actually getting the grades.

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what are your grades and predictions? I applied for the same course! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Alexmwinter
Congratulations!! So jealous, I've also applied for Accounting and finance but I haven't heard anything yet. Do you mind if I ask what grades you got? Well done on the offer!

Cheers! Don't be jelly aha hopefully you'll receive an offer soon. My grades are my listed on my profile; straight As in A-level Maths, Physics and Law with a Distinction in AQA Bacc. I applied to LSE speculatively and this offer has ruffled my feathers tbh. Which subjects do you study then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gatsby123
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what are your grades and predictions? I applied for the same course! Thanks :smile:

Sure!
GCSEs; 9 A*'s , 3 A's,
AS levels: AAAB in Economics, maths, further maths and english lit.
Alevels prediction: A*A*AA
Offer for : AAA in maths econ and english.

What about you? And good luck!!!! be optimistic :biggrin:
Original post by bshrestha
Sure!
GCSEs; 9 A*'s , 3 A's,
AS levels: AAAB in Economics, maths, further maths and english lit.
Alevels prediction: A*A*AA
Offer for : AAA in maths econ and english.

What about you? And good luck!!!! be optimistic :biggrin:

We're so similar haha! I got 9 a*s and 2 as and a*aaa at AS doing maths, economics, English lit and food tech. (I did food A level early, it's weird I know) Thanks, I'm trying to stay positive haha! Good luck, don't worry about the grades, the hard part is over!
I did the IB and got a total of 40 points;
English Standard Level: 6
Swedish Higher Level: 6
Maths Standard Level: 6
Economics Higher Level: 7
Biology Standard Level: 7
History Higher Level: 7

I think that my scores are equivalent to 4 or 5 As or something so I hope thats good enough

I'm not overly familiar with the IB, but I do know 40 points is a solid result. Well done! Personally, I believe top Unis, such as LSE, put greater emphasis on the Personal Statement and Teacher Reference to distinguish between candidates as meeting the entry requirements is standard. I was extremely confident my PS was top quality, so saw no harm in applying. My TR wasn't too shabby either. How confident are you in the strength of your PS may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
I'm not overly familiar with the IB, but I do know 40 points is a solid result. Well done! Personally, I believe top Unis, such as LSE, put greater emphasis on the Personal Statement and Teacher Reference to distinguish between candidates as meeting the entry requirements is standard. I was extremely confident my PS was top quality, so saw no harm in applying. My TR wasn't too shabby either. How confident are you in the strength of your PS may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure its pretty strong, got me an interview at Cambridge. Hopefully I'll hear something soon!
Original post by separat
Hey guys, been stalking SR since last year, never posted and, in fact, this will be my last time posting:smile:

Got an unconditional offer to study BSc Philosophy and Economics based on achieved A*AAAa in A-levels last year. (Russian, Maths, Econs, Bio, EngLang)
I sent off my application on October 9th, had a strongest in cohort email way back in time; 4, 7 week emails, which they were late with; March 17th e-mail last friday.

It took me 2 Oxford rejections and very late rejection last year to get through this, hard time hopefully well paid off. So don't let yourself down, guys! And for those still waiting - keep it up!

Hey coursemate! They took a while with you I applied on literally the same day, but got an unconditional offer too :biggrin:

Even though I got an offer a while ago, I still can't leave this thread, it's my home on TSR :colondollar:
Well done to everyone who got an offer today, especially the Philosophy and Econ ppl! :cool:
Reply 5729
Original post by season1209
What were your GCSE, AS and predicted grades and when did you apply, if you don't mind me asking.

GCSE: 10A* 2As

AS: Economics - A (96.5%)
English Lit - A (91.5%)
Philosophy - A (88%)

Maths A-level A* achieved (98.5%)

Predictions for Econ, Eng Lit and Further Maths: A*A*A*

I applied 14th October
Pretty sure its pretty strong, got me an interview at Cambridge. Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Wicked! How did your Cambridge application turn out btw? I'm hoping Warwick decide soon too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5731
Has anyone received an acceptance or rejection for social policy and economics? And does lse send an email first or inform through ucas track first?
Congrats on all your offers!
Guess this means rejection for me though since I also received the 17th of March email
Reply 5733
offer for economics!

Congrats!!
May I ask, what grades and extra curricular activities do you do? It's just that I'm hoping to apply for the same course at LSE and am just looking for some sort of guide/example to look up at and try to replicate!
Congrats once again, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the people who received offers today, are you all UK students or are there international students who got offers too today?
Reply 5735
A lot of offers from the economics dept today.. My seven week just ended today for Maths with Economics lets hope for a reply soon *fingers crossed*
Original post by m0hd_J
Congrats!!
May I ask, what grades and extra curricular activities do you do? It's just that I'm hoping to apply for the same course at LSE and am just looking for some sort of guide/example to look up at and try to replicate!
Congrats once again, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

My grades were...

GCSE: 5A*, 4A, 1B, 1C.
AS Level: AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History.
A2 Level: Predicted A*A*A*A.

Extra curriculars isn't specifically important id say. Just depends on how you write your personal statement, showing interest for your course, and your AS grades. But to show your interest, work experiences and economics related curriculars would only benefit you.
For those offered to study BSc Economics, what offers did you get for Further Maths? An A or E?
Who is coming to the offer holders day on the 9th of April.
For those offered to study BSc Economics, what offers did you get for Further Maths? An A or E?

I got an offer for an E in further maths. I think the only ask for an A if it's to AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending