The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C7jnr
Who is coming to the offer holders day on the 9th of April.

hey man congrats for getting in to study econ history, do you mind sharing some background info? (grades/subjects etc) thanks
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by NedStark
I got an offer for an E in further maths. I think the only ask for an A if it's to AS.

Ahhh yeah same. Was hoping it would be any subject because i find Further Maths easier than History (need to turn a B at AS into an A).
Original post by rickpatel89
hey man congrats for getting in to study econ history, do you mind sharing some background info? (grades/subjects etc) thanks

This may come as a surprise considering I got an offer but my AS grades were A in History, C in Physics, D in Maths and D in Biology.
Original post by C7jnr
This may come as a surprise considering I got an offer but my AS grades were A in History, C in Physics, D in Maths and D in Biology.

Wow... That's a shock since LSE are so focused on grades. Your personal statement must have been really impressive. Although one of my friends last year got an offer from Oxford to study Maths but his AS grades were AA (in maths and further, he was sick at maths! but a E in physics and U in Biology).
Guys can someone please post the link to the lse stalkers page.I can't find it.
Hey guys can someone give a link to the offer holders page on student room? I don't have facebook so I can't join the one on there but I would really like to get to know some of you !! :biggrin: Btw my offer is for Philosophy and Economics.
Original post by C7jnr
Who is coming to the offer holders day on the 9th of April.

MEEEE.
Original post by grosseban
All the people who received offers today, are you all UK students or are there international students who got offers too today?

I am a UK student but I am Asian (originally from Nepal.)
Just a random question.... how many of the offer holders are privately educated??
Original post by bshrestha
Hey guys can someone give a link to the offer holders page on student room? I don't have facebook so I can't join the one on there but I would really like to get to know some of you !! :biggrin: Btw my offer is for Philosophy and Economics.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2560450

This is the thread for people defo firming, I hope its what you're looking for :smile:

Just a random question.... how many of the offer holders are privately educated??

I am self taught...sixth form isn't really for me. What about you?
Now that a lot of people have their offers, who is starting to feel the pressure of making sure they get their grades.
Received Offer for BSc Economics yesterday... so happy and it did surprise me... :smile:))
got my offer for economics yesterday, with no further maths a level #yolo
choosing between UCL and LSE, looking for a more maths based course because essay writing is not much fun - any ideas?
Reply 5753
Original post by patrick69
choosing between UCL and LSE, looking for a more maths based course because essay writing is not much fun - any ideas?

LSE econ is pretty much all maths and even the econ modules are assessed 100% exams ..Same with UCL but with UCL you wont have to do the LSE100 bs
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by C7jnr
Now that a lot of people have their offers, who is starting to feel the pressure of making sure they get their grades.

Me right here. Before the offer I was like "give me the offer, I'm getting 4A*" now I'm worrying about getting a B in physics.
Reply 5755
Finally got an offer for Econ this Friday.

After being pooled by Cambridge and not fished out, it led me to an endless cycle of depression and self doubt - which I am so glad has finally been ended. Ned - you had it good, a great backup even before the pooling cycle ended.

I don't do further maths either and am wondering A) how much of a disadvantage I will be in B) will I be able to cope with the most mathematical options and C) how many other offer holders are in the non fm group.

Wow straight economics without further maths? What were your gcses/as/a2 predictions and subjects like? :smile:
Original post by Mantown
Finally got an offer for Econ this Friday.

After being pooled by Cambridge and not fished out, it led me to an endless cycle of depression and self doubt - which I am so glad has finally been ended. Ned - you had it good, a great backup even before the pooling cycle ended.

I don't do further maths either and am wondering A) how much of a disadvantage I will be in B) will I be able to cope with the most mathematical options and C) how many other offer holders are in the non fm group.

Wow straight economics without further maths? What were your gcses/as/a2 predictions and subjects like? :smile:

8A*s 3As at GCSE, 4As at AS with 95% average in Chem, Maths and Econ, predicted 3A*s and an A at A2. Plus I have a lot of swag
8A*s 3As at GCSE, 4As at AS with 95% average in Chem, Maths and Econ, predicted 3A*s and an A at A2. Plus I have a lot of swag

what's your 4th subject? and LOOOOOOL swag as wellll. Nice to know my fellow university mates are straight from the hood :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending