The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloxorus
Haha, my first is on 19th May and the last is 23rd June.

It was last year I posted that so I'm thinking about stepping up to around 8-9 hours this year since I have a place at UCL waiting for me...

That is actually impossible, stick to the 6 hours and good luck!
Reply 781
I have 10 exams coming up and I barely do 2 hours a day (procrastinate for half and hour) and there are people doing 6.
I really need to start more.
Original post by ETRC
I have 10 exams coming up and I barely do 2 hours a day (procrastinate for half and hour) and there are people doing 6.
I really need to start more.

Got ten as well Repeating 4 and 6 new exams :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
Haha, my first is on 19th May and the last is 23rd June.

It was last year I posted that so I'm thinking about stepping up to around 8-9 hours this year since I have a place at UCL waiting for me...

Is that per day? How do you manage to fit all that in, currently I'm doing about 20 hours a week but ill step it up to 30 after Easter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Do you guys find doing it by hour is better than doing it by task? I just try getting a number of topics done per day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
Do you guys find doing it by hour is better than doing it by task? I just try getting a number of topics done per day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like doing it by hour because I may finish in the middle of a topic and that annoys me. I rather finish and learn the topic first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Right now I probably won't start serious revising until after I have finished my English coursework and done my Art exam so at the moment I'm doing no hours revision :s-smilie:
Original post by Scott199
Is that per day? How do you manage to fit all that in, currently I'm doing about 20 hours a week but ill step it up to 30 after Easter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah per day but I'm not doing that at the moment with school. That's how much I plan to do over Easter/study leave.
Reply 788
6-7 hours...sometimes even more
i've got 14 a-level exams coming up in less than two months:frown:
Where do you find the time/motivation to do so much...
Reply 790
Is that GCSE or A level?

Its not uncommon to have that many GCSE exams. But if thats at A level, I feel very, very sorry for you...

GCSE and I know but it's still way too much
Reply 791
Original post by snikutsmullac
Where do you find the time/motivation to do so much...

i actually am really struggling..i have to motivate myself on a daily basis..some days just go without me doing ANY revision.
Original post by muf_mur
i actually am really struggling..i have to motivate myself on a daily basis..some days just go without me doing ANY revision.

It's really hard to motivate oneself. I guess setting targets or setting a timetable works (if you stick to it aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 793
Original post by kendellex
It's really hard to motivate oneself. I guess setting targets or setting a timetable works (if you stick to it aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah its really hard..this speech really helped:-
[video="youtube;WTFnmsCnr6g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WTFnmsCnr6g[/video]
Reply 794
How seriously is everyone taking mocks? I have 5 pieces of coursework to write for this month (just handed 3 other pieces in), and mocks are just at the back of my mind right now!
Original post by appleduck
How seriously is everyone taking mocks? I have 5 pieces of coursework to write for this month (just handed 3 other pieces in), and mocks are just at the back of my mind right now!

My mocks were before Christmas and I did nothing. Literally nothing. It's hard to take them seriously when you have more important stuff to do. I guess as long as you know you will do okay in your actual exams you don't have to worry about them. Last year I got ABCE in my mocks and actually got AAAB in my real exams aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 hours on saturdays and 4 on sundays and 2 on weekdays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muf_mur

I want to be able to do more revision but at our college we are bombarded wit so MUCH homework (typically 2 hours worth per subject a week, and im doing four) by the time all that is done I don't have the motivation, or the time. I desperately want to revise and it's seriously getting close to the exams now, but I cannot start properly because the teachers are so relentless with setting homework.
Is everyone counting the 6th form/college day as revision? Of not I can't believe people are doing any more then 2 hours a day! Crazy stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending