The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Boarding applications for queen mary open already. Where's a good place to stay?
Original post by Blayenne
Wednesday 26th? I was there! A blonde girl from Poland, had my interview at 1:55.

We probably spoke at some point then :tongue:
Original post by Huatah
Boarding applications for queen mary open already. Where's a good place to stay?

I assume you mean halls of residence?

You should have three campus choices:

1. Mile End
On the Queen Mary campus, ensuite, sharing halls with students that are not medics/dentists. A couple of food places on site, as well as the Mile End library which is fairly big, although not necessarily have the books you require unlike the library in Whitechapel (you also may have a hard time finding a computer that is spare in there). The gym is quite close by if you want to join a relatively well equipped gym that is quite reasonable priced for students.
Also about 25 minute walk from Whitechapel. Unless you want to take the 25 bus up the road.
Keep in mind that the non medics might finish that little bit earlier than you so may be a bit louder than you'd like when you're revising. Although that does depend on who is around you and such! (I didn't have issues there, but I know others who didn't appreciate the noise some evenings)

2. Floyer House - Whitechapel
This is like two minutes away from the lecture theatre if you just want to roll out of bed in the mornings :tongue: Fairly large rooms, shared bathrooms. Whitechapel library is really close (closer than the lecture theatre) so easy access around exam times when it's open 24/7. Only medics and dentists around I believe.

3. Dawson Hall - Barbican
A bit further out in Barbican, but a lovely area! Charterhouse lawn is right outside and it's pretty awesome to be in the sun on the lawn in the summer. Only medics and dentists. Shared bathrooms. Usually quite a strong knit group is made in those who live there together :tongue: There's a library down the road in Barts hospital as well, which is usually dead silent if that's what you prefer.
Reply 2543
Original post by FFCrusader
I assume you mean halls of residence?

You should have three campus choices:

1. Mile End
On the Queen Mary campus, ensuite, sharing halls with students that are not medics/dentists. A couple of food places on site, as well as the Mile End library which is fairly big, although not necessarily have the books you require unlike the library in Whitechapel (you also may have a hard time finding a computer that is spare in there). The gym is quite close by if you want to join a relatively well equipped gym that is quite reasonable priced for students.
Also about 25 minute walk from Whitechapel. Unless you want to take the 25 bus up the road.
Keep in mind that the non medics might finish that little bit earlier than you so may be a bit louder than you'd like when you're revising. Although that does depend on who is around you and such! (I didn't have issues there, but I know others who didn't appreciate the noise some evenings)

2. Floyer House - Whitechapel
This is like two minutes away from the lecture theatre if you just want to roll out of bed in the mornings :tongue: Fairly large rooms, shared bathrooms. Whitechapel library is really close (closer than the lecture theatre) so easy access around exam times when it's open 24/7. Only medics and dentists around I believe.

3. Dawson Hall - Barbican
A bit further out in Barbican, but a lovely area! Charterhouse lawn is right outside and it's pretty awesome to be in the sun on the lawn in the summer. Only medics and dentists. Shared bathrooms. Usually quite a strong knit group is made in those who live there together :tongue: There's a library down the road in Barts hospital as well, which is usually dead silent if that's what you prefer.

Ty. The webpage links they provided were a tad confusing as to the layout of the rooms. Tks tks
I kind of want to know who I saw on Wednesday as I was there all day :ninja:

Hey, were you the guy that arrived in the morning - with a red tie, I think?
Original post by Anxious Owl
Hey, were you the guy that arrived in the morning - with a red tie, I think?

Definitely didn't have a red tie!
Definitely didn't have a red tie!

Ha, never mind! Okay, did you arrive in the morning, much earlier than you thought you would? (This is like 20 questions now)
Reply 2547
Any idea when barts will be getting back to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha, never mind! Okay, did you arrive in the morning, much earlier than you thought you would? (This is like 20 questions now)

Would it help if I told you I was one of the students in blue? :wink:
Original post by iacovos
Any idea when barts will be getting back to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs mid to late March!
Would it help if I told you I was one of the students in blue? :wink:

*Facepalm* That actually would. If I didn't speak to you I probably saw you around.
About a week until the results are released *dun dun dun*
*Facepalm* That actually would. If I didn't speak to you I probably saw you around.

Were you in the morning then? Depending on the time I was taking people up the stairs so wouldn't have had much chance to talk to people.

Chatted to a fair few people in the afternoon though
Were you in the morning then? Depending on the time I was taking people up the stairs so wouldn't have had much chance to talk to people.

Chatted to a fair few people in the afternoon though

I had a 1:55pm interview. I arrived about 30 mins before. I only spoke to one student. I asked them how they found PBL...
does anyone know what the early patient contact means? for example do we first years visit hospital departments mainly or gp surgeries and how often? i couldn't really find it on the website
Reply 2555
When will they let us know, does anyone know? New to this thread sorry:colondollar: my interview was on the 17th. Has anyone had any offers or rejections post interview yet?
Reply 2556
Original post by medics95
When will they let us know, does anyone know? New to this thread sorry:colondollar: my interview was on the 17th. Has anyone had any offers or rejections post interview yet?

Can never be sure and it seems we've been told different things at interview but they should get back to us this coming week or next (HOPEFULLY!!). Internationals and grad applicants usually hear back first I think! :crossedf:
Offers and rejections from the 15th March onwards. I called them on Monday, hope that clears things up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2558
Original post by Don Jesu
Offers and rejections from the 15th March onwards. I called them on Monday, hope that clears things up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that for post grads applying for a100 aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Jesu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah how frightening... Is this for A100? (I'm applying for A101 so if so I guess I should be expecting an update next week, eek!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending