The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kpkumar1
pre interview rejection from Leicester, very disappointed. I was told my preinterview score of 57 did not meet the threshold this year, oh well :frown:

Are you a graduate or undergraduate

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone been rejected post-interview for the undergrad course?
Reply 2922
Original post by langers21
has anyone been rejected post-interview for the undergrad course?

Only overseas applicants as far as I remember...
Original post by Adam657
If it's any help, when I got asked for my reference on Wednesday they said "please send it no later than MONDAY 10TH MARCH" in big bold letters.

Perhaps that means they are making some other decisions on Monday or Tuesday? Dunno if that helps anyone.

Maybe that is their plan . I really hope so!

Original post by Amyk89
That is poo :frown: I hope you all have something nice planned that will mean no thinking of it for a couple of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, I'm working this weekend but have Monday and Tuesday off!

Original post by LiSpi
Looks like they are leaving us to suffer another weekend..

Yep. Let's keep our fingers that's it's for a good reason :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2924
Just got my final rejection (from Leicester). Sucks to be a reapplicant with 8 rejections. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2925
Original post by jellybeansonice
Are you a graduate or undergraduate

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an undergraduate first time applying, got rejected by UCL on the same day :frown:
Reply 2926
Original post by picnmix
Just got my final rejection (from Leicester). Sucks to be a reapplicant with 8 rejections. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry to hear that. Will you try again for 2015?
Reply 2927
Original post by Dr Gin
I'm so sorry to hear that. Will you try again for 2015?

Sigh. I genuinely do not know what I'm doing anymore. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2928
Original post by picnmix

Posted from TSR Mobile

Owh I really wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do, whether it's medicine or something else entirely - your determination should be rewarded in the best possible way and I really hope that it is, you deserve it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2929
Original post by Keeks52
Owh I really wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do, whether it's medicine or something else entirely - your determination should be rewarded in the best possible way and I really hope that it is, you deserve it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I just can't imagine doing anything else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2930
Original post by walkers38
I want to share my story - HYMS said they'll reply by Feb. So I heard back on the LAST day and it was a rejection. Lol. That's the unluckiest. Having to wait the longest just for a REJECTION! Hopefully same story won't repeat with Leicester.

Snap. That's my story too.
Original post by picnmix

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown: I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I'm not entirely sure what to do either!
Original post by picnmix

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so sorry that you've had 8 rejections ~ I am know it is soul destroying. Have you thought about studying medicine abroad ~ just a thought. I am unable to consider this because of finances otherwise I would. Would you consider studying a bio-medical degree say at Manchester Uni and trying to get a transfer onto medicine? Might I enquire what are your stats? Best of luck ~ please don't be despondent. There's always more than one way to 'skin a cat'. Keep trying!
pre interview rejection from Leicester, very disappointed. I was told my preinterview score of 57 did not meet the threshold this year, oh well :frown:

I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: I think it would be worth getting feedback on your application though, I have a friend that got 56 and landed an interview, good luck for your other choices :smile:
Reply 2934
Original post by picnmix
Sigh. I genuinely do not know what I'm doing anymore. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Avec_Amour
Sorry to hear that :frown: I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I'm not entirely sure what to do either!

Guys PLEASE don't give up - not if it's what you want to do. I have a friend who applied every year for 5 years but eventually he made it and is now well into his first year at Keele.

I personally find this whole process utterly demoralising but if my application at Leicester doesn't go well I'll apply next year. In fact I've already started to plan my application. But the real truth is, if you're 100% sure about medicine, what else is there? Seriously - if you know of any other profession that would provide you with satisfaction then tell me because I've looked and I can't find anything. Maybe you guys are different and would be happy doing something else but I seriously don't think I have the strength to move on like that, not after setting my heart on becoming a doctor.

I say keep going - if you think you can stand this process at least once more then go for it! Keep the faith :smile:.
Original post by Alumno
Guys PLEASE don't give up - not if it's what you want to do. I have a friend who applied every year for 5 years but eventually he made it and is now well into his first year at Keele.

I personally find this whole process utterly demoralising but if my application at Leicester doesn't go well I'll apply next year. In fact I've already started to plan my application. But the real truth is, if you're 100% sure about medicine, what else is there? Seriously - if you know of any other profession that would provide you with satisfaction then tell me because I've looked and I can't find anything. Maybe you guys are different and would be happy doing something else but I seriously don't think I have the strength to move on like that, not after setting my heart on becoming a doctor.

I say keep going - if you think you can stand this process at least once more then go for it! Keep the faith :smile:.

Thank you for your motivational words :smile:

Words can't describe just how much I want to study medicine, and if it wasn't due to the finances then I would've applied to study medicine abroad. The determination I have to study medicine is huge, and believe me I wouldn't be happy doing something else. I've been exposed to a wide variety of different healthcare professions but nothing comes close to the role of a doctor. God, I want medicine SO bad :frown:

Not 100% sure if I'll be taking a second gap year, but I'd love to give medicine another shot!

Hi, I am very sorry to hear this. I have a score of 57 as well and have not heard anything since I applied. Obviously I can't expect good news anymore.:redface:
However I am very surprised of the reason they have given you, especially since I recall some 57s and a 56 getting interview invites. It seems very unfair. :mad:.

Anyway I wish you the very best of luck with the rest of your application and hope you get into Medicine.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2937
Original post by picnmix

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that. Are you an international student or home student? Better luck next year!
Come on Leicester, we want to hear back now!
Original post by Adam657
If it's any help, when I got asked for my reference on Wednesday they said "please send it no later than MONDAY 10TH MARCH" in big bold letters.

Perhaps that means they are making some other decisions on Monday or Tuesday? Dunno if that helps anyone.

Oooooh. Something's up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending