The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

In preparation for Switzerland, I bought myself a new Drift Ghost on the principle that it was vital for many, many things :curious:

Gonna revive my YouTube channel for everyone; especially for when I get the Honda over there. On that note, does anyone want to ride over with me in May? It'd be 2 or 3 days (maybe more) worth of riding subject to the time I can get off. As much as a trip like that by myself would be cool, it'd be much more awesome with someone else.
Original post by LandyJon
In preparation for Switzerland, I bought myself a new Drift Ghost on the principle that it was vital for many, many things :curious:

Gonna revive my YouTube channel for everyone; especially for when I get the Honda over there. On that note, does anyone want to ride over with me in May? It'd be 2 or 3 days (maybe more) worth of riding subject to the time I can get off. As much as a trip like that by myself would be cool, it'd be much more awesome with someone else.

How long are you staying out there for?

I would love to. Sadly i think f4ll3n might object to me nicking his bike to go on a riding holiday and leaving him at home!
Reply 1383
Original post by Bathwiggle
I would love to. Sadly i think f4ll3n might object to me nicking his bike to go on a riding holiday and leaving him at home!

:confused: Why does he get an opinion?
Original post by Juno
:confused: Why does he get an opinion?

he'll need it to get to work/uni

In other news. Click this link. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321344633622

I think it's meant to be a bruteforce and they have the description wrong bar the one place that it says brute force with 4 bolts. That said i've ordered two and will see what they send me!
Reply 1385
he'll need it to get to work/uni

In other news. Click this link. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321344633622

I think it's meant to be a bruteforce and they have the description wrong bar the one place that it says brute force with 4 bolts. That said i've ordered two and will see what they send me!

:nutcase: one for Honda and one for Ugsy
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
How long are you staying out there for?

Out there for at least 6 months as of next Thursday. May have my contract extended though if I do a good enough job.

[video="youtube;MBSxAAJ_2SI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBSxAAJ_2SI[/video]

It lasts for 5 minutes but I'm sure you'll get the picture.

Coooomee ooonnn Wiggles; we've run away together before :h:
Some bike swapping going on between friends (of a friend).
Fazer, 1999, 20,000 miles, T&t next month, but he is prepared to add a year at cost. London area.

In Doncaster is mate with Harley something. He may sell that and buy the fazer. But he is selling his wife`s Suzi GN125, 2006, nearly 9000 miles, 12 months mot, 3 week tax. On autotrader at £999.

Asking price of fazer was £1150 if he delivered it to Donny. Suppose considerably less if you collect. Wish I could afford it, but the GS is poorly.
Reply 1388
Just lost the front end on some diesel. That was some brown leather moment until it came back. Jaysussssss
Out there for at least 6 months as of next Thursday. May have my contract extended though if I do a good enough job.

It lasts for 5 minutes but I'm sure you'll get the picture.

Coooomee ooonnn Wiggles; we've run away together before :h:

I tried...i played all of it to him. i go a very stern no :sad: i shall have to buy a new bike!
Original post by gbduo
Just lost the front end on some diesel. That was some brown leather moment until it came back. Jaysussssss

glad you held it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1391
glad you help it!

More like hold on for dear life and the bike sorted itself out!

I was leant over at 60mph going round a bend and all! Then had a **** load of wobble through the front, kept the throttle on and just powered through. Jesus christ.
Original post by gbduo
More like hold on for dear life and the bike sorted itself out!

I was leant over at 60mph going round a bend and all! Then had a **** load of wobble through the front, kept the throttle on and just powered through. Jesus christ.

It's nasty when you get that, i've had a few times where i've had the option of crashing or keep accelerating and hoping that it'll right itself. It's a beautiful day and i'm inside tidying as i go on holiday tomorro so need to sort the house out

Ah cool, good luck. I've been looking into doing a PhD in Vienna, and I was wondering, out of curiosity, what happens to the bike in terms of registration/insurance when you move abroad? Do you have to "export/import" it?
It's nasty when you get that, i've had a few times where i've had the option of crashing or keep accelerating and hoping that it'll right itself. It's a beautiful day and i'm inside tidying as i go on holiday tomorro so need to sort the house out

I went on a history trip to Sutton Hoo and rode back through the Suffolk/Norfolk countryside all afternoon/evening, it was beautiful.
Did anyone else do that Suzuki offer thing for a free snood? Not got an email or anything off them since...
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Ah cool, good luck. I've been looking into doing a PhD in Vienna, and I was wondering, out of curiosity, what happens to the bike in terms of registration/insurance when you move abroad? Do you have to "export/import" it?

http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/04392/04393/04397/index.html?lang=en

I contacted the Swiss embassy about my personal situation but the link they sent me explains about foreign students (you) as well.

Click on the first link (fact sheet 15.50, sections 1 to 3) and look for section 4.2.
Reply 1397
Original post by Maccees
Did anyone else do that Suzuki offer thing for a free snood? Not got an email or anything off them since...

Boris gets a bit excited about the thought of free stuff, and didn't check the t and c's.

You probably won't get one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maccees

Signed up. Have not heard anything since. Lol, nvm,.
http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/04392/04393/04397/index.html?lang=en

I contacted the Swiss embassy about my personal situation but the link they sent me explains about foreign students (you) as well.

Click on the first link (fact sheet 15.50, sections 1 to 3) and look for section 4.2.

Cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending