The Student Room Group

Changing Room Help!

Hi, I am so embarrassed in the changing room! I started a new Taw Kwon Do club the other night and i felt recked getting naked in the changing room there is like 8 of us 2 16 year old then the rest are like 20! How do I get over it? Like in the showers the man was like why are you not naked?
Either get used to being naked, or get used to being recked.
Reply 2
Original post by clh_hilary
Either get used to being naked, or get used to being recked.

I can't take my undies off!
Reply 3
Why not? It's just a human body.

Not like anyone's going to bum you to death.
Reply 4
Original post by ryan9900
Why not? It's just a human body.

Not like anyone's going to bum you to death.

I am really body shy and hate having my gentials out!
Reply 5
Original post by MilKEDoe

You'll overcome that in the next couple of years I'd imagine.

Chances are of anybody looking at you are low, especially when people are probably quite self-conscious about how their own bodies so nobody is going to stare. They'll all carry on as normal, and trust me, your own body isn't something to be ashamed of. At the end of the day, everyone has one!
Reply 7
Just stand tall & proud.
Why not just smell? :tongue:
I can't take my undies off!

Then bear with their curiosity or anything you see in their eyes or hear from their mouths.
Reply 10
Original post by clh_hilary
Then bear with their curiosity or anything you see in their eyes or hear from their mouths.

What do you mean?
Reply 11
Any suggestions?
Just don't shower, seem the obvious one.
What do you mean?

Just don't care about what they say or think. Or do.
Any suggestions?

It's ludicrous to keep your underwear on. Generally if you want to avoid comments from people (in most situations, not just this one) you have to act like everyone else. Since life is certainly easier without hang-ups, just force yourself to go naked and you'll probably find you've been worrying over nothing. Once you've done it once, I doubt it will be an issue for you again.
Original post by Lotus_Eater
It's ludicrous to keep your underwear on. Generally if you want to avoid comments from people (in most situations, not just this one) you have to act like everyone else. Since life is certainly easier without hang-ups, just force yourself to go naked and you'll probably find you've been worrying over nothing. Once you've done it once, I doubt it will be an issue for you again.

Other words. Just conform and never ever, and I mean never, stick out from the crowd.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Other words. Just conform and never ever, and I mean never, stick out from the crowd.

No. Well, kind of.

What I meant to say is that, in this instance, the majority are showing him the way and if his goal is to avoid embarrassment then, counter-intuitively, the OP needs to strip off. Since he'll also get more clean that way and lose what I feel is excessive inhibition then it's nothing but upside.

Obviously there are situations where it's important to follow your own instincts. I just don't think this is one of those situations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending