The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I'm going to get either a PS4 or a Steam box.

Between the PS4 and Xbox One I'd definately choose the PS4. The PS4 is more powerful (multiplatform games are running at higher frame rates on PS4). Sony aren't foisting their equivalent of the Kinect (and all the potential privacy issues that come with it) on its consumers as Microsoft is. And the PS4 is significantly cheaper. So it's pretty much a no brainer in my opinion.
Reply 201
[video="youtube;60FqLOMOPgU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60FqLOMOPgU[/video]
Reply 202
There is no good games out for either console that is swinging it for me at the moment. The ones that I'm most looking forward to is The Division, Metal Gear, Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs. Other than that I haven't seen anything that amuses me.
Original post by jord089
Which have you got, or are you going to get. I'm still undecided...

I got the ps4 on the release date and o got bored really quickly as there wasnt many games out for it, now however there is a much larger range of games! Id say the ps4!
I don't have either, I have a Wii U.

However I might buy a PS4 in a couple of years possibly.
Reply 205
Got both console = No good games. Last night i was playing black ops on ps3, got sick of cod ghosts poor maps!

I would honestly stick with PS3 and take advantage of all the awesome cheap games but then again some good titles are on the way for "current gen" but wont be until like end of summerish.

Overall most innovative console has to be the xbox one, the interface is awesome

PS4 offers a slightly better gaming experience although no major improvements in terms of user ability

Bill
Original post by Red Fox
I have a PS4, it's nothing special but I'm waiting for the proper next gen games

Same
PS4 :biggrin:

Personally haven't tried the xbox one but have heard from others that the controller for ps4 is a lot better than the controller for xbox one. Just google it, there are loads of articles comparing the two - my brother and I couldn't decide which one we wanted so that's what we did.
Got the PS4 and as other posters have said, its nothing special yet although I have played on the Xbox One and later that month my friend sold his to buy a PS4. Awaiting more next gen games.
Reply 209
I'm asking for a PS4 for my 21st in a couple of months. Most of the time I hear it's more or less the same, if not better than Xbox One.
Tbh, neither atm. Not many next gen games out for either consoles. Even though I do have the Xbox One.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My PS4 arrived on the 29th November.

There is a lack of games out for both systems. Sony own the better studios and will develop superior exclusives again. inFamous: Second Son being the first impressive one to release in a couple weeks.
I'd go with the ps4. It's cheaper, more powerful, and isn't bundled with a motion sensor.

But I doubt I'll get a next gen console, I'm part of the pc master race :wink:
Reply 213
All valid points, thank you.
Xbox One will have Titanfall, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive etc, mainly new IPs, PS4 will have the next Uncharted/TLOU, and Infamous, two tried and tested franchises. Pick whichever appeals to you more.
Atm neither - until they both get a good amount of exclusives, I'm just happy being with my PC.

Once they have good libraries, I'll get both :tongue:
Reply 216
I am just weighing up my options at the moment as I have had PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360 so its a tough decision for me they both have good and bad points.
I would have to say get the PS4 as it is cheaper and better, xbox is coming down in price but still over priced I would say
Get a Wii U now since it already has lots of good games and there are more coming out this year.

Or wait a bit and get a PS4 when it has more decent games.
Neither, no need.

Quick Reply

Latest