The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammy4041
The thing is, if it to the detriment to improving the team as a whole, then it is better to cut loose and rebuild. I know it sounds very harsh, and Jimmy Graham is one of the best recieving tight ends in the league, but nobody, NOBODY, gets bigger than BB. If with the money saved, he could buy someone like Decker through Free Agency, as well as drafting a stud tight end, who can actually run routes, then why not cut Jimmy Graham? And the team will . So although the players are individually as good as Jimmy Graham, the team is better for it.

And as for Edelman, he is a keeper. He moved house, just so he could be closer to Tom Brady. Yes, Edelman moved to play catch with Tom Brady. But I'd move him into the slot, and pay him accordingly; cut Amendola, (even after signing him to a mega contract last year) and get someone, and it pains me to say this, like Eric Decker on the outside. Again, it's a situation of being ruthless to benefit the team.

Edeleman is also a huge threat in the return game for the Patriots.

Imagine Jimmy Graham on the Patriots team with Gronkowski, that would be unreal :coma:

I want to say cut Amendola but It might be being a bit harsh. He was never fully healthy which well is the problem with him but we saw how good he was when he played in the first game against the Bills.
Again, cutting Amendola sounds incredibly harsh, but then the patriots cut Kyle Love. Now, there could have been other reasons, maybe his performances tailed off a bit, but he could have still done something for the team. However, pages like nfl.com effectively suggested that it was due to his diabetes diagnosis.Again its incredibly harsh, but then the patriots cut Kyle Love. Now, there could have been other reasons, maybe his performances tailed off a bit, but he could have still done something for the team, but pages like nfl.com effectively suggested that it was due to his diabetes diagnosis. Again, not a patriots fan, so I'm not privy to the whole situation, tbh. Amendola is good, but far to injury prone. Edelman could step in and do a job right now, and doesn't really have the same durability issues. Then again as slot receiver is almost always going up against the nickel corner or if the defense is unprepared, against a line backer, with the sort of routes he'll be running.
This a a bit late but Payton Manning got slaughtered.

Fun fact: NFL makes 9 billion per season
Wonder if any team is dumb enough to trade two firsts for Jimmy G?
Original post by Malevolent
Wonder if any team is dumb enough to trade two firsts for Jimmy G?

Might work for a team that drafts near the bottom of the first round anyway, and is savvy enough in the later rounds. Pats would spring to mind, but Graham has issues. Saints should have kept Sproles and got rid of Graham. Oh well. I do like how Jimmy is complaining over being franchised, thus in his opinion 'losing money' but then also complains when the saints don't have enough money to pay Sproles, and is angry and surprised when they cut him. They are cutting key pieces on that offense to keep him. Even Brees has restructured his contract.

Now, although football is a business, and decisions to keep players

I am absolutely gutted that the Broncos have cut #24 Champ Bailey, my hero (sharing a birthday and a football position). Worse, considering the Bronco's abysmal safety position they could have considered moving him to safety (Bailey's already said that he's open to moving to free safety for another team, having come to terms with it being the right thing to do to continue his illustrious NFL career). Worse still, they didn't even offer him a pay cut. Bailey loves Denver!! Argh!!! There were other corners I would have cut first. Tony Carter, Omar Bolden...

Whatever. I wish Bailey the best, because he is a true legend. 1st Ballot lock for the HOF and one of the best ever to play the position.

It is imperative that the Broncos address corner and safety in free agency. Lock up DRC (even that's not a guarantee). Hopefully Kavon Webster shows good development in the offseason. I would like to see the Broncos make a go at Sam Shields if he becomes available, but I'm sure a corner with his skill set will be locked up by Green Bay shortly. Shout out to Chris Harris Jr. who is so versatile, but he's excellent as the slot corner. Quinton Carter should be back and fill a massive void at the safety position, but the broncos do lack safety depth, especially at SS. Furthermore, a more effective pass rush will help alleviate some of the problems with the secondary, so it's important to address that two.
Johnny Manziel from Texas A&M to be the first QB draft . Or is he just overated .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aerosports
Johnny Manziel from Texas A&M to be the first QB draft . Or is he just overated .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, Bridgewater to go first out of the QBs.

Clowney to Texans.
Robinson to Rams (and then hopefully pick up Mike Evans at 13).
Bridgewater to Jags.
Manziel to Browns.
Watkins to Raiders.
Original post by The Patriot
Hi :smile:

I looked through the TSR groups and couldn't find one on American Football and so wondered if anybody was interested in joining one if I created one.
Perhaps 'The TSR NFL Society', or something along those lines...

Furthermore not many people (comparatively to football/rugby etc) know much about the NFL in the UK, and lots of people call it a 'poofs sport' because of the pads. So if anybody wants to know more or chat/talk smack about the NFL then feel free.

Any shout outs to your favourite team are welcome.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS <3

EDIT: The Social Group is here. Join if you are interested. Other American Football related threads will be added soon.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1167

Why is NFL so boring to watch lol? takes like 3 hours for a whole match to be played -_- constantly stopping and starting.
Reply 8528
Original post by Scott129
Nah, Bridgewater to go first out of the QBs.

Clowney to Texans.
Robinson to Rams (and then hopefully pick up Mike Evans at 13).
Bridgewater to Jags.
Manziel to Browns.
Watkins to Raiders.

I'd take Barr over Watkins at 5. Would be surprised if the Raiders don't trade down though.
Hopefully the Texans come up and take Mallet from us :lol:
Original post by alow
I'd take Barr over Watkins at 5. Would be surprised if the Raiders don't trade down though.

That would be my pick for the Raiders if the Rams took Watkins, which could be a possibility and something I'd definitely be a fan of. If Bradford can't succeed with a supporting cast of Watkins, Austin, Stedman Bailey and Jared Cook, he's not our franchise QB.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if both of those teams traded down.
Pretty certain Aqib Talib is gone.
Reply 8532
That would be my pick for the Raiders if the Rams took Watkins, which could be a possibility and something I'd definitely be a fan of. If Bradford can't succeed with a supporting cast of Watkins, Austin, Stedman Bailey and Jared Cook, he's not our franchise QB.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if both of those teams traded down.

There's just so many good WRs in the draft. No reason the Rams won't trade down and just get Mike Evans (although if they trade too far he might be gone) and an extra high second round pick. I think Bradford has the talent, it's just whether he can stay on the field.
Original post by alow
There's just so many good WRs in the draft. No reason the Rams won't trade down and just get Mike Evans (although if they trade too far he might be gone) and an extra high second round pick. I think Bradford has the talent, it's just whether he can stay on the field.

Yeah, you're right in that this class is the deepest at WR we've seen in years. Most of the mock drafts I've seen have 6-8 going in the 1st round!

Evans would be perfect for us though. We need a true no.1 reciever after Bryan Quick's turned out to be a bit of a bust.

Add that to the fact that Jeff Fisher has never drafted an O-Lineman in the 1st round and it does point to trading down. It's not as necessary this time around though, as we don't have as many holes to fill now haha.

I'm guessing you're a Cowboys fan? Where do you see yourselves going in the 1st round?
Apparently, we're interested in Byrd and Verner. I've got a feeling this is going to be an expensive off-season...
Reply 8535
Yeah, you're right in that this class is the deepest at WR we've seen in years. Most of the mock drafts I've seen have 6-8 going in the 1st round!

Evans would be perfect for us though. We need a true no.1 reciever after Bryan Quick's turned out to be a bit of a bust.

Add that to the fact that Jeff Fisher has never drafted an O-Lineman in the 1st round and it does point to trading down. It's not as necessary this time around though, as we don't have as many holes to fill now haha.

I'm guessing you're a Cowboys fan? Where do you see yourselves going in the 1st round?

It's ridiculous how many great WRs there are this year. Should make the season interesting, seeing how all of the first rounders compare to eachother.

Yeah you need a big guy, and Evans is quite a bit bigger than Watkins. He's not even that much slower either.

You could probably do with a first round OL...

Yeah, a lot of the mock drafts have said Aaron Donald but I think (provided we don't get one in free agency) drafting a Safety in the first round would be better. The pass defence was absolutely horrific last year. Clinton-Dix would be good as he's been cooched very well already so would be able to come in straight away.
Original post by alow

Yeah, a lot of the mock drafts have said Aaron Donald but I think (provided we don't get one in free agency) drafting a Safety in the first round would be better. The pass defence was absolutely horrific last year. Clinton-Dix would be good as he's been cooched very well already so would be able to come in straight away.

+1 for Clinton-Dix. I definitely think he's the best safety available in the draft.

Right, so Sam Shields has been resigned by Green Bay. Verner's probably going to be resigned as well, but the corner free agency is still deep. The countdown to free agency begins!!

Also, a shout out to some of the uniball going on today.

Was watching a live feed of the Demons @ Renegades. Pass Interference called with less than 9 seconds on the clock. 3 seconds to go in the 4th, and a deep-ish ball was completed to the wr for a tying touch down, and as time expired the extra point was good. I only saw the second half, but wow. But some other interesting results around the league as well.
Reply 8537
Original post by jammy4041
+1 for Clinton-Dix. I definitely think he's the best safety available in the draft.

Right, so Sam Shields has been resigned by Green Bay. Verner's probably going to be resigned as well, but the corner free agency is still deep. The countdown to free agency begins!!

Also, a shout out to some of the uniball going on today.

Was watching a live feed of the Demons @ Renegades. Pass Interference called with less than 9 seconds on the clock. 3 seconds to go in the 4th, and a deep-ish ball was completed to the wr for a tying touch down, and as time expired the extra point was good. I only saw the second half, but wow. But some other interesting results around the league as well.

Definitely. Plus like I said, being coached by Saban and Smart will make him ready for the NFL.

Has Browner signed with anyone? He became an FA right? I thought his ban was reduced to a few games next season.
Browner has character issues to go with his drug taking issues. And the fact he's just one offense from a whole year ban will undoubtedly put teams off. Thurmond III is a nickel corner who's in free agency and would be a better pickup.
I want Verner please.

Latest