The Student Room Group

King Edward VI College Stourbridge

So, i had my interview today and everything went well, i think.
Anyway we began talking about my options and these are the options i chose;

History (modern)
Maths with Statistics
Economics
Business Studies
Psychology - Reserve
Biology - Reserve

So during the interview i dropped Business because it was too much like Economics.
Also i had to drop Maths with Stats because i've only got a B in Maths GCSE. (Already Completed)
However, im re-doing Maths GCSE in order to get a A. The person who interviewed me said to ring on results day saying i want to change Statistics to Maths and Statistics, but i dont think i will be able to do it because alot of people will have already chose it.

Should i:

A) Chose Statistics then if i get the A in GCSE Maths ring the admissions and say i want to do Maths with Statistics?

B) Email/RIng the admissions team and say i'd rather do Maths with Stats and to change it on my application?

Would it be better to stick with Stats for the time being as it might be easier to get a space in the college? Then change to Maths and Stats if i get a spot?

(Sorry if this sounds confusing)
Hi I have had to do the same with my application this year . Which school do you got to? I am accepting statistics because they showed me Graphs and statistics about people who even got an A at GCSE maths still are not achieving high grades at A level in comparison to the higher grades at A level statistics that are achieved.
Reply 2
Original post by Steven220898
Hi I have had to do the same with my application this year . Which school do you got to? I am accepting statistics because they showed me Graphs and statistics about people who even got an A at GCSE maths still are not achieving high grades at A level in comparison to the higher grades at A level statistics that are achieved.

Oldbury Academy, yourself? Yeah they showed me too, but i think im more than capable of getting a A or A* So if i do get it i will try and switch statistics for Maths and Statistics.
I'm at windsor at the moment, I am hoping for an A at least in maths. Have you had your acceptance letter?
Reply 4
Original post by Steven220898
I'm at windsor at the moment, I am hoping for an A at least in maths. Have you had your acceptance letter?

Not yet.... hopefully i do! I've had the interview though
For this summer (2017), could anyone who attended the KEDST taster day and picked english lit&language tell me if they got a reading list or were told which books they will be studying if so what where they please?As I couldn't attend

Quick Reply

Latest