The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cloud9medic
I am getting so excited looking at accomadation, its finally starting to sink in that I have a place to study my dream next year, and with my Jan results it seems that getting the grades is also more of a reality :smile:

Jan results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kashc94

welsh student :smile: I got to bio and chem early as I am with a welsh exam board but my aqa pasychology will all have to be done in the summer along with the last two modules of bio and chem
Original post by cloud9medic
welsh student :smile: I got to bio and chem early as I am with a welsh exam board but my aqa pasychology will all have to be done in the summer along with the last two modules of bio and chem

Oh right I just thought I had missed something and we could still sit some modules in man lmao!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically i just read this and thought WHAT THE **** !! Then kinda just thought it was someone's really biased view about a medical school. What dyu guys think? :smile: http://truthaboutpeninsula.wordpress.com/
Reply 664
Original post by kashc94
Basically i just read this and thought WHAT THE **** !! Then kinda just thought it was someone's really biased view about a medical school. What dyu guys think? :smile: http://truthaboutpeninsula.wordpress.com/

Errr this doesn't sound good...
Reply 665
Original post by kashc94

I wouldn't worry too much lol quite a few students at the uni have picked up on this site and have totally disregarded it and say the little truth to what he has to say .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kashc94

I've sent an anonymous email to plymouth with this link in, asking them to explain it. I'll let you all know when they reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kashc94

I think ink the site looks really dodgy to start with, and yes seems very biased and quite hard to believe, I know people I'm plymouth and have never heard anything like this, on the other hand there is no harm in seeing what Plymouth have to say in response, however just bear in mind that this is based on peninsula and I'm not sure how old the article is? Still scares me a little...
Original post by kangarooblue
I've sent an anonymous email to plymouth with this link in, asking them to explain it. I'll let you all know when they reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool hopefully it can calm a lot of us down lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So For those of you who attended the accommodation tour or just know a bit about it, what halls do you most recommend for medical students? Which are closest to that part of campus?
Was looking on website but there's so many!
Reply 670
Original post by HeyTomorrow
So For those of you who attended the accommodation tour or just know a bit about it, what halls do you most recommend for medical students? Which are closest to that part of campus?
Was looking on website but there's so many!

To be honest I'm pretty sure the only one that is particularly off campus is Astor house and the rest are all either on campus or just over the road :smile: and as for which ones are good for medics i don't think it makes a difference:smile:
Hi everyone, I got a reply about the website that was supposedly the 'truth about peninsula medical school', so no one needs to worry anymore :smile:

Thank you for your e-mail - apologies for my late reply. Just to let you know that we have previously been made aware of this link. We have contacted the website provider to notify them of this information.

I can confirm and reassure you that this information in not valid/true.

With kind regards
Julie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 672
I'm trying to decide between Plymouth and Brighton and I'm really struggling..
I'm slightly confused about the Plymouth course as in how much of it is independent learning and how much pbl plays a part. I can't imagine teaching myself mostly from the internet and books, are there still many lectures where you are taught stuff?
Hello! Sorry for hijacking this thread but I hope to apply to Plymouth for 2015 entry and was wondering if anyone knew how they decide whether they give an offer of AAA or A*AA?? Is the AAA just with contextual flags?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone with offers for 2014 entry :smile:
Reply 674
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hello! Sorry for hijacking this thread but I hope to apply to Plymouth for 2015 entry and was wondering if anyone knew how they decide whether they give an offer of AAA or A*AA?? Is the AAA just with contextual flags?

Hi, my offer is for AAA and I don't have any contextual flags
My guess would be A*AA for resit applicants?

I think most people this year were just given an AAA offer. I certainly didn't have any contextual flags, and I got an AAA offer, and I haven't spoken to anyone with A*AA Good luck and let me know if you want any tips!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MikeyP96
Hi, my offer is for AAA and I don't have any contextual flags
My guess would be A*AA for resit applicants?

Ok thank you! That would make a lot of sense. Congratulations on your offer! It scares me so much that this time next year I'll either have an offer from somewhere or nowhere. Trying to just focus on AS levels right now though!
Original post by kangarooblue
I think most people this year were just given an AAA offer. I certainly didn't have any contextual flags, and I got an AAA offer, and I haven't spoken to anyone with A*AA Good luck and let me know if you want any tips!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Congratulations on the offer - must feel great! So from what I've gathered Plymouth place more emphasis on the UKCAT than the personal statement? Any tips for a good UKCAT score? ;-)
Reply 678
Ok thank you! That would make a lot of sense. Congratulations on your offer! It scares me so much that this time next year I'll either have an offer from somewhere or nowhere. Trying to just focus on AS levels right now though!

I still cant quite believe that I have one. If you have any questions feel free to pm me :biggrin:
Original post by MikeyP96
I still cant quite believe that I have one. If you have any questions feel free to pm me :biggrin:

Thanks! It all seems like such a scary process...what's even more scary is I have no clue what I'll do if I DON'T get in! Just out of interest, what did you use as your 5th choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending