The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lisa96
Hey, thanks for the tips. I did most of that last year in AS. I used previous exam papers to predict what may come up, but often found it difficult to apply my own knowledge to the case study.

Is it ok if i have a look at your exam papers? I think my biggest challenge at AS was the 6 mark 'explain' questions. I like your method for the analysis question. In the exam I think I lost a few marks in some of the questions for not explaining properly. However, did you time to write in that much detail in the exam? also is it necessary to outline all the links?

Attached is a 6 mark question where the command words are 'identify and explain' - I hope this was what you meant by the type of questions you found difficult. Ask if you want any other questions.

My timing was 45 minutes for the first section worth 42 marks. I write quickly and I would fill up the space provided and probably another side on the back of the paper. I would then spend 35 minutes on the 18 mark question and wrote about 5 pages. I would then have about 10 minutes to check. I wouldn't advise that you use the timings I did; just find what works for you. Give more time to areas where you think you could lose marks, for me this was the 18 mark question
Original post by Coombsy
Attached is a 6 mark question where the command words are 'identify and explain' - I hope this was what you meant by the type of questions you found difficult. Ask if you want any other questions.

My timing was 45 minutes for the first section worth 42 marks. I write quickly and I would fill up the space provided and probably another side on the back of the paper. I would then spend 35 minutes on the 18 mark question and wrote about 5 pages. I would then have about 10 minutes to check. I wouldn't advise that you use the timings I did; just find what works for you. Give more time to areas where you think you could lose marks, for me this was the 18 mark question

you really do not need to do this much. i wrote 2 and a half pages and got 17/18 for the essay.
Original post by lisa96

16/18 which were the only two marks I lost in the paper.

Original post by Fas
you really do not need to do this much. i wrote 2 and a half pages and got 17/18 for the essay.

As I have said, it varies from person to person how much time they want to spend on each section and how much they want to write. Although looking at where I lost my marks I think I was justified in how I allocated my time...
Reply 1143
Original post by lisa96
Just had a quick look at a mark scheme.

TV = Too vague
Seen = Noted, but no credit given

Do you have the mark scheme?
Reply 1144
Original post by Coombsy
If anyone is interested, I now have a photocopy of my F582 script.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you write for Qu 6 and 7? I'm having to redo the paper as I'm resiting it next year.
Original post by VerBena
What did you write for Qu 6 and 7? I'm having to redo the paper as I'm resiting it next year.

I have uploaded both questions in 'My Albums'.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'm doing fiscal policy, why does a decrease in government spending reduce demand pull inflation? I get the AD shifting in bit, but I need some more analysis. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flipflop1
Any help would be appreciated.

I'm doing fiscal policy, why does a decrease in government spending reduce demand pull inflation? I get the AD shifting in bit, but I need some more analysis. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Government spending is a component of AD. Hence a decrease in government spending will lead to a decrease in AD from AD1 to AD2. This leads to the diagram below. The price level reduces from P1 to P2. Therefore, the rate of inflation is slowed and demand pull inflation is deceased.

You can also comment on the change in real GDP if you need to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Coombsy
Government spending is a component of AD. Hence a decrease in government spending will lead to a decrease in AD from AD1 to AD2. This leads to the diagram below. The price level reduces from P1 to P2. Therefore, the rate of inflation is slowed and demand pull inflation is deceased.

You can also comment on the change in real GDP if you need to.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retaking this exam.
anyone resitting F581?
Reply 1151
does anybody have the link to the F581 june 13 paper? :smile:
Original post by Fas
anyone resitting F581?

I am :smile: good luck to you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but for F581 and F582, what were the 18 mark questions about? Topic wise or if you know the whole question, even better (Responses will be greately appreciated):smile:
I am in need of someone who could help me correct my 18marks essay. I would be happy to correct any of yours too in return. Anyone willing to do this? I think we could learn from each other mistake too!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A level sufferer
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but for F581 and F582, what were the 18 mark questions about? Topic wise or if you know the whole question, even better (Responses will be greately appreciated):smile:

ive created a new thread for F581 :smile:
Is there an official thread for F582 now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by May-o2q
Is there an official thread for F582 now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

not sure im not sitting it :tongue:

Quick Reply