The Student Room Group

MUSLIMS Why are people losing their iman

Im muslim myself and pray everday but always try and make the effort when its hard ie at uni or work. At uni when I do go to pray I ask people who I hang with if they want to come and they say things like "not today" as a joke.

So many people who call themselves muslims drink alcohol, smoke weed, and have sex outside of marriage openly. Where has their sharm (shame) gone. I remember even in ramadhan people I knew who call themselfes muslim, still smoke weed and hang with their girlfriends. Usually people take a break in ramadhan but no there still at it. Its sad really, they even know how wrong it is but continue to do it.

Nowadays people who pray and act on the deen are frowned up people look at them like goodie two shoes. Those who commit haram acts are known as the best people, everyone wants to hang with them and do what they do.

People are also soo hypocritical I was talking to some girl on my course and another girl came up to me and said Oh you should be talking to her really its not right but then she goes and flirts with other guys wtf.

Its like people dont understand that the girls they fornicate with can be someone elses sister or mother but thats fine when they have sex with them. But if it is their sister all the boys come down and tell the person to stay away.

So why do you think people are losing their iman ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IMBCFC
Im muslim myself and pray everday but always try and make the effort when its hard ie at uni or work. At uni when I do go to pray I ask people who I hang with if they want to come and they say things like "not today" as a joke.

So many people who call themselves muslims drink alcohol, smoke weed, and have sex outside of marriage openly. Where has their sharm (shame) gone. I remember even in ramadhan people I knew who call themselfes muslim, still smoke weed and hang with their girlfriends. Usually people take a break in ramadhan but no there still at it. Its sad really, they even know how wrong it is but continue to do it.

Nowadays people who pray and act on the deen are frowned up people look at them like goodie two shoes. Those who commit haram acts are known as the best people, everyone wants to hang with them and do what they do.

People are also soo hypocritical I was talking to some girl on my course and another girl came up to me and said Oh you should be talking to her really its not right but then she goes and flirts with other guys wtf.

Its like people dont understand that the girls they fornicate with can be someone elses sister or mother but thats fine when they have sex with them. But if it is their sister all the boys come down and tell the person to stay away.

So why do you think people are losing their iman ?

Personally, as a muslim, i think that muslims are looking differently on Allah and islam compared to the past. Unfortunately, the media is extremely critical of islam and this makes muslims become swayed away from their religion as they are ashamed to be called a muslim. However, i also believe that some aspects of the Qu'ran have to be interpreted differently in order for them to be applicable in modern society such as the full faced Burka. And i don't think a person is a bad muslim if they drink as the faith that they have in Allah is not solely determined by what they do. Furthermore, people have to adapt to their cultures, as a first generation Iranian immigrant i should know, however, that is very difficult to do so but if you don't you will always be seen as an outsider.
(edited 10 years ago)
It's called having fun and living their life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're only human at the end of the day, not robots.
Reply 4
Because the freedom tastes too sweet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by AsianPersuasion.
And i don't think a person is a bad muslim if they drink as the faith that they have in Allah is not solely determined by what they do. r.

The faith in allah is not determined by what they do ? Surely you are judged on your actions ? Drinking alcohol is one of the biggest sins, the prophet said at the time of drinking alcohol there is no iman in him what so ever, its as if his iman is a shirt and he has taken it off. Iman is above your head at that time.
Reply 6
Original post by donutaud15
It's called having fun and living their life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but what about when you die ?
Reply 7
Original post by IMBCFC
Yeah but what about when you die ?

Your dead, nobody knows what happens and anybody attempts to speculate with any authority is a liar. No questions asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Multitalented me
They're only human at the end of the day, not robots.

Yeah but still you should live with some decency,
Original post by IMBCFC
The faith in allah is not determined by what they do ? Surely you are judged on your actions ? Drinking alcohol is one of the biggest sins, the prophet said at the time of drinking alcohol there is no iman in him what so ever, its as if his iman is a shirt and he has taken it off. Iman is above your head at that time.

'the prophet said'- have you met this prophet? do you absolutely know for certain that he said this? proof? (no some old book doesn't count)

also if you have been told by this prophet to jump off a bridge, I take it you'd follow blindly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Ggmu!
Your dead, nobody knows what happens and anybody attempts to speculate with any authority is a liar. No questions asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but still, you cant just be living life for no reason ? Surely there is something greater than you ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Yeah but still, you cant just be living life for no reason ? Surely there is something greater than you ?

Proof? and as I said in previous post some story book doesn't count as proof.

Must be a huge disappointment when people realise there's nothing 'greater' out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
'the prophet said'- have you met this prophet? do you absolutely know for certain that he said this? proof? (no some old book doesn't count)

also if you have been told by this prophet to jump off a bridge, I take it you'd follow blindly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but still its understandable if your acting like an idiot pissed out of your head, what will people think ? No I wouldnt jump off a bridge its not exactly bringing good to me is it ?

So what do you believe in ? Do you believe in god ? Do you follow a religion ?
Reply 13
Original post by IMBCFC

Greater can mean anything. The Sun or our galaxy is greater than me and I'm confident it's real.

If you mean God, I'm not convinced. The likelihood of God being real has gone down over time as science answers the questions that we used to answer with 'God'. When you think about it, the idea of God put forward by most religion isn't good enough. It makes God come across too human.

I don't know about reason and all. I live life everyday and leave it at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
Yeah but still you should live with some decency,
People have different views on what decency are. Maybe they've become more doubtful that the Quran is even from Allah & is a human made system of control instead.
Reply 15
Proof? and as I said in previous post some story book doesn't count as proof.

Must be a huge disappointment when people realise there's nothing 'greater' out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you just came in to this world from magic ? And to have fun and then die ?
Reply 16
Muslims drink and smoke weed etc because its what everyone else does and socially for humans they have a desire to fit in and feel uncomfortable when they are left out. It's one of the struggles of living in a western society and without proper care and upbringing by the parents these kids will lose their faith and turn to these sinful things. As people start to drift away from Islam so will their kids and this will have a great affect on people losing faith.

The ages of 14-18 are the most important and i've seen alot of my peers turn away from God as their parents have done nothing to keep them on the right path and probably aren't even praying for them to be rightly guided by God. As the parents dont look after the faith of the kids then these westernly influences take over and they are powerless to resist.
Original post by IMBCFC
Yeah but still its understandable if your acting like an idiot pissed out of your head, what will people think ? No I wouldnt jump off a bridge its not exactly bringing good to me is it ?

So what do you believe in ? Do you believe in god ? Do you follow a religion ?

No but what if this prophet of yours tell you to do that? Just like the whole drinking, not eating pork etc crap.

Also how is it YOUR business if someone is drunk?

Finally what's my belief got to do with your thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
So you just came in to this world from magic ? And to have fun and then die ?

No I came in to this world after my mum and dad had sex. Sperm+Egg= baby.

And yes pretty much it. Why follow some ****ty rule and be miserable in the off chance that I may get rewarded when dead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mass awakening from lifelong indoctrination?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending