The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is not in line with social propriety, a lot of psychological ramifications can ensue, sexually transmitted diseases would be more rife, would be very cynical of a women with a lot of past sexual partners (trust and so forth), and I would rather not assert my screwdriver into obsolete hardware (analogy, not objectifying, same could be stated if the roles were reversed). By the way, I do not have qualms if it was in a relationship, though the number of relationships hopefully will not be in abundance. The idea that some women dispense themselves as a commodity of some sort, greatly makes me despair at society; women should value themselves before they value another.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Wrath121
It is not in line with social propriety, a lot of psychological ramifications can ensue, sexually transmitted diseases would be more rife, would be very cynical of a women with a lot of past sexual partners (trust and so forth), and I would rather not assert my screwdriver into obsolete hardware (analogy, not objectifying, same could be stated if the roles were reversed). By the way, I do not have qualms if it was in a relationship, though the number of relationships hopefully will not be in abundance. The idea that some women dispense themselves as a commodity of some sort, greatly makes me despair at society; women should value themselves before they value another.

-What does social propriety have to do with morality?

-What psychological ramification?

-Amount of sex has no impact of vaginal size past the 5/6 times

-What does having sex have to do with self-worth? why would sex reduce someone's worth?

-Why should someone but themselves first, from a moral perspective?
Reply 3
Original post by saltyjohn1
-What does social propriety have to do with morality?

-What psychological ramification?

-Amount of sex has no impact of vaginal size past the 5/6 times

-What does having sex have to do with self-worth? why would sex reduce someone's worth?

-Why should someone but themselves first, from a moral perspective?

There have been rampant studies linking one night stands to mental related illnesses, gradually feeling withdrawn and neglected from society. I mean to an extent I can comprehend this, even though studies may infer correlations, the trends tend to be quite significant. The idea of a woman being with an excess amount of men puts me off. I would veer away from any woman, especially in the circumstances that I was deliberating a relationship. I would rather be with a woman who has self-respect, as that in itself is very attractive, and I know many men will agree. If you want to invite respect, then in the very least you must respect yourself; this applicable to both genders.
(edited 10 years ago)
It's not, but stop telling men they are bad if they don't want to a marry a slut/former slut/born again (several times) virgin
Reply 5
There have been rampant studies linking one night stands to mental related illnesses, gradually feeling withdrawn and neglected from society. I mean to an extent I can comprehend this, even though studies may infer correlations, the trends are quite significant. The idea of a woman being with an excess amount of men, gradually puts me off. I would veer away from any woman, especially the circumstances that I was considering a relationship. I would rather be a woman who has self-respect, as that in itself is very attractive, and I know many men will agree. If you want to invite respect, then in the very least you must respect yourself, this applicable to both genders.

-rampant studies? that makes no sense: if you mean abundant then cite some

-correlation is not causality, it is more likely that those with "mental related issues" are more sexually adventurous than those who abide by society's rules

-Why can't someone have lots of sex and not have self-respect? How are they related?
Reply 6
Original post by yo radical one
It's not, but stop telling men they are bad if they don't want to a marry a slut/former slut/born again (several times) virgin

-Who did I say was 'bad' for not wanting to marry a slut?
Reply 7
-rampant studies? that makes no sense: if you mean abundant then cite some

-correlation is not causality, it is more likely that those with "mental related issues" are more sexually adventurous than those who abide by society's rules

-Why can't someone have lots of sex and not have self-respect? How are they related?

Like I said the trends were significant. I already know that correlations are not causal, but in the very least they provide a glimpse into significant trends. Very Well I shall cite some:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/10463976/Casual-sex-linked-to-depression-and-suicidal-thoughts.html

"Adolescents from 80 American schools and 52 middle schools were interviewed when they were in grades seven to twelve and then again when they were aged 18 to 26.
They were asked questions about relationships, depression and thoughts of suicide. Twenty nine per cent of the subjects said they had experience of a casual sexual relationship, which was defined as "only having sex" with someone as opposed to dating.
This included 33 percent of men and 24 percent of women.
The link between casual sex and mental health was found to be the same for both men and women according to the study published in the Journal of Sex Research."

I'm just stating that I would abstain from having a relationship with some who has had loads of sexual partners, due to the reasons I have cited previously.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Like I said the trends were significant. I already know that correlations are not causal, but in the very least they provide a glimpse into significant trends. Very Well I shall cite some:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/10463976/Casual-sex-linked-to-depression-and-suicidal-thoughts.html

"Adolescents from 80 American schools and 52 middle schools were interviewed when they were in grades seven to twelve and then again when they were aged 18 to 26.
They were asked questions about relationships, depression and thoughts of suicide. Twenty nine per cent of the subjects said they had experience of a casual sexual relationship, which was defined as "only having sex" with someone as opposed to dating.
This included 33 percent of men and 24 percent of women.
The link between casual sex and mental health was found to be the same for both men and women according to the study published in the Journal of Sex Research."

Some statistics on the rise of divorce rates in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1384483/Britain-has-the-highest-divorce-rate-in-Europe.html

A few reasons cited "The high divorce rate, combined with the growth of cohabitation and illegitimate births, resulted in Britain recording the highest proportion of children living in one-parent families."

I'm just stating that I would abstain from having a relationship with some who has had loads of sexual partners, due to the reasons I have cited previously.

I've already covered this, the causality is likely to be running in the opposite direction. However, I also have the same disposition towards slutty girls for the same reason. I was mainly looking at people who deem it to be immoral
There's absolutely nothing wrong or immoral about being a slut or having a robust sexuality.
Because of social convention.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
NOT LOOKING FOR RELIGIOUS ARGUMENTS - Nobody cares about the opinions of middle-eastern shepherds who lived thousands of years ago.

That's where it comes from though.
Reply 12
Original post by majmuh24
Because of social convention.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does social convention have to do with morality?
Reply 13
Original post by xDave-
That's where it comes from though.

what do you mean by 'it'?

You mean morality? or the slut-shaming thing?
What does social convention have to do with morality?

Because morality is pretty much based on the judgments of others, and social convention says that being a slut is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
It's not immoral at all, just a less than desirable trait in a potential long term partner.
Reply 16
Original post by majmuh24
Because morality is pretty much based on the judgments of others, and social convention says that being a slut is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What morality do you subscribe to believe that people perceptions have to do with right or wrong?
Reply 17
Nothing. People attach importance to sex for religious reasons
Reply 18
what do you mean by 'it'?

You mean morality? or the slut-shaming thing?

I mean looking down on people who have multiple sexual relations.
Reply 19
Its called society. At some point in your life you are going to be judged. Its not my business if a girl sleeps with 20 guys a week but if she starts bitching about it, I have no sympathy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending