The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Ok I'm worried mine is going to be a bit bare but I've started doing some physics related reading and should be getting engineering work experience in the summer. I don't really know what I could talk about for 4000 words:tongue:

Where an earth have you got that value from, a ucas personal statement is limited to 47 lines!
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Where an earth have you got that value from, a ucas personal statement is limited to 47 lines!

Ahhh 4000 characters:erm: I was thinking it sounded a bit over the top:laugh:
Reply 9722
I wrote like half of my ex's personal statement for him and he got accepted so I must have done something right haha
Original post by iJess
I wrote like half of my ex's personal statement for him and he got accepted so I must have done something right haha

Thats awful oh god!
Original post by Red Fox
Ahhh 4000 characters:erm: I was thinking it sounded a bit over the top:laugh:

I know, I think most people would struggle to write 4000 words about themselves!
Original post by Bude8
Enrichment lectures... ._.

Thankfully IB students at my school don't have to go to those :biggrin:

Some of them are quite good, we have Dr in subjects and researchers etc come in to tell us about their careers and how they got there!!
I know, I think most people would struggle to write 4000 words about themselves!

how many characters is it then? :smile:
Reply 9727
Thats awful oh god!

I actually agree it is haha, he was doing an access course and didn't attend college for weeks, he was only there 2 days a week when he did go in as that's all college require. He asked me to do his maths for him as well, as after so many failed attempts there's an equivalent maths gcse qualification where the candidate just has to submit work completed. (Baring in mind he was 25, and I was 17) Shocking, I know!
Original post by hannah697
how many characters is it then? :smile:
i
It's 4000 characters not 4000 words!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Private school here too, here's how ours works:

4 Options max.

Any lesson (maths or not): 5 hours a week.

We have 5 lessons a day, one hour for each option and a free. That free is where people can opt to do critical thinking/have their language oral lessons/extra curricular/pshe/dofe

So people generally have 2/3 frees a week.

If you do further maths, you do 10 hours of maths (it counts as 2 options) and you finish Maths A2 in a year. And then you do further maths a2 in second year with your two other A2 Levels.

We start at 9, finish at 3:40

5 hours are lessons

And this explains why TSR is full of rich **** with too much money. Private school kids use TSR to make themselves 'fit in' with the other 93% of the population who's parents are not billionaires.
Original post by Spacey368
And this explains why TSR is full of rich **** with too much money. Private school kids use TSR to make themselves 'fit in' with the other 93% of the population who's parents are not billionaires.

You should learn your facts before spewing ****. I do not have money, I earned my place and am here on a scholarship.

I could never ever afford private school, so don't go cursing at me or those in general who do.

So why do you use TSR? Because I don't think you're gonna make the change needed to get grades, so don't think being on TSR is gonna do you much good if you're looking to improve your grades because it seems the problem is you.

You were insulting GCSEs when you didn't even do well in those.

Right, I'll stop.
You should learn your facts before spewing ****. I do not have money, I earned my place and am here on a scholarship.

I could never ever afford private school, so don't go cursing at me or those in general who do.

So why do you use TSR? Because I don't think you're gonna make the change needed to get grades, so don't think being on TSR is gonna do you much good if you're looking to improve your grades because it seems the problem is you.

Right, I'll stop.

Sorry about that!
Sorry about that!

:lol:

It's actually sometimes quite annoying going to a private school where everyone gets what they want, and I don't.
:lol:

It's actually sometimes quite annoying going to a private school where everyone gets what they want, and I don't.

Year I need to do some work. See ya.
Sorry about that!

I'm the same as fish, I earns my place and intend to earn my place at a decent uni in the same manner. I and my parents have worked very hard for everything we have, and I don't think we have a seven figure bank balance anyhow:eek:
I'm the same as fish, I earns my place and intend to earn my place at a decent uni in the same manner. I and my parents have worked very hard for everything we have, and I don't think we have a seven figure bank balance anyhow:eek:

Sorry about that everybody!
Need to be writing a history essay so I shall get on with that :flybye:
Year I need to do some work. See ya.

Bye

Well we'll have to pull out loans wouldn't we?:lol:

Right, I'll stop.

Nice response:lol:. Bit in bold was slightly harsh though:tongue:
Bye

Well we'll have to pull out loans wouldn't we?:lol:

:biggrin:Haha, indeed! Excuse me while I go and finish building my money fort and start feeding my Pomeranian diamonds again:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Nice response:lol:. Bit in bold was slightly harsh though:tongue:

Well I apoligise :smile:

:biggrin:Haha, indeed! Excuse me while I go and finish building my money fort and start feeding my Pomeranian diamonds again:tongue:

:rofl:

I'll be back, quick polo session.

Latest