The Student Room Group

Sleep...What time should I go to sleep on a school night?

This may not be anything to do with study,but I say it is as you need a certain amount of sleep to do well in SCHOOL. I am thirteen and 14 at the end of may,what time do you go to sleep? I need a new routine as I am soon to be doing GCSE'S please help me!?!?!

Scroll to see replies

You are in Year 9. You've got about 2 years till GCSEs. Chill out.
Reply 2
Whenever you get tired.

At school I went to bed around 10-10.30 and woke up at 6 so had around 7-8 hrs of sleep
I sleep at around 11/12 and wake up at six ish :smile:
Reply 4
Go at 10:30, though im.in year 10 and go at 1:00am lol
Reply 5
When you're that young sleep is essential for growth, so try sleeping at least 8 hours a day. They recommend 8 for adults as well.
Reply 6
If I was you I would go to bed at 9pm - 9:30pm, this way you will be in a healthy sleeping routine.

12-18 year olds need an average of 8.5 - 10 hours sleep!
Original post by suzylemonade
You are in Year 9. You've got about 2 years till GCSEs. Chill out.

Actually I am starting them this year!!!
Thanks everyone x This really helped me on creating my routine for school.
Original post by Student-Dancer
Actually I am starting them this year!!!

Are you doing them this year, or just starting the syllabus? :rolleyes: I started my GCSE syllabuses for science at the beginning of year 9.. Doesn't mean I was freaking out about the exams then.
Reply 10
I used to get about 6 hours a night when I was at college. Closer to 8 now that I don't have to get up really early to catch a bus.
I aim to go to bed at 9:00 as I wake up at 4:30 but I rarely make that time. I am usually in bed by about 11:30 but can feel alright on about 3 hours sleep.
Original post by suzylemonade
Are you doing them this year, or just starting the syllabus? :rolleyes: I started my GCSE syllabuses for science at the beginning of year 9.. Doesn't mean I was freaking out about the exams then.

I am doing the syllubus big exams and some GCSE'S! Hard work,I start them this year as in September I go up into year 10 as well.
Reply 13
Original post by Student-Dancer
I am doing the syllubus big exams and some GCSE'S! Hard work,I start them this year as in September I go up into year 10 as well.

Don't let your life get completely consumed by studying and exams. Have some fun too.
Original post by alow
Don't let your life get completely consumed by studying and exams. Have some fun too.

I sure will,I just want to get my targets and to do that I have to get my targets for this year by July aswell,My next exams to do that are soon.Thats why Im freaking out as I am doing really bad in Maths,well I woldn't say freaking out I just wanted to know about it. Thankyou
Reply 15
At around 10 p.m :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks Jenn
in my last year of A level (A2) I'd generally go to bed at about 1am and wake up at about 7:30 an I was fine (and I got good grades simply by studying, generally quite late at night)
Whenever your mummy says your bedtime is.

:colonhash:
I always try to knock off before midnight. My school is only 5 minutes away though. So even if I sleep in I can still make it on time as long I'm up 15 minutes before the bell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending