The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Tbh, I think top 4 is between Liverpool and Spurs. Although tbh, Liverpool are somehow still in the title race and could have even been in front were it not for rubbish ref decisions, you guys don't look like you'll be able to catch up if I'm being honest.
Reply 241
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Tbh, I think top 4 is between Liverpool and Spurs. Although tbh, Liverpool are somehow still in the title race and could have even been in front were it not for rubbish ref decisions, you guys don't look like you'll be able to catch up if I'm being honest.

Same could be said for Everton.
Everton are a fantastic club IMO. They really care about the fans and have a decent team... hopefully Martinez can take them to the Champions League fairly soon.
Reply 243
Bitterly disappointing.
Original post by Stylo92
Bitterly disappointing.

Same. I think we deserved a draw. But anyways :s-smilie:
Reply 245
Original post by IdeasForLife
Same. I think we deserved a draw. But anyways :s-smilie:

Think we deserved the win myself. Too wasteful. Jagielka, Mirallas, Pienaar wasting good chances.

Chelsea diving all over the place, one which resulted in their goal.

It's a sickener.
Original post by Stylo92
Think we deserved the win myself. Too wasteful. Jagielka, Mirallas, Pienaar wasting good chances.

Chelsea diving all over the place, one which resulted in their goal.

It's a sickener.

True the diving was pathetic. Torres did the worse one.
Reply 247
So since top 4 is pretty much out of reach, do you think you'll come above United this season?
Reply 248
Original post by bammy jastard 27
So since top 4 is pretty much out of reach, do you think you'll come above United this season?

Key game is the Everton vs United game, if Everton win that one then they will finish above. I can't see Everton losing many points against the small teams with the performances they put in and their solid defence, United's defence on the other hand...

Everton still have City and Arsenal to play but United also have City and Liverpool to play. So yh key game is the Everton vs United which Everton have an advantage seeing as its a home game for them.
Reply 249
Disappointing day yesterday. Going to remain 6th-8th, with a half-decent cup run, until we get some investment. Just can't compete with other teams. Our plan B yesterday involved bringing on Osman and McGeady.

On another note, why are there only a few Evertonians on TSR? Only 13 pages on this, whereas other club's threads have hundreds.
Reply 250
There just aren't that many Everton fans in general really, when compared to the big teams anyway :dontknow:

Pretty similar for most clubs outside of Liverpool, United, Arsenal and Chelsea.
Reply 251
I'm a United fan but Everton are somewhat of my second team :tongue: Probably gonna finish above us this year as well. I reckon the squad you have atm is perfect, add some more quality players and you can get UCL football. Also in Martinez you have a manager who knows whats going on and knows how to play good attacking football :biggrin:

A lot also depends on signing Lukaku on a perm, if not at least another loan deal :tongue: If not Torres is available for 20m this summer, worth a shot no?
Reply 252
:lolwut: Are you trolling with the Torres comment??
Reply 253
Original post by The Rusty Spork
There just aren't that many Everton fans in general really, when compared to the big teams anyway :dontknow:

Pretty similar for most clubs outside of Liverpool, United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

There's less, but not this small surely. Grand Old Team has thousands of members.
Reply 254
Original post by Kutta
I'm a United fan but Everton are somewhat of my second team :tongue: Probably gonna finish above us this year as well. I reckon the squad you have atm is perfect, add some more quality players and you can get UCL football. Also in Martinez you have a manager who knows whats going on and knows how to play good attacking football :biggrin:

A lot also depends on signing Lukaku on a perm, if not at least another loan deal :tongue: If not Torres is available for 20m this summer, worth a shot no?

I'd pass on Torres, and I doubt he's worth £20m nowadays anyway.

Also, this is Everton you're talking about, we don't have a pot to piss in.
Reply 255
Original post by The Rusty Spork
:lolwut: Are you trolling with the Torres comment??

I hope he's not.
Coleman doesn't score normal goals.
Great performance.

Wish we could take on on Deulo permanently :frown:
Reply 258
Great great win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Superb stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest