The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkmemetchi
They claim that pollution is really bad. But it's honestly nothing compared to other cities in China like Shanghai or Beijing.
It's not noticeable. It's not serious enough to affect anything. Don't worry about the pollution part.

haha yes.. definitely not as bad as Shanghai :s-smilie:
Reply 261
Original post by turquoisemoon
received offer from HKUST for business and management, it's conditional offer for 36 points in IB (including tok and ee) and at least 4 for each subject. I'm a non-jupas local applicant :smile:

But I still haven't heard back from other HK schools yet :/

I'm a non-jupas local applicant too :biggrin:
HKUST is very famous for Business, congratulations! :tongue:
Reply 262
Anyone apply HKUST international research enrichment ?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turquoisemoon
received offer from HKUST for business and management, it's conditional offer for 36 points in IB (including tok and ee) and at least 4 for each subject. I'm a non-jupas local applicant :smile:

But I still haven't heard back from other HK schools yet :/

Same requirements as mine, i hope we can be friends in the future :smile:
Reply 264
hi everyone. i got a conditional offer (IB 36) from hku for social science about 2 weeks ago, had an interview with HKUST for global china studies. Still waiting on CUHK and HKUST news...anyone heard from these two schools? Any thoughts on which 3 schools are better for social science. All comments appreciated :smile:
Reply 265
Original post by 14sophiec
hi everyone. i got a conditional offer (IB 36) from hku for social science about 2 weeks ago, had an interview with HKUST for global china studies. Still waiting on CUHK and HKUST news...anyone heard from these two schools? Any thoughts on which 3 schools are better for social science. All comments appreciated :smile:

I received an offer for Social Science from hku too!
I still haven't heard from cuhk (applied for Psychology).

All the 3 uni are very good, you won't be disadvantaged by going to any of them. But I personally prefer hku. HKU's degree is very flexible, since you could freely choose to study more than one subject in social science or other faculties (double major), and it also got the prestige too. For Psychology, hku is the best out of all hong kong uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 266
Original post by devils
I received an offer for Social Science from hku too!
I still haven't heard from cuhk (applied for Psychology).

All the 3 uni are very good, you won't be disadvantaged by going to any of them. But I personally prefer hku. HKU's degree is very flexible, since you could freely choose to study more than one subject in social science or other faculties (double major), and it also got the prestige too. For Psychology, hku is the best out of all hong kong uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did u have a conditional offer too? or are you not doing IB? anyone have any ideas also regarding hk system of not meeting conditional offers...i've heard that sometimes they make exceptions if u score a point or so below the required... a lot of pressure for me for my final IB exams
Reply 267
did u have a conditional offer too? or are you not doing IB? anyone have any ideas also regarding hk system of not meeting conditional offers...i've heard that sometimes they make exceptions if u score a point or so below the required... a lot of pressure for me for my final IB exams

I received a conditional offer too, but I'm doing gce A-levels. (Local non-jupas applicant) :biggrin:
I think it's very unlikely that they would be able to accept applicants who miss their offer...I know there might be exception, but it's very rare. :frown: A place in hku is very very competitive and I know a lot of students with excellent grades are rejected by hku. :s-smilie: Social science is not as oversubscribed as subjects like medicine or law (my friend got A*A*AAA but she was still rejected by hku :eek:), but it's still popular.
I advise you to accept as many offers as you could (although the deposit fee is super expensive), and good luck to both of us on the coming exam! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 268
did anybody hear from CUHK yet? international non jupas? social science?

I suppose you can always try. But HKU has no problems accepting local non-JUPAS applicants until the very last minute (ie last week of August).

Also, Hong Kong universities have the obligation to accept all JUPAS applicants who appealed and got their grades upgraded to at least the student with the lowest score in a programme, so if anything they may have more students than they expected.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 270
Original post by sunny_wong
Same requirements as mine, i hope we can be friends in the future :smile:

I am still waiting for it :frown: what was your predicted?
Reply 271
im a non jupas applicant… any ideas how it is for international students?
Reply 272
To turoquoisemoon,
Can you tell me when did you do your HKUST interview?
Reply 273
Which is better for Psychology, Durham vs HKU? :confused:
Reply 274
any results from UST business?
Yes. Got an offer from UST Business on Feb 14th. And second round of interview just finished. So the second round of offers should be starting in about a month.
Reply 276
got an offer from UST today, global china studies.
Reply 277
got an offer from UST today, global china studies.

Congrats! When did you do your interview?
Reply 278
To sunny_wong,

Hi, when did you do your HKUST interview?
Reply 279
Original post by hochimin
Congrats! When did you do your interview?

I did my interview 2 weeks ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending