The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

(Adult) Nursing Selection Day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
you have to click on a choosen date and the page will show up.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by LIzzieWoo
Is this for city? I had a group interview before I can't remember which uni though but they typically would give you a senario and think up a solution to the problem. You need to show you can contribute as well as listening to others. It doesn't really matter if you don't arrive to a solution it's about the thinking process. Try to contribute but don't dominate in the group. I found it really hard for my group interview to contribute because others had better ideas and were much more extroverted. I preferred my individual interview at city because I was able to express myself without being directly compared to others. I was asked why do you want to become a nurse what skills and qualities do you posses, what I did for my dissertation, what would you do if you were to receive a complaint. And there was a chance to ask them a question, for city there is the opportunity to write a 10000 word essay related to nursing in an area of interest which requires research method, evidence based practice and other literature anytime within three years after graduation. It's good to ask a specific question at te end.

The apl for me last year was simply to watch a video and comment on the communication skills what when well between two people what was bad and how it could have been improved. Then there were further questions not related to the video on nutrition poverty and social aspects in society it's was very vague but they were looking to see if you can reference well and use a wide range of literature. I hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for your reply. It is City uni yeh, I emailed them about the group interview and they said it's just individual which is ok I guess. I had a group & individual at Bucks which went well and I got the place but I really wanna go to City! I'm just really worried about the APL, but from what you said it seems ok.. I guess I'll find out more about in on Thursday. Are you at City? If so, how are you finding it?
Reply 82
Original post by Adi50
Hey, thanks for your reply. It is City uni yeh, I emailed them about the group interview and they said it's just individual which is ok I guess. I had a group & individual at Bucks which went well and I got the place but I really wanna go to City! I'm just really worried about the APL, but from what you said it seems ok.. I guess I'll find out more about in on Thursday. Are you at City? If so, how are you finding it?

did you have have your interview already?how did it go? what kind of question did they ask?
Reply 83
Yeh I had it, went well I got offered a place! =] It's my first choice, the people & staff were really friendly and interview was informal, depends who does your interview tbh, is yours for pgdip?
They ask why you want to be a nurse, provide examples of empathy (if you mention thats what a good nurse needs) and like experience and stuff. Just really general stuff tbh, and how you cope with stress or the emotional side of working as a nurse, I talked about my experience of dealing with vulnerable people and they asked how I emotionally coped with it. Good luck & just be yourself!
Reply 84
Original post by Adi50
Yeh I had it, went well I got offered a place! =] It's my first choice, the people & staff were really friendly and interview was informal, depends who does your interview tbh, is yours for pgdip?
They ask why you want to be a nurse, provide examples of empathy (if you mention thats what a good nurse needs) and like experience and stuff. Just really general stuff tbh, and how you cope with stress or the emotional side of working as a nurse, I talked about my experience of dealing with vulnerable people and they asked how I emotionally coped with it. Good luck & just be yourself!

Yes. Mine is a post graduate.. Did the test and interview take place on the same? And congratulations to u!!!
Reply 85
Is it in adult? Thanks! Yeh, tests in the morning & you progress to the interviews if you pass, a few didn't make it to interview stage unfortunately.. There's a personality style quesitionaire type thing to which takes place in the afternoon, all I have to do now is complete the essay & if I pass that I can start in Sept 2014, when is your interview?
Reply 86
Original post by Adi50
Is it in adult? Thanks! Yeh, tests in the morning & you progress to the interviews if you pass, a few didn't make it to interview stage unfortunately.. There's a personality style quesitionaire type thing to which takes place in the afternoon, all I have to do now is complete the essay & if I pass that I can start in Sept 2014, when is your interview?

Yes adult nursing.. Interview is on the 24th. City is my first choice too! I really want to get in! Was there an essay at d end of the literacy test about why you want to become a nurse?
Reply 87
Yeh it was essay style, don;'t have much time to write it properly, your writing skills are assessed if you they make you an offer. You have to pass that (apel) assignment to be given a firm place. I'm yet to do mine..
Reply 88
Original post by Adi50
Yeh it was essay style, don;'t have much time to write it properly, your writing skills are assessed if you they make you an offer. You have to pass that (apel) assignment to be given a firm place. I'm yet to do mine..

I am lost now!!maths and literacy? What is the literacy like? I thought that is where you get the essay type questions before you get an interview? Can we move this conversation to PM
Please has anyone done the city university RPL essay before ..I need guidelines
Reply 90
Hello I need help on the RPL essay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending