The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Im also a 2014 MMU applicant to study Accounting and Finance. I got my offer 3 days after I sent my UCAS off which was few months ago.. :biggrin: MMu invited me to attend this visit day which conducted last week. It was VERY helpful so I got MMU to change my course with a placement year and i am very happy ^^ Btw, they said MMU students are only in 3 days a week? so I can start to find part-time jobs soon!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 301
Hey! Im studing Drama/Film and Television Studies at the Chesire Campus. Exciting stuff :smile:
Reply 302
hiya i got an offer for Early Years and Childhood Studies with a foundation year, made it my firm choice
but i am a bit confused about accommodation i like the look of oxford court and briarfield but was wondering how
social are both these halls i heard that Cambridge is the most social but the thought of sharing toilets doesnt appeal to me
hahaa thanks and
Congrats to Everyone on their offer
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 303
Original post by omghelp
hiya i got an offer for Early Years and Childhood Studies with a foundation year, made it my firm choice
but i am a bit confused about accommodation i like the look of oxford court and briarfield but was wondering how
social are both these halls i heard that Cambridge is the most social but the thought of sharing toilets doesnt appeal to me
hahaa thanks and
Congrats to Everyone on their offer

I went to an open day and looked at all of them halls, at first I said I was deffooo not going in a sharing bathroom because that just sound mingin.. However Cambridge halls were so much better because everyone was just happy and it was really big inside the flats (not so much the rooms) but looked by far the most fun! I originally wanted to go briarfield but when I went to look it was so tiny an quiet.. Same with Oxford court! So now I'm basically choosing whether to share a bathroom with a fun life or having my own and it being grim haha :smile: hope this helps your decision!
Reply 304
I'm still so confused guys! Anyone got Law as their firm? :smile: I have no idea which accommodation I'm going to choose!
Reply 305
Original post by A_L_E
I went to an open day and looked at all of them halls, at first I said I was deffooo not going in a sharing bathroom because that just sound mingin.. However Cambridge halls were so much better because everyone was just happy and it was really big inside the flats (not so much the rooms) but looked by far the most fun! I originally wanted to go briarfield but when I went to look it was so tiny an quiet.. Same with Oxford court! So now I'm basically choosing whether to share a bathroom with a fun life or having my own and it being grim haha :smile: hope this helps your decision!

thank you, i am super confused lol, surely it depends on the people you live with as well and i saw on the mmu website that briafields hall can have up to 7 people per flat.. i am hoping this should make it more lively and social. its a tough decision deciding where your going to live for the next year :frown:
Reply 306
Original post by omghelp
thank you, i am super confused lol, surely it depends on the people you live with as well and i saw on the mmu website that briafields hall can have up to 7 people per flat.. i am hoping this should make it more lively and social. its a tough decision deciding where your going to live for the next year :frown:

Yeah that's true!! I'm feeling exactly the same so hard :frown:
Reply 307
Original post by Danie101
I'm still so confused guys! Anyone got Law as their firm? :smile: I have no idea which accommodation I'm going to choose!

Yeah I firmed law a few months ago!! Looking to stay in Cambridge halls!!
I'm gonna firm MMU for Primary Education! I'm thinking Birley Fields for accommodation, anyone else wanting to stay there?
Original post by Abbieeeeee.96
I'm gonna firm MMU for Primary Education! I'm thinking Birley Fields for accommodation, anyone else wanting to stay there?

Exactly the same here! :biggrin:
Just need the courage to make the final decision :tongue:
i'm doing fashion buying and merchandising and have no idea what halls to stay in, its between oxford/briarfields or cambridge i think, but if cambridge is more social then i might just stay there but then the whole en-suite situation is making me confused ahh, help?
I'm considering birley fields for my accomodation next year too but I haven't made it my firm choice yet, I haven't been to visit the new campus at birley fields can anyone tell me what it's like?
Reply 312
Original post by asmyth7
Yeah I firmed law a few months ago!! Looking to stay in Cambridge halls!!

finally found someone doing law! haha. I firmed it a few months ago too, so excited. Ive also been looking to stay in Cambridge halls but the whole bathroom situation is pushing me towards choosing briarfields. I really have no idea on what I'm going to decide :frown: stress.
Reply 313
Original post by Danie101
finally found someone doing law! haha. I firmed it a few months ago too, so excited. Ive also been looking to stay in Cambridge halls but the whole bathroom situation is pushing me towards choosing briarfields. I really have no idea on what I'm going to decide :frown: stress.

You're not alone don't worry hahaha. Pretty excited myself too!! Yeah I'm guessing it's so much harder for girls sharing a bathroom but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm just going there because I wanna make the most off first year and Cambridge halls seems to be the best choice lol!!
think MMU primary education is gonna be my firm ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stephaniep123
think MMU primary education is gonna be my firm ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here :-)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/241418632704767/
There's a group on facebook for potential mmu primary ed students if anyone is interested :smile:
aww cool, thanks ☺️ have you visited birley fields?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been to look at Birley Fields, it's not finished yet is it? I have an interview for Huddersfield on Monday but I think I might withdraw and just have MMU as my firm because Hudders is higher grades for entry anyways and I reallllly wanna go to MMU!! I just daren't do it ahhh
Anyone going to the open day event for the school of arts on the 30th of April?
I'm hoping to have a proper look round the accommodation of briarfields and Cambridge; I'll let you guys know what I liked about both of them and what I didn't because it seems like everyone's really stuck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending