The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Alex_Log
I've also applied for Biological Science, most modules will be the same! Will it be your firm choice? :smile:

No, I think I'm putting it as my insurance as the offer is the lowest out of all the ones I've had, you?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Wow, I really enjoyed the applicant day. I loved the Wesminster Halls- I'll definitely apply there. (anyone knows what's the likelihood of getting the place there?) Literally a couple of minute walk to the class, the library is very close too, and the gym with the swimming pool (I can just imagine it.. Early morning workout and a swim.. haha). Overall, a great place to study and I'm definitely going there!
Did you go to the philosophy talk?

Original post by CheesusCrust
Wow, I really enjoyed the applicant day. I loved the Wesminster Halls- I'll definitely apply there. (anyone knows what's the likelihood of getting the place there?) Literally a couple of minute walk to the class, the library is very close too, and the gym with the swimming pool (I can just imagine it.. Early morning workout and a swim.. haha). Overall, a great place to study and I'm definitely going there!
Original post by Dominiquee06
Did you go to the philosophy talk?

Yeah, I really liked that Mark Cain (that was his name iirc) guy lol. I'm even more excited for the course now. Only 6 months left now :biggrin:
I did too! Yeaa hes such a funny guy! when i first spoke to him on another open day i thought he was proper serious:L ahaha bring on septemberrr! :P

Original post by CheesusCrust
Yeah, I really liked that Mark Cain (that was his name iirc) guy lol. I'm even more excited for the course now. Only 6 months left now :biggrin:
Reply 485
Does anyone know when we start applying for accommodation?
Reply 486
Original post by Choppie
Does anyone know when we start applying for accommodation?

An email is sent to us just after Easter! :smile: it's not done on a first come first serve basis though so It doesn't matter if you don't apply straight away.
Original post by Hanmoo
An email is sent to us just after Easter! :smile: it's not done on a first come first serve basis though so It doesn't matter if you don't apply straight away.

When do we find out if we got the accomodation that we've applied to? I really want westminster halls as they're on the campus I'll be having lectures on.. :biggrin:
Hello! Haven't been on TSR for ages but i'm going to be doing Adult Nursing at Brookes in September and I'm very excited! Is anyone else going to be doing nursing or something similar?
Reply 489
Eeep! Just got an unconditional for Publishing Media with Japanese Studies!
Looks like I'm officially off to Brookes in September! Sooo happy :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KehRawwr
Eeep! Just got an unconditional for Publishing Media with Japanese Studies!
Looks like I'm officially off to Brookes in September! Sooo happy :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOOOOOO!!! Congrats!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 491
Original post by maggiesoares
WOOOOOO!!! Congrats!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I think I'm going to allow myself to start getting excited now.
Reply 492
Original post by TheTechFish
Hi!

I'm a first year Architecture student at Brookes, so if you have any questions about that, I've started a thread for you here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2590981

Good luck to you all!

Hi there,

I have a conditional oxford brookes, however am not sure whether to firm Bartlett or brookes. I feel abit intimidated by the pressure at Bartlett, what is the course like at brookes? Do you work nearly whole the week or do you get to do things you enjoy outside your course aswell?

ps, the thread link you started isn't working..
(edited 10 years ago)
Just got am offer for Publishing Media! Already firmed my offer! So excited! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
Original post by TheGreatGatsby_
Just got am offer for Publishing Media! Already firmed my offer! So excited! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! Congrats! I have a Publishing Media offer firmed too :biggrin:
Reply 495
I did a telephone interview 2 weeks ago and although it went really really good I haven't heard from the uni yet..should I be worried?
Original post by Nadindins
Woo! Congrats! I have a Publishing Media offer firmed too :biggrin:

Ah that's great news! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olga1988
I did a telephone interview 2 weeks ago and although it went really really good I haven't heard from the uni yet..should I be worried?

I wouldn't be, I'm sure there's a reason :smile: maybe give them a call? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 498
Original post by TheGreatGatsby_
I wouldn't be, I'm sure there's a reason :smile: maybe give them a call? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats for your offer :biggrin:
Well, they told me I would know within one or two weeks from the interview and I emailed them yesterday to ask but they haven't replied to my e mail yet...Do you think I should call them tomorrow?
Original post by Olga1988
Congrats for your offer :biggrin:
Well, they told me I would know within one or two weeks from the interview and I emailed them yesterday to ask but they haven't replied to my e mail yet...Do you think I should call them tomorrow?

Thanks! :smile: I'm sure you'll be hearing good news!

Yeah it wouldn't hurt :smile: at least you'll be able to know for sure and not have to wait for an email :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending