The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Anyone had interview for therapeutic radiography?

Hi - I'm new to TSR and everything!

44 and applied to do Therapeutic Radiography and got interview coming up.

Pls any advice on interview questions? Its been over 20 years ago I did my first degree so well out of it.

I really want to do this and its going to be a major commitment and change for my family if I ever get through.

Had an interview at South Bank and unfortunately was unsuccessful. It was really tough and trying to get feedback

thanks and best of luck to others
Reply 1
Hi I'm in my first year studying therapeutic radiography at southbank. Typical questions are:
why do you want to study RT?
why do you want to study RT at that University? (Look up facilities etc.)
what are the differences in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiography?
what skills do you have that suit you for the job?

If i think of any more that I had i'll post them!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Hi, i'am starting therapeutic radiography at lsbu this september and was hoping you could give me some advice:
Are lectures full days and are you at uni 5days a week?
Are the lecturers helpful?
How long and what types of clinical placements do you get in the first year?
Sorry for all the questions I am a bit nervous of what to expect and have children so will have to arrange childcare. Looking forward to hearing from you x
Reply 3
Original post by Fm79
Hi, i'am starting therapeutic radiography at lsbu this september and was hoping you could give me some advice:
Sorry for all the questions I am a bit nervous of what to expect and have children so will have to arrange childcare. Looking forward to hearing from you x

Hi there and congratulations on getting a place. Youve done really well already!

Im not an expert on lsbu to start with!
Lectures I gather would cover 3-4 days a week, between approx 10-5 say, but there may be gaps between them. I would try and get a timetable as soon as possible - perhaps from august in order to try and get a grip on travel/childcare arrangements.
Placements start in first term of first year to get you in there. In first term you have apprx 4/5 wks at uni and then in hospital for 4 wks - I'm afraid I dont have info in front of me. there is another one in the second semester - they base timetable on semesters not traditional terms.
Hospitals are assigned by distance from home as far as possible.
From the open day the lecturers seemed engaging and enthusiastic and aware of student concerns. Facilities good.

Are you in London? I think you'll get much better info from a a student already in their first year. why dont you post a message in lsbu forum maybe?

Good luck and I'm sure once you get started you get into it and work things out. As a mum with kids i understand the worry/guilt etc etc we load ourselves with but it'll be worth it for all of you!
Reply 4
Original post by Fm79

Hi FM79,
I'm new to this student room and still trying to get to grips with it.
I thought I would say hi as I have been given an offer to study Therapuetic Radiography at Lsbu September 2014.
Hi, im thinking of applying to SouthBank this year. I would be really grateful if u gave me some tips, because im still not sure if i wanna do radiography?
Original post by pitte2
Hi I'm in my first year studying therapeutic radiography at southbank. Typical questions are:
why do you want to study RT?
why do you want to study RT at that University? (Look up facilities etc.)
what are the differences in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiography?
what skills do you have that suit you for the job?

If i think of any more that I had i'll post them!
Hi, im thinking about doing therapeutic radiography and apply to Isbu, could you please give me some tips? and usually how long are the work hours in this career? I would be grateful for any information. Also, doesn anybody know what kind of entry tests there are and how I can prepare?? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending