The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

I count time at sixth form as revision only if it is for History or Geography and is either extra reading related to lessons, typing up course notes or homework. If it is for English or is work I have to catch up on I don't count it. :smile:
Zero. 15 exams to go. Yep, I'm dead. :s-smilie:
As of right now just 1 hour every Saturday of MathsWatch, but from April that will increase to 4 hours a day (with 5 hours a day on Saturday including the continuation of my MathsWatch revision).
None at the moment I have no motivation to study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellowcopter
As of right now just 1 hour every Saturday of MathsWatch, but from April that will increase to 4 hours a day (with 5 hours a day on Saturday including the continuation of my MathsWatch revision).

What is mathsWatch? Everyone seems to be taking about it on here at the minute :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
What is mathsWatch? Everyone seems to be taking about it on here at the minute :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a disc of video clips for self-teaching yourself and revising GCSE Maths, covers the whole syllabus for almost all exam boards. :smile:

It's basically like those Maths GCSE videos you find on YouTube, except I find MathsWatch A LOT better because it's gives you the simple, straightforward solutions to answering the questions with no fuss or unnecessary thrills. It's also a bonus that everything is just there and easy to find, categorised by grade, easy to understand and much more clearer than any YouTube videos I've come across.

I'm sure their website can give a better description than I can. :tongue: http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/
(edited 10 years ago)
It's a disc of video clips for self-teaching yourself and revising GCSE Maths, covers the whole syllabus for almost all exam boards. :smile:

It's basically like those Maths GCSE videos you find on YouTube, except I find MathsWatch A LOT better because it's gives you the simple, straightforward solutions to answering the questions with no fuss or unnecessary thrills. It's also a bonus that everything is just there and easy to find, categorised by grade, easy to understand and much more clearer than any YouTube videos I've come across.

I'm sure their website can give a better description than I can. :tongue: http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/

Cool, thanks! I'm doing A levels, I was just interested to know what it was all about :tongue: I guess for now I'll just have to stick to examsolutions where they cover it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 807
Reading this thread, I should probably start soon. Tried a few times but haven't got into it properly yet :redface:
If you're still struggling to motivate yourself to study then read this:

http://fizzle.co/sparkline/motivation

I'm feeling quite positive and motivated after reading, if you need someone to motivate you to work then feel free to DM me
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 809
Enough... I hope.
Cool, thanks! I'm doing A levels, I was just interested to know what it was all about :tongue: I guess for now I'll just have to stick to examsolutions where they cover it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew you did, sorry if my description sounded like I was talking to you as a fellow GCSE student (if that's a bad thing, I'm unsure), I was saying it in a more generalised definition-type of way. :tongue:

I chose Maths A-Level and can't wait to start the course next year, wooop.
I knew you did, sorry if my description sounded like I was talking to you as a fellow GCSE student (if that's a bad thing, I'm unsure), I was saying it in a more generalised definition-type of way. :tongue:

I chose Maths A-Level and can't wait to start the course next year, wooop.

Sorry I was getting confused! It's good, you'll enjoy it! :biggrin: What else are you taking?
Sorry I was getting confused! It's good, you'll enjoy it! :biggrin: What else are you taking?

As well as Core + Decision Maths I'm also doing Computing, Physics and English Literature. :smile:
As well as Core + Decision Maths I'm also doing Computing, Physics and English Literature. :smile:

If your scientifically minded I encourage u not to take English lit
Original post by Aerosports

I absolutely love English and reading, if anything it's one of my ideal A-Levels that I don't plan on changing. :smile: I'm around the same when it comes to scientific learning and written learning, but if I had to say I'm more of an English person than Science. I'm kind of challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone, but the risk isn't too large considering I love Maths and Physics.
Reply 815
Original post by Aerosports

I took Biology, Chemistry and Maths alongside English Literature and had no trouble with this. Sometimes it's nice to have a break from science-related things. I think it's a bit of a misconception that all science students cannot be creative or write nicely, just as the idea that anyone who does humanities only does so because they weren't good enough at science. It's possible to be good at or enjoy both! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I should probably start right away, been getting less than 60% each mock exam

:eek: Decision, people don't normally do that without further maths! It's weird but ok, I quite enjoy it actually :smile: Physics is also good (I've applied for it at uni :biggrin:), computing sounds interesting too but english lit? You have to be mad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 818
My exams are a little ways off yet but I'm trying to get into the habit of doing an hour a night right now. Usually just a case of putting an album on and letting it play through while I work. I'm hoping it will get to the point where I'll eventually decide to put another on.
:eek: Decision, people don't normally do that without further maths! It's weird but ok, I quite enjoy it actually :smile: Physics is also good (I've applied for it at uni :biggrin:), computing sounds interesting too but english lit? You have to be mad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love English as much as I love Physics and Computing! :tongue: I was told Core + Statistics was the easiest one but the colleges I applied for only offered that as an AS over two years (for less able students, students who don't wish to do A2 or just want AS spread over two years) which I didn't want, and then there was Mechanics and Decision. Mechanics is supposedly the hardest and Decision was then my choice. They also said apparently it goes with Computing so, perfect choice. :tongue:

Apparently it's quite an interesting form of Maths so I'm looking forward to it. Despite the many people telling me that Decision is much more boring due to it's simplicity in comparison to Mechanics - but I like simplicity!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending