The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cyiarik
Man this has thrown me i was gonna firm manchester can you tell me what manchester is like/why you think that ? you can pm me if its better :smile:

The grass is always greener on the other side :wink: There was no way that I wanted to stay in my home town for uni.

I'm at Manchester and I wouldn't swap it for Kings, personally, but you do need to make your own mind up on this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1201
Going to firm my offer for biology at Manchester just as soon as Exeter get back to me. I'm coming from a gap year so I've already been through the exam stress most of you are under now, however it does mean I have an unconditional!

Anyone else got offers from the faculty of life science? Can't wait to come to Manchester!
Just firmed Manchester for Physics! Following Durham rejection, but Ah well!
Reply 1203
Just firmed Manchester for French and Business Management!
Reply 1204
Just firmed for German and Linguistics! So excited!!!
firmed manchester for sociology and criminology!!
Original post by laurence231
Just firmed Manchester for Physics! Following Durham rejection, but Ah well!

Original post by scere2
Just firmed Manchester for French and Business Management!

Original post by stebsie
Just firmed for German and Linguistics! So excited!!!

Original post by gelcairns
firmed manchester for sociology and criminology!!

Exciting times! You'll have a fantastic time :biggrin:

If you haven't already, don't forget to apply for accommodation :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1207
I've asked this a few times now but one more time won't hurt. IS ANYBODY GOING TO THE SOCIAL SCIENCE OPEN DAY TOMORROW!?!?!?!?!?! And for former students ,cough*origami bullets*cough, what bus stop do I get off at to go to the Chemsitry Building (I don't understand maps sorry :colondollar:) Thanks
Original post by SkAlley
I've asked this a few times now but one more time won't hurt. IS ANYBODY GOING TO THE SOCIAL SCIENCE OPEN DAY TOMORROW!?!?!?!?!?! And for former students ,cough*origami bullets*cough, what bus stop do I get off at to go to the Chemsitry Building (I don't understand maps sorry :colondollar:) Thanks

You called? :tongue:

If you're coming from the city centre, you need to get off outside Kilburn Building (big red-brown brick building on your left, just after you've been under a bridge marked 'University of Manchester'). Then keep walking in the same direction as the bus was going, before turning left down Brunswick Street (there's a building on the corner that's undergoing a lot of building work).

If you're coming from Fallowfield, you need to get off outside the Students' Union, then keep walking in the same direction as the bus was going, before turning right down Brunswick Street.

Alternatively, ask the bus driver to tell you when you get to UoM, then get off and ask a passing student for directions :wink:

And because Chemistry Building is not remotely well marked, this is what it looks like :smile:

Have fun :biggrin:
Reply 1209
Original post by SkAlley

Sorry I didn't see your previous messages about it, but I'm going!
Reply 1210
Original post by Origami Bullets
You called? :tongue:

If you're coming from the city centre, you need to get off outside Kilburn Building (big red-brown brick building on your left, just after you've been under a bridge marked 'University of Manchester'). Then keep walking in the same direction as the bus was going, before turning left down Brunswick Street (there's a building on the corner that's undergoing a lot of building work).

If you're coming from Fallowfield, you need to get off outside the Students' Union, then keep walking in the same direction as the bus was going, before turning right down Brunswick Street.

Alternatively, ask the bus driver to tell you when you get to UoM, then get off and ask a passing student for directions :wink:

And because Chemistry Building is not remotely well marked, this is what it looks like :smile:

Have fun :biggrin:

Aha you're here :biggrin:

Does Manchester Piccadilly station count as the city centre, because I'm coming from there on the 147 bus?

When I phoned up earlier, a bridge was mentioned and it was also mentioned that I should get off at/just after this bridge, so that is what I shall do :smile:

So I get off the bus, follow the bus route but turn left by a construction site thingy, or just ask someone where the chemistry building is....gotcha!

Thanks m'luv :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1211
Original post by w77
Sorry I didn't see your previous messages about it, but I'm going!

That's alright, and YAAAAAY, I honestly thought no one else was going lol
Where are you coming from and are you going to the accommodation tour before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SkAlley
Aha you're here :biggrin:

Does Manchester Piccadilly station count as the city centre, because I'm coming from there on the 147 bus?

When I phoned up earlier, a bridge was mentioned and it was also mentioned that I should get off at/just after this bridge, so that is what I shall do :smile:

So I get off the bus, follow the bus route but turn left by a construction site thingy, or just ask someone where the chemistry building is....gotcha!

Thanks m'luv :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it does count :smile: When you come off the platforms, be aware that to get to the bus stops you need to go down some stairs / escalators. If you find yourself outside without having gone downstairs, you've gone out the wrong entrance.

Go down Brunswick Street, and you'll see it's on your right hand side. You'll see the building that's undergoing renovations (Simon Building) followed by Zochonis Building, then Chemistry Building. It'll be more obvious when you get there though. Have you tried using Streetview to do a walkthrough?
Reply 1213
Original post by Origami Bullets
Yeah it does count :smile: When you come off the platforms, be aware that to get to the bus stops you need to go down some stairs / escalators. If you find yourself outside without having gone downstairs, you've gone out the wrong entrance.

Go down Brunswick Street, and you'll see it's on your right hand side. You'll see the building that's undergoing renovations (Simon Building) followed by Zochonis Building, then Chemistry Building. It'll be more obvious when you get there though. Have you tried using Streetview to do a walkthrough?

Ohh yes I remember that from the last time I came to the open day, down the escalators and it's the bus stop across the road under the bridge or something.

Ok I'm sure I'll figure it out as I'm walking past and **** I forgot to do that today!! I always streetview new places to familiarise myself :angry:

Thanks again though :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1214
Original post by SkAlley
That's alright, and YAAAAAY, I honestly thought no one else was going lol
Where are you coming from and are you going to the accommodation tour before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

London Euston, how about you?
I booked it, but I'm not sure if I want to go. I'm guessing you are?
Just got an offer from UoM for Optometry! Going to firm it ASAP
Reply 1216
Original post by w77
London Euston, how about you?
I booked it, but I'm not sure if I want to go. I'm guessing you are?

Yeah I went from Euston too, did you end up going then? I found it a waste to be honest :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1217
Original post by SkAlley
Yeah I went from Euston too, did you end up going then? I found it a waste to be honest :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to the accom tour, but I had a brief look at the accom when walking around the city with a friend.
Very true, but I do think it was worth visiting as I am now far more reassured that UoM is a nice university and Manchester is a lovely city.
Reply 1218
Original post by w77
Not to the accom tour, but I had a brief look at the accom when walking around the city with a friend.
Very true, but I do think it was worth visiting as I am now far more reassured that UoM is a nice university and Manchester is a lovely city.

Ahh damn you're lucky, maybe I should have done that too, but I didn't want to go on the tour of 1 campus and then do nothing by myself for an hour or so :/ Was it only the city campus you saw then, or where you able to find others?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1219
Original post by SkAlley
Ahh damn you're lucky, maybe I should have done that too, but I didn't want to go on the tour of 1 campus and then do nothing by myself for an hour or so :/ Was it only the city campus you saw then, or where you able to find others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I just walked around and my friend pointed out the different accom as we want past :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending