The Student Room Group

Are all nighters effective and what should i have beside me

I am in year 12 revising for my AS levels and was thinking of pulling an all nighter so i can get back on track with all my subjects. Will the all nighters be effective and what foods and drinks should i have next to me. I do not like coffee or tea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you can avoid it, emphatically don't. Often as not they give the illusion of accomplishment but after a while you become too tired to usefully take anything in. Revision isn't a question of quantity but quality: one hour of genuinely helpful and active thinking is worth ten hours of passive, bored, idling.

Being well rested will also help sustain concentration over several weeks - with AS Levels, there's no point peaking on the first day.
Reply 2
Have a cup of tea... Or two. Not coffee as that will eff you up for the night and the morning after.

Have good music to keep you awake and happy and a window open in order to let some air in. The breeze will keep you up.

Maybe a few snacks. Proper snacks. Not any crap that will make you sluggish or tired.

All nighters are effective but on the one off. Don't do them everyday.

Source: spent my first and second shot at A Levels pulling all nighters. Spent this sodding BTEC doing all nighters to complete coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't do them, unless you absolutely have to. I got through my A levels just fine without the need, they just make you ridiculously tired for the next day and you barely learn anything anyway.

The only time I've done a semblance of an all-nighter was a few weeks ago (at uni) when I had an essay due in at 9am. Ended up finishing it at 4am.

Don't get into the habit of doing them, especially at AS level, there's really no need whatsoever.
Reply 4
You will have a rubbish all nighter without some kind of stimulant, and any stimulant at night will **** up your sleeping pattern.

Do it in the day. Sleep is pretty important for learning.
Ok thanks for your help guys. I should only do all nighters if nessecary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by nocoolusername
I am in year 12 revising for my AS levels and was thinking of pulling an all nighter so i can get back on track with all my subjects. Will the all nighters be effective and what foods and drinks should i have next to me. I do not like coffee or tea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on the person, all nighters for me don't work, but if you inisit on doing an allnighter you'll need food which can give you energy, so things like relentless, lucizade etc. and food you can stomanch which also give you energy, junk food doens't always work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending