The Student Room Group

Which 2 universities would you choose?

Poll

Which one would you take as your first choice?

IF you had to choose between Coventry, Lincoln, Sheffield Hallam, Greenwich or Kingston, which 2 universities would you take? Why or why not?
Reply 1
Original post by Varo
IF you had to choose between Coventry, Lincoln, Sheffield Hallam, Greenwich or Kingston, which 2 universities would you take? Why or why not?

for which subject?
Reply 2
Sheffield is heads and shoulders the most exciting place of all of those. South London is horrible, Lincoln is backwards and Coventry is a sattellite.

Edit: If 2, then Kingston is one of the few more tolerable parts of the big smoke.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by velmark
for which subject?

Marketing and Advertising
Reply 4
Original post by Dozzer_Cufc
Sheffield is heads and shoulders the most exciting place of all of those. South London is horrible, Lincoln is backwards and Coventry is a sattellite.

Edit: If 2, then Kingston is one of the few more tolerable parts of the big smoke.

Are you talking about Sheffield university or Sheffield Hallam university? What do you mean with Lincoln going backwards?
Reply 5
Original post by Varo
Are you talking about Sheffield university or Sheffield Hallam university? What do you mean with Lincoln going backwards?

I'm talking about the places.

I know all of them very well (family in Coventry, close friends in Lincoln & Sheffield), and Sheffield is a great city. Lincoln isn't going backwards, aside from it's beautiful centre, it is a bit of a backwards place.
Lincoln. I know nothing of any of the universities or the courses, but I'd rather live in Lincoln than any of the other places. It's a nice city with pleasant architecture. Sheffield is nice but is a bit big and grey for my tastes (I'm a country person), Coventry is Coventry, and the other two are in London.

Don't make your decision based on the answers to this poll (or even let it sway you), as most people are just as clueless as me about the actual academic stuff.
Reply 7
Original post by russellsteapot

Don't make your decision based on the answers to this poll (or even let it sway you), as most people are just as clueless as me about the actual academic stuff.

Certainly don't count me, I only clicked on this by accident in the first place :colondollar:
Reply 8
I live in Coventry and the night life would be pretty good for any student looking to come here, as the city itself is of a fairly large size and overall very nice.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Coventry just last year was awarded the "Best New University" award, which is always a sign things are going good there :smile:

Finally, there's plenty of opportunity around to tie in your degree with people from the engineering and business sectors, especially at the university itself, which works heavily with Jaguar :smile:
I would recommend Sheffield Hallam. It's an amaze city with lots to do, great nightlife, good university plenty if shops - meadow hall shopping centre is just7 mins on the train. All the university is close together and the city campus is right outside the train station.. That's my first choice xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
What course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending