The Student Room Group

Boyfriend's ex/girls he's slept with

Personally I think staying friends with exes/past sexual partners is fine as long as Im 100% sure I dont have a feeling towards them anymore, but never ever kept regular contact with any of them.

How do you deal with the fact that bf still hangs out with ex/girls he's slept with alone or as in a group? (I guess many people would say if they have mutual friends and have to hang out together as a group regularly there's nothing you can do about it.)

Any red flags I should take notes of?
Reply 1
I think that if girls are friends with someone they can usually deal with it, men could still be friends with an ex but if theres still any kind of attraction there its not so easy for them to say no if benefits are offered and they think with their "other brain" :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Personally I think staying friends with exes/past sexual partners is fine as long as Im 100% sure I dont have a feeling towards them anymore, but never ever kept regular contact with any of them.

How do you deal with the fact that bf still hangs out with ex/girls he's slept with alone or as in a group? (I guess many people would say if they have mutual friends and have to hang out together as a group regularly there's nothing you can do about it.)

Any red flags I should take notes of?

Here is my take.

One reason why ANY man stays friends with women he has banged.

1: To get sex again because he enjoyed it with her

One reason why ANY woman stays friends with a man she has had sex with or dated

1: He ****ed her so hard and so well that they needed two towels underneath and a change of sheets afterwards

I say you're missing out but be prepared for insecurity and epic drama
Reply 3
If they where friends before going out sure they can still be friends, but otherwise not
Reply 4
Original post by TSRgawdlike
Here is my take.

One reason why ANY man stays friends with women he has banged.

1: To get sex again because he enjoyed it with her

One reason why ANY woman stays friends with a man she has had sex with or dated

1: He ****ed her so hard and so well that they needed two towels underneath and a change of sheets afterwards

I say you're missing out but be prepared for insecurity and epic drama

I really wouldn't mind staying friends with my exes if he's some kind of fancy shoe maker and I can get discount from him. Not everything has to do with sex maybe????
I really wouldn't mind staying friends with my exes if he's some kind of fancy shoe maker and I can get discount from him. Not everything has to do with sex maybe????

It's true what they say: the best ones are married or fancy shoe makers.

As for the actual problem (!), how many of his former partners is he routinely hanging out with? You implied a whole harem which is a touch alarming, assuming you're not dating Simon Cowell and therefore well compensated with Malibu beach houses.

Red flags could include excessively talking about them, cancelling plans with you to hang out with them, being hyper-sensitive to incoming texts... but in this situation I'd say that unless you have complete trust in him, it won't work in the long run. The fact is, if a guy is going to cheat, he's going to cheat i.e. he needn't cheat with an ex. Likewise, you either trust him, or you don't.

haha

You're after drama, I can sense it.

Quick Reply

Latest