The Student Room Group

English Lang/Lit B

anybody doing this paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by xxvine

Finally! And yeah, how are you finding this? BTW what book are you studying? Im doing the crucible
Reply 2
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Finally! And yeah, how are you finding this? BTW what book are you studying? Im doing the crucible

Same man!!!!!
Im doing the food anthology as well. Doing english AS and A2 in one year!!!
Hows revsion.....have you started?!?
Reply 3
Original post by xxvine
Same man!!!!!
Im doing the food anthology as well. Doing english AS and A2 in one year!!!
Hows revsion.....have you started?!?

Sorry for late reply since laptop been missing awhile its been a while since I've checked this. I'm also retaking my first yr so I'm doing the food anthology thingy. This week is the last deadline for our c/w so I want to give that A2 first.

Then I'm going to be sitting on AS classes by my teachers permission so will be starting really soon. strestting out got 7 exams >.<

What about u? How much revision u done for English? Trying to get a A/B
Reply 4
Sorry for late reply since laptop been missing awhile its been a while since I've checked this. I'm also retaking my first yr so I'm doing the food anthology thingy. This week is the last deadline for our c/w so I want to give that A2 first.

Then I'm going to be sitting on AS classes by my teachers permission so will be starting really soon. strestting out got 7 exams >.<

What about u? How much revision u done for English? Trying to get a A/B

same man
just making notes really (AS), need to learn all the terminology (A2) and do loads of essays....
How are you approaching the food exam? Have you been doing essays or notes? Its kinda tricky because it depends on the steer of the question and you have to compare throughout! I would love to get an A so need to work hard from now on!
Reply 5
Original post by xxvine
same man
just making notes really (AS), need to learn all the terminology (A2) and do loads of essays....
How are you approaching the food exam? Have you been doing essays or notes? Its kinda tricky because it depends on the steer of the question and you have to compare throughout! I would love to get an A so need to work hard from now on!

more or less with you, havent done anything, just so far revising the terminolgy but thats it, from next week however i will sitting on AS classes and actually be revising unlike last year :colondollar: this week im just focusing on my c/w, have you finished that? Next week is the deadline for us, sad times, need to get solid B. I'll be doing lots of past papers and give it to the teacher to mark, it sucks that i have 6 other exams but still gonna fouus on everything!

Comparing throughout i hate that, I really do :frown: but what can we do? Just losts of revision and hopefully we will do GREAT!

You apply for uni this year?
Reply 6
more or less with you, havent done anything, just so far revising the terminolgy but thats it, from next week however i will sitting on AS classes and actually be revising unlike last year :colondollar: this week im just focusing on my c/w, have you finished that? Next week is the deadline for us, sad times, need to get solid B. I'll be doing lots of past papers and give it to the teacher to mark, it sucks that i have 6 other exams but still gonna fouus on everything!

Comparing throughout i hate that, I really do :frown: but what can we do? Just losts of revision and hopefully we will do GREAT!

You apply for uni this year?

Hey yeahhhh technique is so important

For the anthology i have stared to focus on like 8 texts that are very different so that i can use them in the exam. The unseen part is kinda hard as well! Really need to do a lot of past papers these next couple of weeks...cos the exam is apporaching:frown:

How do you feel about the crucible? Need to read the play again!
Reply 7
Original post by xxvine
Hey yeahhhh technique is so important

For the anthology i have stared to focus on like 8 texts that are very different so that i can use them in the exam. The unseen part is kinda hard as well! Really need to do a lot of past papers these next couple of weeks...cos the exam is apporaching:frown:

How do you feel about the crucible? Need to read the play again!

Omg, dont talk about the technique with me! So damn hard fam, allow it! Right now I'm finished of my cw by the end of TODAY, IDC. I've had enough of that crap! As for the anthology I havent even started on it! got a brand new book and haven;t annotated anything! Some one please kill me :frown: From next week is when I start sitting on AS classes!

Unseen text is kind of out there so all Im saying right now is that past papers are the way to go.

The Crucible is an interesting read, we've got like 30 pages left but I still re-read it on my own time. xD

Right now English I just feel like wallowing in self pity!
Reply 8
Omg, dont talk about the technique with me! So damn hard fam, allow it! Right now I'm finished of my cw by the end of TODAY, IDC. I've had enough of that crap! As for the anthology I havent even started on it! got a brand new book and haven;t annotated anything! Some one please kill me :frown: From next week is when I start sitting on AS classes!

Unseen text is kind of out there so all Im saying right now is that past papers are the way to go.

The Crucible is an interesting read, we've got like 30 pages left but I still re-read it on my own time. xD

Ahhh i see....i think past papers are the way to go as well....deffo going to be doing loads of past papers.....

need to learn transcripts as well
Reply 9

Hows english going dude?!?
Hey guys

Is anyone studying novels: in cold blood and the true history of kelly gang plus the poetry anthology?

if so, how are you revising? and also could anyone give me a plot summary for TTHOKG???

cheers
Reply 11
Original post by EmilyandHarvey
Hey guys

Is anyone studying novels: in cold blood and the true history of kelly gang plus the poetry anthology?

if so, how are you revising? and also could anyone give me a plot summary for TTHOKG???

cheers

Huh as or a2?
Im doing the crucible
Original post by EmilyandHarvey
Hey guys

cheers

im doing those novels!
Reply 13
Original post by maddiemcdonald
im doing those novels!

is this AS or A2?

For A2 i am doing the crucible?
Reply 14
Original post by xxvine
Hows english going dude?!?

Odd I didnt see this until now! But its going okay! Got my AS coursework result! I pushed it up to a top B! I am so happy! So I think I pushed my overall AS grade to a B now!

I got my commentary last one back yesterday so adding finishing touches to it and I am done! Though I have NO idea how I am going revise for the Anthology, still haven't started on it :frown: got 1 month and SIX DAYS left, stress is real!

How is it going for you?
Reply 15
Original post by xxvine

I did AS last year and doing A2 this year studying the play King Lear. i am happy to find other people doing this qualification, it has been hard to find people
Reply 16
Original post by tgwktm
I did AS last year and doing A2 this year studying the play King Lear. i am happy to find other people doing this qualification, it has been hard to find people

yeah so surprised few people doing it?

I am doing AS and A2..in May and June (doing the crucible)

How did you do on the anthology...kinda nervous about that? Any tips.....
Reply 17
Original post by xxvine
yeah so surprised few people doing it?

I am doing AS and A2..in May and June (doing the crucible)

How did you do on the anthology...kinda nervous about that? Any tips.....

don't know how i did on the anthology alone but i got a high C overall (2 marks of a B) (still don't understand why i got that mark but i won't go into that). I got an A in my mock. for the anthology the way i revised it was to go through each text and make notes on figurative language, syntax, grammar, phonology, lexis etc. and write these notes up as bullet points after annotating them on the actual text. i also compared several texts underneath themes i was given by my teacher in the form of a table. also, don;t forget to comment on the presentation so size/colour of the text, pictures, whats in the pictures, colour scheme, location/size of pictures that sort of thing
Reply 18
Odd I didnt see this until now! But its going okay! Got my AS coursework result! I pushed it up to a top B! I am so happy! So I think I pushed my overall AS grade to a B now!

I got my commentary last one back yesterday so adding finishing touches to it and I am done! Though I have NO idea how I am going revise for the Anthology, still haven't started on it :frown: got 1 month and SIX DAYS left, stress is real!

How is it going for you?

Hows revision going...?exams are approaching but need to go through my notes and do some past papers!

Have you gone through all the texts?
Reply 19
Original post by tgwktm
don't know how i did on the anthology alone but i got a high C overall (2 marks of a B) (still don't understand why i got that mark but i won't go into that). I got an A in my mock. for the anthology the way i revised it was to go through each text and make notes on figurative language, syntax, grammar, phonology, lexis etc. and write these notes up as bullet points after annotating them on the actual text. i also compared several texts underneath themes i was given by my teacher in the form of a table. also, don;t forget to comment on the presentation so size/colour of the text, pictures, whats in the pictures, colour scheme, location/size of pictures that sort of thing

ahhh yeah but i was told language features is what gets you the higher marks so don't spend too much time communing on graphology

I really hope the steer of the question is good! The last couple of papers have been tricky in that you have had to use precise texts.
This is the last year of the food anthology so hopefully AQA will be kind!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending