Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Going to uni aged 21 2014! (NTU)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rachel375
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is anyone going to uni or anyone who went to uni at aged 21 as I will be. How did you find making friends with people your own age? Also, will you be with a bunch of 18 year olds when living in halls or do they tend to mix it up? I don't really mind living with 18 year olds but I just don't want to feel like the granny of the group:/. I'm applying to Nottingham Trent as my first choice. Thanks in advance:smile:

Hey,

I just booked my accommodation for Gill Street and the Uni told me before which rooms were for mature and those rooms didn't even come up and I am 21. So I guess they may be for postgrads anyway?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Rachel375
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is anyone going to uni or anyone who went to uni at aged 21 as I will be. How did you find making friends with people your own age? Also, will you be with a bunch of 18 year olds when living in halls or do they tend to mix it up? I don't really mind living with 18 year olds but I just don't want to feel like the granny of the group:/. I'm applying to Nottingham Trent as my first choice. Thanks in advance:smile:

Hey I'm kinda in the same boat so I don't think you should worry :smile: I'll be 20 soon and 21 within my first year and am looking at staying at either gill street, gill street south, Simpson or Byron (but really haven't got a clue yet!) Hopefully there will be a good mix of ages :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Any other 21 year olds staying at Gill Street? I am in B474 :smile:
Reply 23
I will be 22 when I start and I have booked Gill Street South. I don't expect there to be much difference between the ages as we will all be adults when we start

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a first year student and three of my flat mates are older than the traditional sixth form leaver age, not an issue at all really.
Reply 25
Original post by lawstudentntux
I am a first year student and three of my flat mates are older than the traditional sixth form leaver age, not an issue at all really.

Thanks for the info :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Jobie123
Hey,

I just booked my accommodation for Gill Street and the Uni told me before which rooms were for mature and those rooms didn't even come up and I am 21. So I guess they may be for postgrads anyway?

Hey! I'm a second year, but I am planning on moving back into halls for my third year - hopefully gill street.
Do you remember which rooms they said were for mature students by any chance?
Thank you! :biggrin: xx
(edited 10 years ago)
I'll be 21 when I start but I guess it's a good age; old enough to have done some work and maybe have a bit of life experience and young enough still to go out and enjoy yourself.
Original post by andr3wm
I will be 22 when I start and I have booked Gill Street South. I don't expect there to be much difference between the ages as we will all be adults when we start

Posted from TSR Mobile

what block/flat are you in?
Reply 29
Original post by applenpears
what block/flat are you in?

K3304, I found 2 people already in my flat I reeeeally wanna find the others haha. You're in L42 yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andr3wm
K3304, I found 2 people already in my flat I reeeeally wanna find the others haha. You're in L42 yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool! Yes I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by applenpears
Ah cool! Yes I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

See you there! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I was talking to a guy on my course and he's 20 now but his birthday is in June so he'll be starting at 21 too :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by emmaohboy
I was talking to a guy on my course and he's 20 now but his birthday is in June so he'll be starting at 21 too :smile:

Ah cool thanks! It seems as though there's a few people about this age starting which is decent :smile: send him this way if he wants to say hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by andr3wm
Ah cool thanks! It seems as though there's a few people about this age starting which is decent :smile: send him this way if he wants to say hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

no worries, aye will do!
Yup, here i am, at last. Sorry I'm late, I was using my zimmer frame to get here, and to answer your question ofcourse we aren't old! We will blend in perfectly.
Reply 36
Original post by DavidTaylor23
Yup, here i am, at last. Sorry I'm late, I was using my zimmer frame to get here, and to answer your question ofcourse we aren't old! We will blend in perfectly.

Haha hopefully you didn't pick up an injury on the way here! Need to take care of the old hips and knees don't we

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by DavidTaylor23

For Christmas I'll get you some ointment for your poor achy joints :')
Original post by emmaohboy
For Christmas I'll get you some ointment for your poor achy joints :')

Haha good girl, thank you, I'll be investing in a mobility scooter to get to and from uni haha
Reply 39
Original post by Shaaan
Hey! I'm a second year, but I am planning on moving back into halls for my third year - hopefully gill street.
Do you remember which rooms they said were for mature students by any chance?
Thank you! :biggrin: xx

In Gill Street it is flats/rooms in G block and a flat in C Block, level 4, flat 9.

That is what they told me :smile: but there will probably be people your age all over gill street ha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending