The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CraigWM
Bit harsh of you, poor woman only wanted a holiday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bloody Home Counties folk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is amazing, guys.

Also I totally wouldn't complain about being sent to Grenada rather than Granada. Granada was lovely but Grenada would probably be better.
Wolves are winning this league. Please stop scoring three away from home ffs.
Well, I think promotion is pretty much guaranteed - 15 clear of third with a game in hand and only 11 left to play. Surely no way to mess this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jangrafess
Wolves are winning this league. Please stop scoring three away from home ffs.

Referee awards 4 penalties, sends one of our players off and books a few more. I am getting really sick of nothing going our way this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Well, I think promotion is pretty much guaranteed - 15 clear of third with a game in hand and only 11 left to play. Surely no way to mess this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
Sick to **** of the referees in this league. That's all.
What the ****ing hell was that?
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

I'm being jealous of our clubs' wildly contrasting fortunes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loat
Blackpool actually won a game, is the apocalypse near?

Coventry need to play in Coventry for that to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loat
Is there any progress on your situation? Or are SISU and the council still busy trying to rip each other off while ripping the club to pieces?

Both parties are saying that everything's fine-the council can manage an empty stadium and SISU are happy to fund massive losses in their attempt to get the Ricoh cheap.

It is an utter shambles and I am genuinely angry at the state of the club and all those responsible. Note-that includes the footballing authorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 472
Original post by Loat
Blackpool actually won a game, is the apocalypse near?

No, the true apocalypse did happen tonight though.

Torquay winning, especially as it was against promotion set Rochdale.

We're still going down.
Original post by Loat
Presumably the stand-off will continue until someone runs out of money or patience then? Do you see any other way of this resolving itself?

Can't believe the league have allowed this to happen, but I suppose in a post-MK Dons world, anything can...

The council's resolve will be tested in the upcoming judicial review this June-if they lose then their position might become a lot weaker. Otherwise, SISU may lose patience and build their crappy Lego stadium somewhere outside Coventry.

I think over the next few years we will eventually return but interest in the club will be dead and the team could be in League 2 or lower. For a club of our size and potential fan base that is an utter joke and English football should hold its head in shame for allowing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
The council's resolve will be tested in the upcoming judicial review this June-if they lose then their position might become a lot weaker. Otherwise, SISU may lose patience and build their crappy Lego stadium somewhere outside Coventry.

I think over the next few years we will eventually return but interest in the club will be dead and the team could be in League 2 or lower. For a club of our size and potential fan base that is an utter joke and English football should hold its head in shame for allowing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be like Leeds Utd playing their home games in Sheffield. I couldn't even imagine that. Though I suspect if, for whatever reason, Leeds can't play at Elland Road, we'd most likely end up at the John Smith Stadium in Huddersfield. Daunting to think that if Cellino fails his fit & proper persons test, Leeds United will go into administration.
Original post by Silver Arrows
That would be like Leeds Utd playing their home games in Sheffield. I couldn't even imagine that. Though I suspect if, for whatever reason, Leeds can't play at Elland Road, we'd most likely end up at the John Smith Stadium in Huddersfield. Daunting to think that if Cellino fails his fit & proper persons test, Leeds United will go into administration.

At least Brammall Lane holds more than 7,500. Nobody ever fails this test, Carson Yeung passed it for goodness' sake...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
Original post by Midlander
At least Brammall Lane holds more than 7,500. Nobody ever fails this test, Carson Yeung passed it for goodness' sake...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Laurence Bassini passed it, a man who had had 13 businesses, 12 of them went into adminstration, and was declared bankrupt the year before he took over Watford. Then people were surprised when it turned out he was a conman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fit and proper persons test presumably consists of just asking an unfit and improper person for a massive bung.
Original post by Jangrafess
The fit and proper persons test presumably consists of just asking an unfit and improper person for a massive bung.

It's not fit for purpose in the first place. It just asks if the potential owner was a director at a club when that club went insolvent. Doesn't look at intentions or if the money is actually there, just if they've history of damaging a club

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM
Laurence Bassini passed it, a man who had had 13 businesses, 12 of them went into adminstration, and was declared bankrupt the year before he took over Watford. Then people were surprised when it turned out he was a conman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The prospective owner fills in the form themselves. Total joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest