The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by msewell12
Got a pre-interview rejection today :/ Was a track update at 12:00pm exactly. Reason Given:

"Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your UCAS application was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants."

For anyone who's interested my stats are:

GCSE's: 10 A*s 1 A
A Levels (Achieved) : A*A*A*b (in biology chemistry maths and german)
AS Levels in Year 12: BBBC
BMAT: 4.0 5.8 3.5A

The rejection came as no surprise as they'd pretty much already rejected me over the phone a few months ago, when I phoned them to ask why had they requested my AS Level marks in Year 12. I feel upset that they didn't even look at my A2 Performance as their selection process is supposedly 'holistic'-my AS Levels have now cost me a place at two universities (the other choice being Cambridge). I'm also annoyed they've taken nearly 6 months just to send a pre-interview rejection-last year all pre-interview rejections were given out by the end of January.

Onwards and upwards I guess-hopefully I will get an offer from my last remaining choice. And congrats to everyone with offers-UCL is an absolutely fantastic place to study medicine :smile:

Just got my 4th medicine rejection from UCL today. Going to reapply next year, your stats look really good can't believe you've last 2 offers because of your AS! I'm thinking of reapplying to UCL next year if I get AAA at A2, atm I've got AAB at AS. Got any advice me about reapplying to UCL and just generally about reapplying? Do you think I should to reapply to UCL or do you think they'll ignore my A2 results?

Anyway, I hope you get an interview and offer for your last choice! You must have put in a lot of effort to get those A* grades from BBC at AS, very impressive! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 1261
Original post by DrTJEckleburg
I only sent one, but if you have more then send more :smile: that said, I don't think more than one is necessary

Rightio, yeah I was going to send four but that might be overkill... Going to stick with two :smile:
Reply 1262
Does sending references increase the chances of getting an offer?
Original post by nimsay1
Rightio, yeah I was going to send four but that might be overkill... Going to stick with two :smile:

Yeah four might be a bit much :smile:

Original post by chi80
Does sending references increase the chances of getting an offer?

I don't know but it probably doesn't do any harm - if you have any, send them :smile:
Yo guys you see when you receive an offer do you get an email from UCL congratulating on the offer first and before it updates on UCAS Track, or is it the other way round??? Just curious :smile:
Just been made on offer today!

AAA, including Biology, Chemistry *and Physics* eek!
..better start working harder and easing off on the maths!

For reference my stats are:
GCSE: 14A*
AS: AAAABB in Bio, Chem, Maths, Gen S, Phys and Crit Th
BMAT: 3.7, 5.2, 2.5A
Reply 1266
Offer ! Interview last weds :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1267
I've been put on the waiting list today? Has anyone heard of this before, I didn't know UCL did that
Original post by Razer_M
Offer ! Interview last weds :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! How do you think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1269
Original post by nimsay1
Hi, I have some questions about the documents they want us to email in...

1. Do you email the main interviewee form with references and passport copy, or is it ok to send them separately? Some of my references are taking a while to chase up.

2. My passport has expired, so will it still be ok to send a copy of that?

If anyone could help that'd be amazing! My interview is on the 18th, so I don't want to delay the forms too long eeek

About the references, I emailed them and they said it was fine to send additional references later.
Reply 1270
Original post by sausagerolled
Congratulations! How do you think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Thought it went really well tbh, didn't prep for it all so my answers were probably more genuine!
I thought it trailed off a bit at the end as they asked about bmat essay but apparently not haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1271
Does ucl accept reapplicants under any special circumstances? I applied for 2015 but was rejected post interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1272
Original post by tvgc2000
Does ucl accept reapplicants under any special circumstances? I applied for 2015 but was rejected post interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

apparantly if they send you a letter saying that you should apply next year after gaining more maturity/experience then you can reapply but other than that if you reapplied next year...they wont consider it..... If you dont mind can u share what went wrong? cause i have an interview coming up and im getting quite nervous!
What's the quickest anyone's heard back after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1274
What's the quickest anyone's heard back after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somone a few pages back heard after 2 days , mine was 3 discounting the weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razer_M
Somone a few pages back heard after 2 days , mine was 3 discounting the weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh cheers! Is it an email or through UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1276
Ahh cheers! Is it an email or through UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an email at 15.36 then a track update at 16.02 so both!
Then it updated on the portal a day after

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1277
Does anyone know what the is involved within the 3rd year Bsc partof the course- is it simply a research project that you complete?
Reply 1278
What are the advantages of the teaching style? Also how early is clinical contact?
Reply 1279
OMG I GOT AN OFFER! :biggrin:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
My interview was on the 11th and I got my offer today around 2pm - STILL IN SHOCK! Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest