The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5800
Original post by puddle77
This is a pretty accurate representation of the thoughts in my head for the last couple of weeks, haha. But what can we do? Distract ourselves with other things while we wait I guess. Let's just hope for the best! :smile:

:smile: thanks. what course have you applied? any econ and econ history applicants out there? the admissions at our department are such ****ing procrastinators compare to all the other departments im not even joking. As an regular TSR user on the LSE forum I've learnt that they've only given out a handful of offers to date. I hope there is more coming this week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5801
Original post by ida3388
:smile: thanks. what course have you applied? any econ and econ history applicants out there? the admissions at our department are such ****ing procrastinators compare to all the other departments im not even joking. As an regular TSR user on the LSE forum I've learnt that they've only given out a handful of offers to date. I hope there is more coming this week.

I haven't heard from anyone who has heard from social policy and economics man! What is going on!!!
Original post by bshrestha
So ignorant people in my school think that only doing "Economics" at LSE is respectful and that doing other courses such as Philosophy and Economics / Government and Economics are not "real" subjects. It's funny because these people would not even pass the first stage of LSE selection. Why are you hating from outside the club when you can't even get in...

PREACH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5803
Original post by ida3388

I applied for Social Policy and Sociology. I'm in the same boat as you are, very few people seem to have gotten offers and the entire Social Policy dept seems to have vanished off the face of the planet. Are you an international applicant?
Reply 5804
Offer for Management!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5805
Got an offer for Social Policy and Sociology! Happy :smile:
Reply 5806

Congratulations!!! You must be over the moon!

Still waiting for mine
Reply 5807
Got rejected :frown:
Reply 5808
Rejected from Government and Economics. PS was the reason. Oh well, makes my decision a lot easier: SOAS here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5809
Original post by Arian93
Got rejected :frown:

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Did you ask them why?
Reply 5810
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Did you ask them why?

The email states personal statement as the deciding factor.
Reply 5811
Original post by Arian93
The email states personal statement as the deciding factor.

Oh :frown: It's their loss! I hope you're not too upset. Are you considering any other schools as well? All the best for whatever decision you come to make.
Reply 5812
Offer for mathematics with economics !!!!!! :smile:
Rejection for economics and economic history, I guess I'll just have to go to Leeds
Reply 5814

Omg so jealous of you. I'm still restlessly waiting! Congrats!
Reply 5815
Original post by ida3388
Omg so jealous of you. I'm still restlessly waiting! Congrats!

Thank you! Don't worry, I'm sure they'll tell you soon. Crossing my fingers for you!
Reply 5816
Original post by grosseban
Rejection for economics and economic history, I guess I'll just have to go to Leeds

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. I've applied for the same course and this makes me really nervous. I was wondering if you can disclose your as grades and predictions and perhaps your GCsEs. You don't have to reply if you don't want to. But thank you if you do.
Is today the last day for LSE offers or something? I didn't think they'd give offers on a Wednesday.
Original post by ida3388
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. I've applied for the same course and this makes me really nervous. I was wondering if you can disclose your as grades and predictions and perhaps your GCsEs. You don't have to reply if you don't want to. But thank you if you do.

Hi, I'm an international applicant, but my grades exactly matched the entry requirements. They told me that my application was good but that the other personal statements were stronger
Reply 5819
Rejection for economics and economic history. Extremely bummed. Their reason was that there were other subject combinations that are more suited to the course than mine. On the LSE website, it states that the department has no preferred subject combination, so I'm incredibly disappointed.

Btw, my grades were AAB at Singapore H2 Level, for Maths, Economics and Chemistry respectively.

Should i email them to enquire about this? And should i try again the next UCAS cycle given that i applied for deferred entry in the current one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending