The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5820
Hi guys, there is a word in my conditions that I will have to obtain 85% overall in Polish Matura. Do you think guys that overall is the equivalent for the average? Because, we do not have any overall score in Polish Matura. Only results from specific subjects, so just to clarify, does overall=average?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5821
Original post by charleso
Rejection for economics and economic history. Extremely bummed. Their reason was that there were other subject combinations that are more suited to the course than mine. On the LSE website, it states that the department has no preferred subject combination, so I'm incredibly disappointed.

Btw, my grades were AAB at Singapore H2 Level, for Maths, Economics and Chemistry respectively.

Should i email them to enquire about this? And should i try again the next UCAS cycle given that i applied for deferred entry in the current one?

Omg rejection based on subject combinations? This is pure bull****. I thought the same thing too because they said math is the only essential subject. I don't do history so I guess I'm getting rejected soon. I feel outraged for you! Mayhe you shouldn't reapply if you can't get a history qualification by the time you reapply for the same course. Perhaps go for a different course.
Reply 5822
Offer for Maths with Eco ! :smile:
Original post by NWI
Offer for mathematics with economics !!!!!! :smile:

Hi, I've applied for the same course and was wondering whether you'd be able to tell me your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades. Also could you tell me when you applied and which email's you received. thanks
Original post by ZK10
Offer for Maths with Eco ! :smile:

Hi, I've applied for the same course and was wondering whether you'd be able to tell me your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades. Also could you tell me when you applied and which email's you received. thanks
Reply 5825
Original post by puddle77
Oh :frown: It's their loss! I hope you're not too upset. Are you considering any other schools as well? All the best for whatever decision you come to make.

Thanks! Well I was naturally gutted but it doesnt matter much since I was applying as a mature student. I am in the second year at uni so joining LSE would have meant repeating some of the courses I have already studied but I wouldnt have minded, not in the least.
Reply 5826
Original post by Arian93
Thanks! Well I was naturally gutted but it doesnt matter much since I was applying as a mature student. I am in the second year at uni so joining LSE would have meant repeating some of the courses I have already studied but I wouldnt have minded, not in the least.

try at postgrad, there is always another chance. dont give up.
Reply 5827
Original post by NWI
Offer for mathematics with economics !!!!!! :smile:

Congrats
What are your gcse results if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5828
Original post by #Unknown

My application went through 6th Jan, and received the 2 week email after 2 days, then on 17th jan i received the 7 week email, and now got the offer today.

My gcse's were pretty rubbish:
2 D* 3 As 2Bs 2Cs and a D in art.

AS levels:
AAAAAE (Maths, FM, Additional FM, Econ, Accounts and Computing respectively)

A2 predictions:
5 A*s (dropped computing)
Reply 5829
Original post by ida3388
Omg rejection based on subject combinations? This is pure bull****. I thought the same thing too because they said math is the only essential subject. I don't do history so I guess I'm getting rejected soon. I feel outraged for you! Mayhe you shouldn't reapply if you can't get a history qualification by the time you reapply for the same course. Perhaps go for a different course.

Thanks, i'm fine. Think i'll be dropping them an email to ask if it's worth applying for the next cycle. What subjects do you take? Let me know how your application gets along. I have an offer from York but am unlikely to go to that one - still have my offers in Singapore to consider.

And no definitely can't get a history qualification, the Singapore A-level is a completely different ball game to the UK one.
Reply 5830
Thanks, i'm fine. Think i'll be dropping them an email to ask if it's worth applying for the next cycle. What subjects do you take? Let me know how your application gets along. I have an offer from York but am unlikely to go to that one - still have my offers in Singapore to consider.

And no definitely can't get a history qualification, the Singapore A-level is a completely different ball game to the UK one.

that is very unfortunate, and im really sorry that you didnt get in. i do math, further math, econ and physics. so i only have 1 essay subject. i dont know how its gonna turn out for me but i'll let you know. in the mean time i think you should drop them an email for sure about the rejection based on subject combination. best wishes, and you can always reapply at postgrad or somewhere else better. :smile:
Reply 5831
Original post by mmms95
So sorry to hear about your rejection, I also got rejected because of subject combination but for business maths and stats. I take maths phys ict and English and really wanted to do further maths but it wasn't available in my school or region :frown: so yeah I tried to appeal on that bases but clearly they didn't want to reconsider or anything and said they would only reconsider you if you have extenuating circumstances or something was missed from your application etc. I feel like transferring and applying for second year lol but I doubt that will work out. Ah anyways good luck with wherever you end up going, and remember, a rejection does not define your worth :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, am currently considering my options! I'm def thinking of reapplying (esp since I applied for deferred in this cycle) but I'll drop them an email to see if it's even worth trying. I'm also looking into other courses. Thankful for the chance to re-apply - the reason being i'm serving my 2 year national service stint!
Reply 5832
Offer for social policy & economics
Original post by NedStark
Is today the last day for LSE offers or something? I didn't think they'd give offers on a Wednesday.

Got an offer for international history... Anyone else out there?
Reply 5834
Original post by #Unknown

Original post by m0hd_J
Congrats
What are your gcse results if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, no GCSE, AS or A2 grades. I am applying from denmark with a danish STX qualification from 2012.

A-level subjects and grades:

Mathematics, grades: 12, 12, 12
Music, grades: 12, 12, 12, 12
History, grades: 12, 12
Danish literature, grades; 12, 12, 10

(The danish grading system consists of seven different grades, ranging from 12 to −3, with 12 being the highest.)

I applied 14 jan 2014, received "confirmation of receipt" 15 Jan, "I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications" 22 Jan, "your application is strong enough" 04 Feb, "our Admissions Selector has decided to offer you a place" today. :smile:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

:smile:
Got rejected for maths and eco and still waiting on an answer for maths with eco...
Do you guys think that i'm bound to get rejected? And why not send both rejections on the same day?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5836
Original post by TheBlueGuy
Got rejected for maths and eco and still waiting on an answer for maths with eco...
Do you guys think that i'm bound to get rejected? And why not send both rejections on the same day?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry too much. 90% of times they give offers for just one subject to show that they're hard to get. You still got a chance if you have a good PS.:smile:
Well I just got an offer for stats with finance :smile: (after applying November 2013)

I've already started my course at the University of Melbourne, but I may have to say goodbye to college here and head over to London.
Reply 5838
Original post by grosseban
Hi, I'm an international applicant, but my grades exactly matched the entry requirements. They told me that my application was good but that the other personal statements were stronger
I see. But just out of interest did you receive the 4 week email being the strongest in the cycle?
Reply 5839
Rejection for economics and economic history. Extremely bummed. Their reason was that there were other subject combinations that are more suited to the course than mine. On the LSE website, it states that the department has no preferred subject combination, so I'm incredibly disappointed.

Btw, my grades were AAB at Singapore H2 Level, for Maths, Economics and Chemistry respectively.

Should i email them to enquire about this? And should i try again the next UCAS cycle given that i applied for deferred entry in the current one?

Did you recieve the 4 week email about being the strongest in the cycle? Would you let me know what they say when they email you back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending