The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by ne88pv
hi, i got 2 offers for Ms. urban planning from Birmingham and sheffield, birmingham has better ranking and sheffield has better faculty, now i don't know how to choose??

hey guys i am international student and i don't have any special idea about these universities can you please advise me?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Firmed my unconditional offer to do French and Spanish! :smile: Anyone else going to the applicant day on 15th March?
Reply 1162
Original post by aallen
Just got an offer for English: they only want me to get an A in English this year. That's semi-unconditional, right?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! :biggrin:

I have an offer for English Literature & History too! Where else have you applied for English and History? I have an offer from Southampton so I'm not sure if I should firm Southampton or Bham...
Original post by ne88pv
hey guys i am international student and i don't have any special idea about these universities can you please advise me?

Well, which place do you like better? Rankings are pretty subjective. Which has the courses you prefer? Which city would you rather live in?
Reply 1164
Original post by daeonica
Well, which place do you like better? Rankings are pretty subjective. Which has the courses you prefer? Which city would you rather live in?

i prefer to live in birmingham because as i know it is bigger, more active and... but i am not sure about its ranking for my course (it is a little bit weak) my goal is to get my phd and sheffield is more strong in my course and of course i have conditional offer from sheffield and unconditional offer from birmingham, now i just want to know about the native students opinion around these 2 uni.
Reply 1165
Original post by Rubyx
I have an offer for English Literature & History too! Where else have you applied for English and History? I have an offer from Southampton so I'm not sure if I should firm Southampton or Bham...

I'm a straight Literature applicant. I've an offer from Cardiff too, which is rather tempting too. I'm too into my Shakespeare though, so I think Birmingham is the one for me.
Reply 1166
Anyone started applying for accommodation. What do you have to do and which places are the best/would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1167
Original post by aallen
I'm a straight Literature applicant. I've an offer from Cardiff too, which is rather tempting too. I'm too into my Shakespeare though, so I think Birmingham is the one for me.

Oh okay, I don't know why I assumed you were applying for History also lol. Yeah, I love the modules on Shakespeare at Bham I'm even considering a Masters on Shakespeare at UCL. I think I'm going to go with Southampton though mainly because, of the History modules. Good luck with your exams!
Which accommodation is everyone applying for?
I'm stuck between mason and tennis courts at the moment. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply 1169
Just firmed my unconditional for economics and geography (joint honours) and have applied for tennis courts then mason for accommodation. Is there anyone else who has applied for tennis courts/mason and has an unconditional offer? Also is there anyone that is looking to firm an economics/geography place? 😀
I don't have an unconditional but I have applied for mason/tennis courts :-)
Reply 1171
Awesome 👍 have you firmed birm?
yes i have, to study philosophy, religion + ethics :smile:
Reply 1173
Original post by nemi022
hey guys
I am firming Birmingham, and thought I would ask ifanyone defiantly is too. I am a bit worried about going to fresher’s week withno friends (am moving from Newcastle to Birmingham so)…i am going to be studying Law btw

Hey, I firmed Birmingham today! Moving from Middlesbrough so not too far from you. I'm doing Chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1174
Original post by Alex0506
Hi, Birmingham Chem Eng as well hopefully. They give you a tour on the interview day. As soon as the offer comes through they will send you accommodation stuff. You fill in a questionnaire and put your top 5 accomodation choices in order of preference. I think it's first come first serve though so fill it in a soon as you get the offer it doesn't matter if it's your firm or whatnot. You can change it once it's submitted and you'll still have the same place on the priority list. I went meal plan because I'm a but hopeless at cooking and birmingham do meal plans 2 meals a day mon-fri so I'll still have a chance to cook and you'll still get a kitchen area even though it's caterer. Hope this helps, good luck for the interview

Hey, I'm also chemical engineering! I firmed today. Have you firmed yet? And where have you applied for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1175
Original post by nemi022
hey guys
I am firming Birmingham, and thought I would ask ifanyone defiantly is too. I am a bit worried about going to fresher’s week withno friends (am moving from Newcastle to Birmingham so)…i am going to be studying Law btw

If it makes you feel better, i on my own from the south coast You will make friends :smile: xx
Reply 1176
Original post by danni182
If it makes you feel better, i on my own from the south coast You will make friends :smile: xx

yeah it does actually thank you, hopefully it all goes well :smile:
Reply 1177
Original post by CHSimps
Hey, I firmed Birmingham today! Moving from Middlesbrough so not too far from you. I'm doing Chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right a fellow northerner :smile: hopefully it all goes well, firming it soon
Original post by githz
Anyone started applying for accommodation. What do you have to do and which places are the best/would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd apply ASAP if I were you (you can change your options once you have applied) as accommodation is first come first serve! When I visited on Saturday I had numerous students there asking whether I had applied for accommodation.

Re which one to go for.... I think it really just depends on your budget! By the sounds of things, there isn't anything wrong with any of the accommodation :smile:
Reply 1179
Original post by clairemariex
University of Birmingham have given me a conditional offer for Nursing, I live in Coventry so not sure whether to stay living at home and commute or to move away. I feel it'd be better to live away and have some independence and meet new people etc but then on money sid eof thigns it'd be easier to stay in Cov. It's just that placements might be hard when I'm working shifts as trains won't be running and I don't drive. Is anyone else hoping to do Nursing at University of Birmingham?x

Hi Claire! How was the interview? I have mine next week. I live in coventry but want to move away too but like you said it will be tough cux of money issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending