The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5840
Original post by mmms95
So sorry to hear about your rejection, I also got rejected because of subject combination but for business maths and stats. I take maths phys ict and English and really wanted to do further maths but it wasn't available in my school or region :frown: so yeah I tried to appeal on that bases but clearly they didn't want to reconsider or anything and said they would only reconsider you if you have extenuating circumstances or something was missed from your application etc. I feel like transferring and applying for second year lol but I doubt that will work out. Ah anyways good luck with wherever you end up going, and remember, a rejection does not define your worth :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about your rejection. Can I please ask if you recieved the 4 week email about being the strongest in the cycle? And what were your grades? Did you talk about Econ history in your Ps? Was it not having further math the reason or for not having history as well? Thank you.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5841
Original post by ida3388
Omg rejection based on subject combinations? This is pure bull****. I thought the same thing too because they said math is the only essential subject. I don't do history so I guess I'm getting rejected soon. I feel outraged for you! Mayhe you shouldn't reapply if you can't get a history qualification by the time you reapply for the same course. Perhaps go for a different course.

I also got rejected because of wrong subject combination. I had maths, economics, business and chinese, probbly they wanted FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5842
Original post by mmms95
I didn't apply for Econ history I applied for Business maths and stats and it says that further maths or a science is recommended. I got the 7 week email though, not the strongest one. I also stated that further maths was not available for me etc. I'd rather PM u my grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
definitely tell them that FM wasn't available for you. That could count as an extenuating circumstance.
Original post by arminb
Don't worry too much. 90% of times they give offers for just one subject to show that they're hard to get. You still got a chance if you have a good PS.:smile:

Thanks for the answer.
I don't have much hope to be honest, not sure why they wouldn't answer both on the same day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If only I knew you could apply for 2 courses at the same uni. :frown:
Reply 5845
Original post by charleso
Rejection for economics and economic history. Extremely bummed. Their reason was that there were other subject combinations that are more suited to the course than mine. On the LSE website, it states that the department has no preferred subject combination, so I'm incredibly disappointed.

Btw, my grades were AAB at Singapore H2 Level, for Maths, Economics and Chemistry respectively.

Should i email them to enquire about this? And should i try again the next UCAS cycle given that i applied for deferred entry in the current one?

Sorry to hear this. Im took a lvls in sg as well. Did you take 3H2s or 4? any H3s? maybe that was what they meant by "better subject combinations"
Reply 5846
Original post by weyhwang
Sorry to hear this. Im took a lvls in sg as well. Did you take 3H2s or 4? any H3s? maybe that was what they meant by "better subject combinations"
are you an Econ and Econ history applicant as well? How has it been for you? What emails did you get? Thanks
Reply 5847
Original post by ida3388
are you an Econ and Econ history applicant as well? How has it been for you? What emails did you get? Thanks

yeah i am. The last email i received was the 7 weeks mail. i have 4H2s, no H3 :/
Got an unconditional offer for maths with econ!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This just in:

I am pleased to tell you that our Admissions Selector has decided to offer you a place to study BSc in International Relations at LSE!

Unconditional. I think I'm going to go with Cambridge in the end though.
Although I would save money on accommodation by living in London (at home). Hmm...
Just got an offer for Accounting and Finance! :smile:
Reply 5851
update: offer for econs+econ hist! :*)
Reply 5852
Offer for Econ and Econ history!
Reply 5853

Omg yay! Me tooo! See you there!
Reply 5854

Original post by ida3388
Offer for Econ and Econ history!

Congrats! May I ask weyhwang, what were your grades at 4H2? Did you apply for deferred? And I only took 3H2, and was from CJ.
Reply 5855
Original post by charleso
Congrats! May I ask weyhwang, what were your grades at 4H2? Did you apply for deferred? And I only took 3H2, and was from CJ.

hi thank you! my grades are AAAA. Nope I'm Malaysian so i don't have NS liabilities. You're of batch 2013? if so you have 2 more years to try! dont give up!:smile:
Reply 5856
Original post by ida3388
Omg yay! Me tooo! See you there!

I have also got an offer as well^^ congra to you!!!
Reply 5857
got Economics offer :smile: so happy
A*AA and A in AS further maths and A* in Maths
Reply 5858
Original post by ZK10
Offer for Maths with Eco ! :smile:

Congrats!
What were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5859
Original post by TheBlueGuy
Got an unconditional offer for maths with econ!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!
What were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking?
Also what a levels did you take and did you do any extra curricular activities to boost your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending