The Student Room Group

He liked me while I didn't like him, now I like him and he doesn't like me!

I met this guy a few months ago. He was really into me and did quite a few nice romantic gestures when we first met and although I was receptive I didn't really feel that strongly toward him, I have always liked him but I had just broken up with someone at the time and wasn't looking for a new bf, so I gently ended it.

Recently we got together again, just kissed and spent a night together, and I went all out afterwards confessing that I liked him and had liked him since we'd first met, I was so sure that he liked me back but he told me he didn't feel that way about me anymore.

I know I only have myself to blame but I feel so crushed :frown: I feel like SUCH an idiot, I threw away something that could've been so good cause I was so caught up with my ex.

I keep trying to stop thinking of it but I just can't. I don't know what to do.... I like him so much, us getting together recently proved that to me, I have always had a thing for him but I can't stop thinking about it now :frown: I just wish I could turn back so much.

what do I do? Is it too much to send him a message apologising for when I blew him off the first time?
Reply 1
No of course it's not too much! Tell him how you feel, apologise for last time and ask him for a chance :smile:

Worth a try anyway!
Reply 2
He's moved on. You should leave him alone.
LOL. He's a smart man, He showed his interest, you didn't reciprocate and he moved on. Same as me, if i show interest and its not reciprocated i persist for abit, then lose interest if still no progress.
Reply 4
Original post by Em4416
No of course it's not too much! Tell him how you feel, apologise for last time and ask him for a chance :smile:

Worth a try anyway!

Original post by VK96
He's moved on. You should leave him alone.

Torn between these two aaaaagh.

Original post by TheEssence
LOL. He's a smart man, He showed his interest, you didn't reciprocate and he moved on. Same as me, if i show interest and its not reciprocated i persist for abit, then lose interest if still no progress.

It wasn't like that, I did reciprocate. I just told him I couldn't commit to him properly at that point as I'd just broken up with someone and my mind was elsewhere, it wasn't fair!

He's the one that kissed me the other day and initiated spending time together, I don't get why he did that if he was going to turn round and tell me he doesn't like me anymore.
You already blew him off?
Life is so hard
Reply 7
Why were you so caught up with your ex at the time? What meant you couldn't get with the guy in question?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy a few months ago. He was really into me and did quite a few nice romantic gestures when we first met and although I was receptive I didn't really feel that strongly toward him, I have always liked him but I had just broken up with someone at the time and wasn't looking for a new bf, so I gently ended it.

Recently we got together again, just kissed and spent a night together, and I went all out afterwards confessing that I liked him and had liked him since we'd first met, I was so sure that he liked me back but he told me he didn't feel that way about me anymore.

I know I only have myself to blame but I feel so crushed :frown: I feel like SUCH an idiot, I threw away something that could've been so good cause I was so caught up with my ex.

I keep trying to stop thinking of it but I just can't. I don't know what to do.... I like him so much, us getting together recently proved that to me, I have always had a thing for him but I can't stop thinking about it now :frown: I just wish I could turn back so much.

what do I do? Is it too much to send him a message apologising for when I blew him off the first time?

You had every right to still be caught up about your ex if you had just broken up! When you break up with someone, you most likely will not be thinking about getting with someone else, if anything you might be thinking of getting back with your ex if you still had feelings for them! I'm not saying it's the case of course but you know what I mean.

I don't think it's too much, if he's moved on then fine ok you should accept that but there is no harm in trying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending