The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boss-man
It is unlikely that they will give 500-550 offers especially if they have to reduce the number of offers they have to give out this year prevent an over-subscription. It is more likely it will be 400-450 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they probably give offers around that range. Because 60% of a level students don't meet their predictions plus seeing as this year there will be no Jan exams even more...
Original post by blah_blah2345
I think they probably give offers around that range. Because 60% of a level students don't meet their predictions plus seeing as this year there will be no Jan exams even more...

So do u think they will still give 500-550 offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
So do u think they will still give 500-550 offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think more closer to the 500 than 550.
that newsletter gave me a fright.
Reply 2644
yes, oh dear! Heart skipped a beat
Reply 2645
Original post by pencilsaregreat
that newsletter gave me a fright.

Original post by karthvee
yes, oh dear! Heart skipped a beat

Almost flipping died!

EDIT: Do you guys know when we are meant to be hearing back from them?
Reply 2646
Somebody posted '14th march' mysteriously. Checking my emails non stop ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2647
Original post by SAS18
Almost flipping died!

EDIT: Do you guys know when we are meant to be hearing back from them?

Someone said they called admissions and it won't be today but it'll be before next weekend :bebored:
Original post by Mee 123
Someone said they called admissions and it won't be today but it'll be before next weekend :bebored:

Yeah, that's what he said to me, but perhaps he was trying not to boost my expectations on when we'll hear back, we'll see soon enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2649
Well i guess we're not going to be hearing back today then *sigh*
Reply 2650
14th March ... Stupid day -_-
Original post by Rosine
14th March ... Stupid day -_-

Very much so, I'm not sure how I'm going to find another week waiting!
experiencing uni application twice is bad for my heart...
Reply 2653
Just wondering what kind of ukcat scores the graduates invited for an interview for the 5 year programme have? Thanks
Reply 2654
Original post by Iamleah
Just wondering what kind of ukcat scores the graduates invited for an interview for the 5 year programme have? Thanks

I had 740 avg and got an interview- so did my friends with 730, but others with 700 didnt :/ hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2655
Original post by Iamleah

I had 728 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2656
I have a hunch its going to be thursday/friday. They said "after 15th March", "not during the weekend", "not on monday" and "right before the next weekend"...
Ughh this wait is killing me!
Original post by lucey
I have a hunch its going to be thursday/friday. They said "after 15th March", "not during the weekend", "not on monday" and "right before the next weekend"...
Ughh this wait is killing me!

"Not on Monday"?! But Tuesday feels like ages away! :cry2:
Reply 2658
My dissertation is due in next week... INCONVENIENT :unimpressed:
Original post by blah_blah2345

Grade boundaries will be lower this year though because of that, although I do know at least 3 people who only made their offers due to A2 resits, so you have a point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending