The Student Room Group

Will this course get me into sound producing or a related career?

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about studying at Deep Blue Sound in Plymouth next year but was wondering if there are jobs in this area. This is my current plan:

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Production

and then go onto study

BA (Hons) in Music Production.

I would then hope to get a job at a recording studio. However, I was wondering if there are jobs in the industry and if this idea was practical?

Many thanks,
Ben!!!
Reply 1
Original post by nightwatcher805
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about studying at Deep Blue Sound in Plymouth next year but was wondering if there are jobs in this area. This is my current plan:

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Production

and then go onto study

BA (Hons) in Music Production.

I would then hope to get a job at a recording studio. However, I was wondering if there are jobs in the industry and if this idea was practical?

Many thanks,
Ben!!!

Hey I'm kinda in the same boat as you but I wanna head towards the sound engineering route while doing production in my free time.

I hope you're aware that you can't just go into the music industry with just a degree or other qualifications. You NEED experience, it is so crucial!! Experience is what will get you in, the more experience you have, the more contacts and therefore your reputation increases. So if I am you I would get ringing up as many studios as you can and see if you can do voluntary work (even if it's just making cups of tea).

A music production degree will give you the knowledge but you need to show your practicality and apply that knowledge through experience. Some people may prefer to do a degree in something else like physics so they have 2 paths to pick from and if one fails, you have always got the other.

Also as the music industry is soooo competitive,there are jobs out there, you just need to get out there fast and show your self. You need to be dedicated and need to know that it's not an easy ride, but push along and you will get somewhere. Good luck in your journey and I hope to see you along the way! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending