The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rainman91
A friend of mine received an offer earlier today for the A101 course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least the offers are coming through :smile: I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for us. What day did they have their interview?
Original post by petzneo
Well at least the offers are coming through :smile: I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for us. What day did they have their interview?

27th Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3062
Has anyone else got an offer email but no update on UCAS track as of yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3063
Does anyone know how the interview : Places ratio for undergrads?
Reply 3064
Original post by acardus

It's a touch more difficult to predict this year since they added the extra interview date (yesterday).

At a guess...they've probably interviewed at least 800 candidates for 350 offers. So that's about 2.3:1.

But as I said we can't really be sure about how many more candidates they've interviewed. I'd wager it's around the 800 mark in total though :eek:.
Reply 3065
Original post by acardus

This is all I know:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_competition_ratios
Reply 3066

As that ratio is at 2.3 already for last year (without the extra interview date) I guess that means it will be closer to 2.4~ for this year :redface:.
Reply 3067

Original post by Alumno
As that ratio is at 2.3 already for last year (without the extra interview date) I guess that means it will be closer to 2.4~ for this year :redface:.

Original post by Alumno
It's a touch more difficult to predict this year since they added the extra interview date (yesterday).

At a guess...they've probably interviewed at least 800 candidates for 350 offers. So that's about 2.3:1.

But as I said we can't really be sure about how many more candidates they've interviewed. I'd wager it's around the 800 mark in total though :eek:.

:frown: Wish I didn't find that out haha!
Original post by purple and gold
Finally someone who understands my situation. I had my newcastle interview on the 5th of December and Leicester was 28th January. How did both your interviews go?

Leicester was my first so I was super nervous... In hindsight it was not great but Newcastle went really well.What about you? Where else did you apply? :smile:
Reply 3069
Come on Leicester, hurry up and give me a cheeky offer PLEASEEEEE
Original post by bakes100

another weekend to wait now :frown:
Original post by langers21
another weekend to wait now :frown:

Surely it has to be next week...what with the offer holder day being April 5th. Knowing them we won't hear until next Friday or something!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3072
Original post by h3isenberg
My form tutor said last year someone got an offer on the 31st March in the afternoon, when they'd lost hope. It may be a nerve-wracking 2 weeks yet :eek:

I think thay was the sarurday? I know people who got them then too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two years ago, I got my offer in April - I had pretty much given up on life at this point.

Take home message: try not to lose hope if you don't hear back soon!
Original post by bakes100

I really hope we hear next week - my patience is starting to run out, only thing that is keeping me going is that they have to tell us by the 31st March!
Reply 3075
Original post by petzneo
I really hope we hear next week - my patience is starting to run out, only thing that is keeping me going is that they have to tell us by the 31st March!

I agree I hope we hear next week. I can't wait any longer....checking my emails constantly and being on edge in tension all the time is exhausting!!!!!!!! If they gave a date it would help so much. Hope we hear positive news next week!
Reply 3076
Are there any gem offer holders who plan on living in halls? I never got to experience halls in my first degree since there weren't enough and they were assigned randomly, so would kind of like to, but most GEMs I've spoken to intend on private. Even the 5th year giving the tour on our interview said that "private is better". I'm not sure if that's just cos the halls are far way from the med school or something.
I believe they should make the offers by next Wednesday, thats how it happened in February. So good luck. Maybe the wait is worth it (Y)
Original post by Adam657
Are there any gem offer holders who plan on living in halls? I never got to experience halls in my first degree since there weren't enough and they were assigned randomly, so would kind of like to, but most GEMs I've spoken to intend on private. Even the 5th year giving the tour on our interview said that "private is better". I'm not sure if that's just cos the halls are far way from the med school or something.

Yup. I do if I get an offer. In the same boat as you on the halls front. There are graduate halls right next to the med school. I was told by our grad tour guide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rainman91
Yup. I do if I get an offer. In the same boat as you on the halls front. There are graduate halls right next to the med school. I was told by our grad tour guide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. Opal Court and Nixon Court.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending