The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yellowcopter
I love English as much as I love Physics and Computing! :tongue: I was told Core + Statistics was the easiest one but the colleges I applied for only offered that as an AS over two years (for less able students, students who don't wish to do A2 or just want AS spread over two years) which I didn't want, and then there was Mechanics and Decision. Mechanics is supposedly the hardest and Decision was then my choice. They also said apparently it goes with Computing so, perfect choice. :tongue:

Apparently it's quite an interesting form of Maths so I'm looking forward to it. Despite the many people telling me that Decision is much more boring due to it's simplicity in comparison to Mechanics - but I like simplicity!

I can't agree with you on that one, but each to their own! :lol: Really? Never heard of places doing that, but there you go! Mechanics is easy with physics but more difficult without in my opinion but I like it :biggrin: Decision does go with computing- the first thing we were told was to 'think like a computer'- and whilst easy requires a very different way of thinking. It's with D2 not D1 but my friend is predicted 5A*s (well already has one) and can't get her head round it at all, yet I'm struggling towards ABB and find it much easier. It's weird, but very interesting! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I can't agree with you on that one, but each to their own! :lol: Really? Never heard of places doing that, but there you go! Mechanics is easy with physics but more difficult without in my opinion but I like it :biggrin: Decision does go with computing- the first thing we were told was to 'think like a computer'- and whilst easy requires a very different way of thinking. It's with D2 not D1 but my friend is predicted 5A*s (well already has one) and can't get her head round it at all, yet I'm struggling towards ABB and find it much easier. It's weird, but very interesting! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As of now I have no experience of any of them so I'll have to wait and see. :tongue: They'll probably tell me all about each one at interview stage anyway. Although at this point I'm seriously reconsidering A-Level Maths as I feel I'm going to struggle quite a bit.
Original post by yellowcopter
As of now I have no experience of any of them so I'll have to wait and see. :tongue: They'll probably tell me all about each one at interview stage anyway. Although at this point I'm seriously reconsidering A-Level Maths as I feel I'm going to struggle quite a bit.

If you have a good grasp of GCSE maths and are prepared to work you should be fine with it! What are the alternatives? Good luck with the interview though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random question but does anybody think it could be a possibility to learn further maths over summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
Random question but does anybody think it could be a possibility to learn further maths over summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends how good you are at maths and how quickly you can pick up new topics. I take it this is AS, so if you've already done AS maths its not much harder than that, if you get a high A you should be fine self teaching AS further.
Original post by Bloxorus
It depends how good you are at maths and how quickly you can pick up new topics. I take it this is AS, so if you've already done AS maths its not much harder than that, if you get a high A you should be fine self teaching AS further.

That's brilliant then! I'm doing maths as part of my degree and although further maths wasn't necessary most students will have it. I got an A in AS and hopefully will get an A* in A2! How hard does it get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
That's brilliant then! I'm doing maths as part of my degree and although further maths wasn't necessary most students will have it. I got an A in AS and hopefully will get an A* in A2! How hard does it get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I would say its not really any harder than AS maths, and certainly easier than A2, so you should be absolutely fine. Some bits of FP1 seem quite strange to start with but the actual maths involved is quite basic really. Its only at A2 where it starts to get tough with FP2 and FP3.
Original post by Bloxorus
Well I would say its not really any harder than AS maths, and certainly easier than A2, so you should be absolutely fine. Some bits of FP1 seem quite strange to start with but the actual maths involved is quite basic really. Its only at A2 where it starts to get tough with FP2 and FP3.

So it's not too bad then to start with? I'll probably use online videos to guide me if I'm stuck aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 828
Original post by Kateislate
Haven't started. I'm ****ed.

i have 26 exams this summer and i am freaking out. i cannot concentrate when trying to revise. revision tips will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Original post by fs1
i have 26 exams this summer and i am freaking out. i cannot concentrate when trying to revise. revision tips will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have 9 exams 3 resits and 6 A2 ones, i'm just going along with the flow. This is bad. I do Maths, English and Psychology. How do you balance everything out??? Any tips pls :frown: Like I end up only focussing on one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 831
Original post by prettyugly
Have 9 exams 3 resits and 6 A2 ones, i'm just going along with the flow. This is bad. I do Maths, English and Psychology. How do you balance everything out??? Any tips pls :frown: Like I end up only focussing on one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the same problem i'm facing..i have 5 resits and 9 A2 exams.i have decided to get all my revision done by 10-15 April and then focus on pastpapers for the rest of the days
Original post by muf_mur
That's the same problem i'm facing..i have 5 resits and 9 A2 exams.i have decided to get all my revision done by 10-15 April and then focus on pastpapers for the rest of the days

14 exams damnnn! What subjects do you do? And do you spend time on each subject everyday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 833
14 exams damnnn! What subjects do you do? And do you spend time on each subject everyday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i know it's a lot:frown: i do Maths(C4,FP1,FP2) Physics and Chemistry,my resits are C3, Phy1, Phy2, Chem1 & Chem2..so that's basically the whole of AS chem and Physics.
So far i am ready for only; maths units,Chem 1 and Phy4.
i try to spend time on each subject everyday but its just not possible.in fact on some days i dont do anything at all. i'm soo freaked out right now:afraid:
Original post by muf_mur
yeah i know it's a lot:frown: i do Maths(C4,FP1,FP2) Physics and Chemistry,my resits are C3, Phy1, Phy2, Chem1 & Chem2..so that's basically the whole of AS chem and Physics.
So far i am ready for only; maths units,Chem 1 and Phy4.
i try to spend time on each subject everyday but its just not possible.in fact on some days i dont do anything at all. i'm soo freaked out right now:afraid:

Ahhh it's like gcses all over again except 10x worse.😁 What grades are you aiming for? I'm retaking two maths units and i find myself only focussing on maths (because it's the one i enjoy revising) But yeah same some days i end up doing nothing... And I get distracted easily. I'm gonna try revising in short bursts but I DUNNO :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 835
Ahhh it's like gcses all over again except 10x worse.😁 What grades are you aiming for? I'm retaking two maths units and i find myself only focussing on maths (because it's the one i enjoy revising) But yeah same some days i end up doing nothing... And I get distracted easily. I'm gonna try revising in short bursts but I DUNNO :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am aiming for A's..what about you?
for me too Maths is a lot easier to study mainly due to the availability of video tutorials and stuff
Original post by furryface12
If you have a good grasp of GCSE maths and are prepared to work you should be fine with it! What are the alternatives? Good luck with the interview though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I've had some of my interviews now and all of them had said that Maths is a must for Computer Science so maths it is! I can grasp maths quite well and I'm a hard worker so hopefully I will do alright lol.
Original post by muf_mur
i am aiming for A's..what about you?
for me too Maths is a lot easier to study mainly due to the availability of video tutorials and stuff

As/Bs, and yeah that's true.
We can do this just a few months left!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 838
I got to revise for 5 exams this year.

Keep the motivation up everyone, we can all pull through it! :biggrin:
Reply 839
if-you-dont-study-you-shall-not-pass.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending