The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8600
Original post by Malevolent
even then Brady never had a receiving group like Mannings last year. Welker, Thomas, Decker, J.Thomas and even Tamme were a nasty good group. Bradys best was with Moss, Welker, Stallworth and Gaffney.

Yeah Gronk is the nightmare match up especially when its in the end zone. There isn't a better threat in that area.

I think they will. Gronk cannot be relied on to play the whole season and they know they need another receiving weapon. Hooman doesn't cut it as a receiving option. When hes on the field its pretty damn obvious its a run lol.

Yup no more big Vince :sad:

Man DeSean, Cooper, Maclin, Sproles, McCoy and Ertz. Not to mention their O line is so good.

That receiving group is probably the best there has ever been. Just about everyone could have been a number one on other teams.

I suppose they're such a TE-focussed offense they could. I'm sure Belichick has plans :lol:

Eagles are probably top 5 in terms of receivers this season.
Original post by munn
Browner will get a few times and give away some personal fouls and will infuriate you, but he is impossible to hate because he is simply a monster out there, my favourite Seahawk since Shaun Alexander.

I love this one! He takes out 3 players in one play :lol:
Original post by alow
That receiving group is probably the best there has ever been. Just about everyone could have been a number one on other teams.

I suppose they're such a TE-focussed offense they could. I'm sure Belichick has plans :lol:

Eagles are probably top 5 in terms of receivers this season.

Yeah man Eagles receivers are dirty good. Didn't realize but the Colts group is pretty nasty looking too!
Reply 8603
Yeah man Eagles receivers are dirty good. Didn't realize but the Colts group is pretty nasty looking too!

Yeah they got Nicks, didn't they? Wayne will be healthy again and Fleener is improving.
Original post by alow
Yeah they got Nicks, didn't they? Wayne will be healthy again and Fleener is improving.

Yeah man! Nicks, Fleener, Wayne, Hilton and Allen.
Reply 8605
Yeah man! Nicks, Fleener, Wayne, Hilton and Allen.

Loads of teams are going to have brilliant receivers. Even Detroit may have found a WR2 in Golden Tate.

And with the draft this year even teams that have weaker receiving corps can improve loads.
Original post by alow
Loads of teams are going to have brilliant receivers. Even Detroit may have found a WR2 in Golden Tate.

And with the draft this year even teams that have weaker receiving corps can improve loads.

Thank christ we went and loaded up with CBs haha. Think our CB depth from 1-5 is actually the best in the league. We even have McCourty who can go to CB in a pinch.
Reply 8607
Thank christ we went and loaded up with CBs haha. Think our CB depth from 1-5 is actually the best in the league. We even have McCourty who can go to CB in a pinch.

Good point :lol: It probably is, the Seahawks are the only team that can compete really.

If the Cowboys don't improve their secondary it's going to get torched this season.
Original post by alow
Good point :lol: It probably is, the Seahawks are the only team that can compete really.

If the Cowboys don't improve their secondary it's going to get torched this season.

Yeah man.

That it will but some of the younger players could make the leap to the next level?
Reply 8609
Yeah man.

That it will but some of the younger players could make the leap to the next level?

If Claiborne can live up to his potential and stay healthy and if we pick a safety high it will probably be alright. Carr has been a bit of a disappointment so far. JJ Wilcox has good potential too.
Original post by alow
If Claiborne can live up to his potential and stay healthy and if we pick a safety high it will probably be alright. Carr has been a bit of a disappointment so far. JJ Wilcox has good potential too.

Ahh okay I see. How about Ha-Ha Clinton Dix? I think he will be an absolute stud.

I think the Buccs and Jags have made some very good moves this off season.

Think the new fad in the NFL will be that Nascar package. Seahawks and Giants utilized it to win it all
Reply 8611
Ahh okay I see. How about Ha-Ha Clinton Dix? I think he will be an absolute stud.

I think the Buccs and Jags have made some very good moves this off season.

Think the new fad in the NFL will be that Nascar package. Seahawks and Giants utilized it to win it all

Clinton-Dix will be great. The Cowboys may have to move up to get him though and they haven't exactly got much to bargain with :lol: Can't risk getting rid of many picks with this many holes in defense.

They both should be far better than last year. 6+ wins for each this year I think.

The Nascar package is effective, but don't you have to have pretty fast LBs to pull it off well? If not I would think a decent running back could get good gains every down.
Original post by alow
Clinton-Dix will be great. The Cowboys may have to move up to get him though and they haven't exactly got much to bargain with :lol: Can't risk getting rid of many picks with this many holes in defense.

They both should be far better than last year. 6+ wins for each this year I think.

The Nascar package is effective, but don't you have to have pretty fast LBs to pull it off well? If not I would think a decent running back could get good gains every down.

Ahh okay I see haha :lol:

Yeah I think they should definitely same with the Browns!

Yeah it sacrifices the run defense but honestly who cares about run anymore its a passing league :lol:
Reply 8613
Ahh okay I see haha :lol:

Yeah I think they should definitely same with the Browns!

Yeah it sacrifices the run defense but honestly who cares about run anymore its a passing league :lol:

We're going to need to draft at least one pass rusher too, with Spencer (almost definitely) and Ware (already) gone.

Definitely. It'll be nice to see the browns without Weeden under centre at all this season too :lol: Plus the games will be way more interesting.

Good point. Although with all the read-option nowadays running is making a comeback, even if it's not through a workhorse back like it was.
Original post by alow
It was awful to see. I think TB is the better QB simply because he's done so much with so little. Amendola was always really good, even with Sam Bradford throwing to him so a full season this year with Brady will be great for him. Vereen is surprisingly good, when he's not fumbling that is-although not all of them were his fault, didn't he get knocked unconcious during one of his fumbles?

Original post by alow
It will be weird not seeing them play anymore. Both Manning and Brady could be amazing OCs though, would be great to see them on the sidelines. I think Belichick will retire when Brady does, another ring or two and they can both go out on top.

With the Pats-Broncos arms race, and look at the way Denver is binging in free agency, I genuinely think Manning will hang up the cleats next year. Osweiler and Dysert are coming along nicely (hopefully Dysert has a chance to prove himself), the running back corps is very young, with Ball, C.J Anderson and Hillman (please can CJ get more carries? He's a beast!). There is youth in the defense, but the fact that big players like Demaryius Thomas are still on their rookie contracts will cause trouble.

I don't think it's fair to say Peyton's always had better weapons to throw to than Brady. Brady's had better tight ends, if Peyton has had better wide outs. Brady's generally had a better O-line than Peyton (Peyton's o-line has its stats inflated by his very quick release - see last year.) and had a better defense earlier in his career (the few times did Peyton have a better defense than Brady, the Patriots defense was still up there).

Anyway, that's another discussion. Enjoy next season, because it really could be the last Peyton-Brady matchup.
Reply 8615
Original post by jammy4041
With the Pats-Broncos arms race, and look at the way Denver is binging in free agency, I genuinely think Manning will hang up the cleats next year. Osweiler and Dysert are coming along nicely (hopefully Dysert has a chance to prove himself), the running back corps is very young, with Ball, C.J Anderson and Hillman (please can CJ get more carries? He's a beast!). There is youth in the defense, but the fact that big players like Demaryius Thomas are still on their rookie contracts will cause trouble.

I don't think it's fair to say Peyton's always had better weapons to throw to than Brady. Brady's had better tight ends, if Peyton has had better wide outs. Brady's generally had a better O-line than Peyton (Peyton's o-line has its stats inflated by his very quick release - see last year.) and had a better defense earlier in his career (the few times did Peyton have a better defense than Brady, the Patriots defense was still up there).

Anyway, that's another discussion. Enjoy next season, because it really could be the last Peyton-Brady matchup.

Yeah the Broncos are absolutely destroying their cap for the future. It's now or never for both of them. And like you said, a lot of the players are still on their rookie contracts, the Broncos won't be able to afford them for much longer.

I agree that Brady's pretty much always had a better O-Line but for the majority of his career Manning's had better receivers, Brady only had a couple of years where he had a truly elite WR (Moss). Plus Julius Thomas was a better TE than Gronk last year (because he was actually on the field). The pats defense used to be insanely good though, especially when they were winning SBs. It's getting back up there now, with their linebackers and renovated secondary.

I'm going to watch all of their games for the rest of their careers, as there probably won't be a rivalry like this again for a long time. You could argue for either of them being the best QB ever.
The whole reason why DB have such a hard time now with receivers was because Manning couldn't handle the Patriots DBs and their rough style :lol:
Peppers has signed for the Packers :redface:
Peppers has signed for the Packers :redface:

I know right? It was a good thing I wasn't eating at the time when I saw that because I genuinely would have choked on my cornflakes...

Good value for the Packers, and a relatively low risk contract. Cutler better watch out.
Man its an arms race with the Patriots and Broncos!

Latest