The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Thread

So yeah, this is a thread for all those taking their GCSEs in May/June this year. I figured it would be a good place for people to post what they've done, or far along in revision they've progressed, and hopefully motivate some people to revise more after seeing what others have done and for people to share revision tips. So yeah, post you guys :smile: It might also be a good idea to list your subjects, predictions and what you're aiming for :smile:

Some good YouTube channels for revision:
mygcsescience- this is mainly AQA, but some parts of other boards specifications are covered in it :smile:
mrbuff- great channel for English Lit and Language, especially Romeo and Juliet :smile:

I'll start:
Subjects and Predictions:
Biology- A*
Chemistry- A*
Physics- A*
Maths Methods- A*
Maths Applications- A* (yes, these two maths ones count as two GCSEs)
English Literature- A*
English Language- A*
History- A*
Geography- A*
French- A*
German- A*
Food Tech- A

I'm aiming for all of the above, except a B in Food Tech. Or a C. I don't really care tbh xD
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your doing very well.
Heres mine. (Low i know :frown: )
English B
Maths B
Core science achieved C :frown:
Additional science target is A*
Geography A
History B
Business studies B
R.E B
I.T A*
P.E Merit achieved

You got any exam, revision or general tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done no revision specifically for the May/June exams but I've done some reviewing of topics for mocks, and I've had two mocks in a few subjects so that's all good.

I usually make spider diagrams for major topics within subjects, I've found that to be v.useful. I'm guessing flashcards and minigames are also great too, but it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

I'm predicted all A*s and so are most of my friends, but there's no chance in hell I'm going to achieve that, especially in Art.
Reply 3
Original post by Remyxomatosis
I've done no revision specifically for the May/June exams but I've done some reviewing of topics for mocks, and I've had two mocks in a few subjects so that's all good.

I usually make spider diagrams for major topics within subjects, I've found that to be v.useful. I'm guessing flashcards and minigames are also great too, but it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

I'm predicted all A*s and so are most of my friends, but there's no chance in hell I'm going to achieve that, especially in Art.

Art? Gosh, good luck. That subject is a killer xD

Original post by MrFox
Your doing very well.
Heres mine. (Low i know :frown: )
English B
Maths B
Core science achieved C :frown:
Additional science target is A*
Geography A
History B
Business studies B
R.E B
I.T A*
P.E Merit achieved

You got any exam, revision or general tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not low at all- far above the national average, in fact :smile:

I would say that past papers are the way to go. Just loads and loads of past papers. Don't stop till you drop xD
Reply 4
In comparison to yours... :pierre:lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
English - A*
English Lit A*
Maths A*
Statistics A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
Chemistry A*
German A
History A*
Music - A*
Latin A* although I think the chances of my getting all of those is pretty slim! I did quite a lot of revision for mocks but I haven't started real exam revision yet... :/
Reply 6
Original post by ChocolateMelody
English - A*
English Lit A*
Maths A*
Statistics A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
Chemistry A*
German A
History A*
Music - A*
Latin A* although I think the chances of my getting all of those is pretty slim! I did quite a lot of revision for mocks but I haven't started real exam revision yet... :/

I think if you revised a lot for your mocks, then you should be fine :smile:
Reply 7
:bump:
I don't know why I get involved in things like this, they just show how dumb I am compared to most of TSR :pierre:

Here it is, don't h8:
Business BTEC - Completed with D*
Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
Electronics - A*
ICT - A
RE - A/A*
English Lang - B
English Lit - C
Engineering - B. Probably less if I don't work in my coursework (Tech subjects are the spawn of the Devil :colonhash:)

Haven't started my revision cos I'm a lazy ****er :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by majmuh24
I don't know why I get involved in things like this, they just show how dumb I am compared to most of TSR :pierre:

Here it is, don't h8:
Business BTEC - Completed with D*
Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
Electronics - A*
ICT - A
RE - A/A*
English Lang - B
English Lit - C
Engineering - B. Probably less if I don't work in my coursework (Tech subjects are the spawn of the Devil :colonhash:)

Haven't started my revision cos I'm a lazy ****er :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's something I can agree with. Tech subjects should die.
(Tech subjects are the spawn of the Devil :colonhash:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree, I feel like I can't even start revising until I've finished my coursework :mad:
But yeah my predicted grades are:
Maths - A*
Additional Maths (FSMQ) - A
Biology - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Spanish - A*
PE - A*
Electronics - A*
RE - A
English Lit - B
English Lang - A
Psychology - B
I hope for at least 6A*'s to be able to get into my sixth form I want to go to! I am just finishing my revision notes and hope to get them done in the next couple of weeks so that I can start to intensely revise late march.
Original post by TheDaylighter
I totally agree, I feel like I can't even start revising until I've finished my coursework :mad:
But yeah my predicted grades are:
Maths - A*
Additional Maths (FSMQ) - A
Biology - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Spanish - A*
PE - A*
Electronics - A*
RE - A
English Lit - B
English Lang - A
Psychology - B

Ah, so you do Electronics as well! Is it AQA by any chance, I have yet to find anyone else on here that does it. :redface:

Haha, so true, my teachers don't really help cos they're so harsh, but I'm making an effort to stay after school (starting from next week) until I get it done. Think my folder for Engineering is on a U at the moment, LOL :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, so you do Electronics as well! Is it AQA by any chance, I have yet to find anyone else on here that does it. :redface:

Haha, so true, my teachers don't really help cos they're so harsh, but I'm making an effort to stay after school (starting from next week) until I get it done. Think my folder for Engineering is on a U at the moment, LOL :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup I do AQA. I was told mine was on a B/C but that was back in January so hopefully i'm doing better now:h: What are you doing for your project?
Reply 14
English Lang A*
English Literature A*
Maths A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
ICT A*
RE E (lol)
BTEC Sport Distinction

I doubt i will get an A* in literature though
Original post by TheDaylighter
Yup I do AQA. I was told mine was on a B/C but that was back in January so hopefully i'm doing better now:h: What are you doing for your project?

That's great! :five:

I've finished my project ages ago, it was a burglar alarm involving a LDR potential divider along with a SR Flip Flop (all on a breadboard) and I got 48 on it if my teacher's marking is correct :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread makes me feel dumb :frown:
How should I revise for English Lit? Any tips? AQA IGCSE. I've got to go over Romeo and Juliet (yes, the whole play) and unseen poetry.

And Citizenship, there's so much to cover :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by charlottejyp
This thread makes me feel dumb :frown:

Going on TSR makes me feel dumb :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great! :five:

I've finished my project ages ago, it was a burglar alarm involving a LDR potential divider along with a SR Flip Flop (all on a breadboard) and I got 48 on it if my teacher's marking is correct :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, thanks:colondollar:
Oh right, well there's always the exam right?

Quick Reply

Latest