The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
I don't suppose anyone knows what the support system is like at UCL? Aside from accommodation/expensive worries.. I've just wondered - what happens if I can't keep up with the work!? Would be a very expensive year to come away with nothing!
Reply 241
Original post by redferry
I'm on the Environment PhD - so really interested in sustainability and conservation but not directly energy I'm afraid :frown:

I didn't see this one before, my research proposal has actually A LOT to do with sustainability. I think I'll have to talk to you about this extensively, if you don't mind of course :wink:
Original post by nicob87
I didn't see this one before, my research proposal has actually A LOT to do with sustainability. I think I'll have to talk to you about this extensively, if you don't mind of course :wink:

Yeah of course! As long as you stop it with the winking face!
Reply 243
Original post by redferry
Yeah of course! As long as you stop it with the winking face!

Hahaha sorry about that, I meant no offense, I didn't even realize
Original post by nicob87
Hahaha sorry about that, I meant no offense, I didn't even realize

No worries :smile:
Reply 245
Any international applicants? Seems to me the lot of you guys are from the UK. It'd be cool to know there are fellow foreigners applying to UCL as well :smile:
Original post by 92DL
Hi!

I just applied to the school of Public Policy. Where can I find my application status and the status of my referees? Apparently there is nothing on Portico :/

For me it took them about two days to email me with a link to Portico and everything was up after that :smile: which course have you applied to at the SPP?
Reply 247
Original post by oywiththepoodles
For me it took them about two days to email me with a link to Portico and everything was up after that :smile: which course have you applied to at the SPP?

Hi!

Yes I received an email yesterday and everything was up and running. I applied for International Public Policy :smile: What about you?
Original post by 92DL
Hi!

Yes I received an email yesterday and everything was up and running. I applied for International Public Policy :smile: What about you?

Ah that's good news! :smile: I accepted an offer already for Security Studies :smile:
Reply 249
Ah that's good news! :smile: I accepted an offer already for Security Studies :smile:

Congrats!
How long did it take for them to get back to you?
What is your profile if I may ask?
Original post by 92DL
Congrats!
How long did it take for them to get back to you?
What is your profile if I may ask?

It actually took them 6 days including the weekend, I logged in and noticed it was being processed by admissions and saw a reply after midnight :smile: sure just I'm not sure specifically what you'd like to know? Private message me with specific questions? :smile:
Reply 251
It actually took them 6 days including the weekend, I logged in and noticed it was being processed by admissions and saw a reply after midnight :smile: sure just I'm not sure specifically what you'd like to know? Private message me with specific questions? :smile:

Wow 6 days including a weekend is amazingly fast!
Yea ill PM you :smile:
Just received an offer for MSc Paediatrics and Child Health: Global Child Health, anyone know any good websites for postgrad accommodation or websites where students look for housemates?
Hey guys I am applying for MSc in Computational Statistics and Machine Learning program at UCL. The rest of the universities that I have applied to are in USA. What are my chances of getting into UCL? What is the most important factor for getting in? I have a decent undergraduate record, GRE(323,Q-170,V-153) and 116 in TOEFL. 3 projects and no papers.If possible do suggest other universities in UK which will be good for the similar program.
Reply 254
Original post by Isabella39
Just received an offer for MSc Paediatrics and Child Health: Global Child Health, anyone know any good websites for postgrad accommodation or websites where students look for housemates?

Congratulations :smile: As a UCL student you are also part of the Uni of London so you may want to have a look at this site:

http://housing.london.ac.uk/cms/

I have friends that have both found flats and flatmates through ULHS. They are located close to UCL and would provide you with advice, as well as, legal help if you should have any issues with your contract or landlord etc..
Reply 255
Original post by routing_call
Hey guys I am applying for MSc in Computational Statistics and Machine Learning program at UCL. The rest of the universities that I have applied to are in USA. What are my chances of getting into UCL? What is the most important factor for getting in? I have a decent undergraduate record, GRE(323,Q-170,V-153) and 116 in TOEFL. 3 projects and no papers.If possible do suggest other universities in UK which will be good for the similar program.

What is your GPA?
Are you interested about "statistics" in general?
Does anybody know what happens after we accept the offer? Do we get a welcome pack soon with information or is there just nothing until much later? :smile:
Reply 257
Does anybody know what happens after we accept the offer? Do we get a welcome pack soon with information or is there just nothing until much later? :smile:

I received an offer 1.5 weeks ago (although I haven't clicked on "I accept the offer" yet) and haven't received any welcome pack.
Reply 258
Hi everybody! Does anyone know about the M.Sc Aquatic Science program in the Geography dept.? I have an offer from King's for M.Sc Water Science & Governance...and I'm starting to think I should have applied for the Aquatic Science program. What do you guys think? Is UCL that much better than king's? Cheers!
Reply 259
Original post by CANmania
Hi everybody! Does anyone know about the M.Sc Aquatic Science program in the Geography dept.? I have an offer from King's for M.Sc Water Science & Governance...and I'm starting to think I should have applied for the Aquatic Science program. What do you guys think? Is UCL that much better than king's? Cheers!

It would be up to you really :smile: It would be more down to whichever course you think will suit you best. Although sometimes, deciding that is easier said than done!

Have you looked on the website? For my course (also part of the geography depart) there was soooo much information about the course including this years course handbook and module outlines which was really helpful, could be worth looking into?

Also if you have 50 quid spare for the application fee, it doesn't hurt to at least apply then make your mind up later :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending